Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 12-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #1
CptCox
Experienced

Default Moddable?

So is CZ going to be as moddable as CS?

My team is already getting prep'd for CZ, and we were just wondering.
CptCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:17 PM   #2
warrior
Fanboy

Default Re: Moddable?

Good question.

We'll still be able to use scripts and so on right?
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
CptCox
Experienced

Default Ignring?

I think the dev's are ignoring us!!
Old 12-28-2002, 04:25 PM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: Ignring?

Don't forget that it's the time of the year where a lot of people are taking a much needed break from work. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:41 PM   #5
warrior
Fanboy

Default Re: Ignring?

Hey, I wasn't ragging on Ritual. Everybody deserves a break.

I have faith in their ability.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:03 PM   #6
weasl
Casual

*cough* what makes you think we'd be crazy enough not to allow the community to mod CZ?
weasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 11:50 AM   #7
Spectre
Rookie

It should be moddable. Ever since Half-Life: Counter-Strike started, everyone who could attempted to mod for the game...
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 08:15 AM   #8
Scarcrux
News Editor, Ritualistic

Send a message via ICQ to Scarcrux Send a message via AIM to Scarcrux Send a message via MSN to Scarcrux Send a message via Yahoo to Scarcrux Send a message via Skype™ to Scarcrux

Here's a snippet from the Shacknews preview of Condition Zero: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
While on the topic of tools, Here's a big one for the editing community. One of tools being used at Ritual that will throw the map makers out there for a loop. Ritual is not using Worldcraft to edit their maps, they have a custom version of QERadiant (The editor used in the Quake3 editing community) that they are using. Ritual is currently planning to release this new editor to the public along with Condition Zero.

[/ QUOTE ]
Scarcrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 09:25 AM   #9
Assim
Fanatic

And the guys working on GTK Radiant will always keep it updated with new features.
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 02:07 PM   #10
Spectre
Rookie

Sounds good, with yer permission i would like to post this information @ http://www.csczfiles.com ?
Old 01-01-2003, 02:58 AM   #11
warrior
Fanboy

Well I guess that answers the question!
Old 01-01-2003, 04:19 PM   #12
kanaeda
Veteran

actually, there's already support for using the older version of radiant, QeRadiant, for half-life editing. it uses a plug-in to add support for textures in wad format, and comes with entity files for half-life and a few other mods like cs.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:14 PM   #13
Castle
Level Designer

Hello CptCox

I do believe that there is some complications for allowing an add on to be modable because it is already a type of mod. However im not sure if this will prevent CZ mods from happening. though I intend to find out as soon as I can to answer your question.

We are currently using a Ritual only version of Radiant that I happen to prefer over GTKR currently due to some clunky interface issues and lack of paint select. hehe though I do know ill have to bite the bullet and use GTKR if I intend to make anymore Quake 3 dm maps this year. Im sure I can at least get paint select working with the latest version of GTKR and that would make my world into blue happy skies. Im sure that shortly after CZ is released some mad man like Ydnar will add support for CZ to GTKR.

This should be good news to all those people out there who love Radiant and want to make levels for CS or CZ or even just simple Half life.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 07:59 PM   #14
Korrupt
Veteran

Castle,

That is great news. I've used the various Radient flavor editors from SiED through Q3/FAKK2... they're simple and they work. (well, SinED wasn't exactly "easy" [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). Anyhow, hands down a lot better than working with the current HL editor Hammer / Worldcraft. I think the mod community will love the tools they'll recieve from Ritual.
Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #15
CptCox
Experienced

Thanks Castle, and I do agree, you guys do deserve a break, since the holidays started my team's been a little out of it too.

The biggest quesion is will the source code or small parts of it be avalible to the public? 'Cause as with CS, it'd be impossible for my team to re-create the code, and then modify it for the mod. Like you guys, I cant go into details about what we have planned, but I can say that some of the stuff we will be adding are new weapons/characters (not just new models, but new classes and such) and game modes.

I'm betting your gonna say 'no' to the above question, so I'll ask this. If you guys (or Valve) dont want to release the code, will the current game setup support a editing such as the beloved rewriting of CS's titles.txt, basicly, adding lines of code to some file that you can open in Notepad (or something in the GDK) that will tell the game 'add this thing and look here for other files and stuff'?

Hopefully you understand what I just wrote, 'cause I almost dont!
Old 01-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #16
KevinUK
Veteran

Interesting..people making mods of mods. Shouldnt these be updates of a mod or called an entirely new mod? [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
KevinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:41 PM   #17
warrior
Fanboy

Mods is gaming now!

CS is the most popular 3D shooter on the Internet. And it's a MOD.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:00 PM   #18
CptCox
Experienced

I think we'd be the first to mod a mod!
Old 01-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #19
kanaeda
Veteran

condition zero is definitely not what I would consider a mod. it's more on par with stuff like the opposing force and blue shift expansions for half-life.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:56 AM   #20
Castle
Level Designer

well thats why I said a type of mod.
opfor and bshift are add ons yes but they are also treated as mods by the game tree as far as I know. technicaly they are much more than a normal mod however to the game itself anything other than vinela half life is a mod. So I mean its a type of mod. eh.. its all splitting hairs we know that CS is a stand alone game yet we also know its a mod also. CZ is more like opfor than CS by far imho.

Anyway ill see what I can find out about mods for CZ.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 08:19 AM   #21
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Modding keeps game alive.
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #22
Spectre
Rookie

indeed
Old 01-04-2003, 11:25 PM   #23
scottytx

Most mods tend to be multiplayer nowadays, and modding for multiplayer CZ will be the same as modding for multiplayer CS, since they will be wrapped into one.

Creating single player mods for CZ would be noble, but single player mods aren't really the kind that keep games alive.
scottytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 02:45 PM   #24
weasl
Casual

It's worth noting that the single player component of CZ is a separate code base from the multiplayer CS component.

The multiplayer component will simply be the latest version of the counterstrike with exclusive multiplayer maps created for the CZ box.

The single player component is NOT a mod for Half-life, anymore then Sin is a Quake 2 mod.
Condition Zero does not require HL to run, and thus falls out of the mod category. Condition Zero is a completely self sufficient single player package created with the Half-life engine. Those who wish to use CZ to create singleplayer mods and levels will find that Ritual has added a number of excellent features to the code base to allow for more dynamic gameplay and increase customizable art and level assets usage.

So in short if you wish to make multiplayer mods for CZ, you're going to simply be working with the latest and greatest version of CS. Those wishing to create singleplayer content for CZ will have access to the tools and enhancements that ritual has made with the CZ code base.
weasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #25
Assim
Fanatic

Well that pretty much explains everything! Thanks!
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote