Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 02-17-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
happy_cravings
Casual

Default Will there be...<?speaking?>

I was just asking will be different languages in different regions of the world. Like, say u land in a Russian base to take out terrors or something, will the be speaking russian to each other...Why?...well when they see u counter-terroists paratrooping down in their territory they will want to notify other Terrorists for reinforcements...
Also will the Counter-Terrorists have different radio command voices...like Go! Go! Go!, will the french GIGN be saying this all in french?
ritual plz respond [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 02:17 AM   #2
happy_cravings
Casual

Default Re: Will there be...<?speaking?>

[img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] why has ritual stop responding to my posts.... [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #3
MadOnion
Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
"This new entity is a robust and powerful scripting language for coordinating timed events, scripted sequences, localised dialogue, and more," explains Richard [Gray AKA levelord].

[/ QUOTE ]On behalf of my inner daemon, I'd like to say that Commies speak Russian and the Commies will communicate orally in Russian.

"Go, go, go!" is overplayed, overdone - lumped in a cesspool with teen angst music. I expect new and original radio commands such as "Stop my ass is on fire!" By the way, I'm curious to know whether Ritual did record a genuine Russian speaker or someone with a phony accent like Harrison Ford in K-19: The Widowmaker.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
Mr.CleaN
Level Designer

To the best of my knowledge the foreign language stuff is going to be done by a professional translation/sound studio.
Mr.CleaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
MadOnion
Fanatic

During an illusion in which I waded through streams of piss, a revelation was sent down from the heavens and struck me in the ass like a bolt of hot lightning. Back to reality.... I lie soaked on a musty carpet -- dazed and confused -- stammering with my last breath, "It'd be cool to hear localized radio commands in Counter-Strike multiplayer maps. Perhaps the recordings could be integrated in multiplayer as a bonus for owners of Condition Zero." Picture a terrorist speaking Arabic (sorry about the stereotype) and an elite GIGN soldier speaking French. It would certainly add to the realism sought by so many bloodthirsty armchair killers.

Upon further reflection, this would require too much work and many changes made to CS multiplayer, which isn't in the hands of Ritual anyhow. Although I am sure Valve is working closely with Ritual on Condition Zero and would seriously consider any suggestions made on the multiplayer aspect.

In CS multiplayer, let's say the player is allowed to choose 1 of 8 character types (models) on any given map. This allows for diversified teams with members from different countries that can speak different languages. A Russian terrorist sending radio commands in Russian to an Arabic teammate would not make much sense (sort of like how my posts don't make a whole lot of sense). For my idea to work, teams would have to be locked down in certain scenarios. For example, American soldiers vs. Arab Terrorists in de_dust. This presents another problem with everyone on the same team having the same skin and making multiplayer seem a bit dull. To counter this, add multiple skins for the same character type and have different ranks based on player performance. So the player with the most kills would get a captain outfit that designates he is a leader and players with a pathetic number of kills would get the standard uniforms that indicate their n00b skill level. But making this change would send CS in the direction of Team Fortress with its class-based system. Anyway, I'm done rambling... back to work.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:54 AM   #6
Castle
Level Designer

Mr Clean pretty much covered this topic though I have to admit MadOnions post was very entertaining.

You remind me of myself 3 years ago on the quake 3 world forums when I one time ranted for a month strait about [censored] I dont even remember anymore.
LOL
Oh yeah it was the team arena terrain or something like that.
Oh well...
It was the “I lie soaked on a musty carpet” remark that brought me back to the good old days. God I was like 19 or 20 years old. Feels like an eternity now! That was back in the day when the R speed count should never have gone over 10k triangles and most people stuck around 5k if they wanted to keep the map playable on the standard system. [censored] man on Tiki engine the triangles with passes count sometimes gets up to 40k before the frame rate starts to be effected. EF2 might not have the greatest screen shots but holy [censored] when you see it in action.
Oh well.
Hey MadOnion if your gonna rant do it in style and say more funny [censored] like that! If I had it all to do again I would have done it all the same…. Well .. except for ONE THING.. I never expected that I would be meeting these people in person… ROFL
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote