Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II

Old 04-09-2002, 06:05 PM   #1
sks.45
Experienced

Default Questions for Ritual. Borg Boss? Borg Boots? Do they look like borg?

First off...No criticism intended.

Borg Boss? What ever happened to the Queen?

Borg wearing boots???? Thats a first... From the Borgs first appearence in 1988 to present date in every Star Trek episode, game, toy action figure, comic book etc... the Borg have never worn boots. Why in EF2?

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: sks.45 ]
sks.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:27 PM   #2
Nurbs
Rookie

Default Re: Questions for Ritual. Borg Boss? Borg Boots? Do they look like borg?

Not that I work with ritual but I bet I can answer your questions

1)Remeber, the queen has been cut off from most of the collective, this drone may have taken over and become King of the sphere, otherwise she could have direct control over him and is simply using his body.

2) Go back and watch First Contact again, one of the drones steps out of his alcove and you can see very plainly that he has boots. What else do you think they'd where? Teletubby tennis shoes? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
sks.45
Experienced

Default Re: Questions for Ritual. Borg Boss? Borg Boots? Do they look like borg?

Ahhh... your correct Nurbs. I remember she was destroyed in that movie, Picard snapped her neck in-two after the flesh melted away.

In the movie... watching now...I see mechanical toes and servoes in what sort of appears to be boots...but they are not boots.

Teletubby tennis shoes would look alright [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sks.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:10 PM   #4
iNARIUS
Veteran

borg queen cant die... she's died three times already.

edit: and yah, I dont think they've ever worn boots... usually thieir feet are just littered with metal.

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: iNARIUS ]
iNARIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:31 PM   #5
Species8472
Veteran

You can't think in 3 dimensions when talking about the Borg Queen.
Species8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #6
Bjorn Borg
Veteran

It's all "exoplating" generated by their implants. So, yeah, I have issues with the over exaturated boots, also the gauntlets. They remind me more of Robocop in the screenshot.

Ritual, please don't take this too harsh. You're doing a great job. I mean this only in the most constructive way. Maybe you should tone them down, a bit. And make them match the rest of the suit. Also the Borg skin (flesh) needs to be more mottled. Borg implants are known to cause skin irritation. And they're fresh out of analgesic cream. Hey, just a buttinsky suggestion. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Bjorn Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:09 AM   #7
elmagoo
Experienced

Heheh, you silly humans, you all think in such 3 Dimensional terms..... p.

The Borg Queen is ever present, she is the collective and therefore exists whereever the collective exists . They've shown that several times on Voyager.

Also, re-watch the last episode of Voyager, that Borg queen was destroyed while the sphere was chasing Voyager.

elmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote