Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
happy_cravings
Casual

Default Condition Zero Missions IT OUT!!!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.ritualistic.com//forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1042946573happy_cravings">

Terrorists Missions
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />God Dammit, Gimme the T missions aswell
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Meh...
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />It will NEVER happen [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Sorry to sound like a dick for saying this but why are there only missions for Counter-Terrorists [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , where have the bad ass Ts gone [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Isn't Counter Strike based with Counter-Terrorists AND Terrorists aswell?
Maybe Ritual and Valve and shove in that large amount of extra effort plus time and plz consumers with something huge! like when we purchase Condition Zero there will be one CD for CT missions and another CD for T missions.(But I kinda know this new shite about T missions will never happen [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] as Valve and Ritual will have to work hard out if they wanna get that done...lazy bums [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) But c'mon adding T missions has got to be a good idea...

Gimme your vote and your opinion PLEASE [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

that badass in the backround could be me [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
-----------------------------------------
&lt;RiTuAl&gt;&lt;U CAN DO IT !&gt;
-----------------------------------------
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:30 AM   #2
Castle
Level Designer

Default Re: Condition Zero Missions IT OUT!!!

Urmm

Dont you think that allowing to play as a T would kind of bring in the type of bad press that would well. Get our houses burned down and kicked out of the country?
Im only half kidding about this one too thats what really makes it funny.... Now im not sure exactly why the choice to not play as a T in single player was made by the people in charge... Im just assuming that they didnt want to be dragged out into the streets...
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:54 AM   #3
warrior
Fanboy

Yeah, no terrorist stuff now.

Man I can just see the headlines. 'First Grand Theft Auto teachs you to be a hitman for organized crime, now a new game developed by Ritual lets you be a terrorist and Kill heretics and Jews.'

Yeah, I'm with Castle on this one... keep it all CT.

warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 02:30 AM   #4
PoOKiE
Rookie

I think its the fear of people not approving that makes a lot of games today fail. I mean look at the GTA series. It blew up huge because they put it out how they wanted and didnt have people limit what and who you could kill, mame, run over, blow up, and ghost ride dirtbikes into [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Its that total freedom and reality that attracts people (me at least) to the game. In what reality would you as a terrorist not be able to run up and shoot whatever civilian he wanted? Games are to do whatever you want and when you want cause you cant do it in real life. I always hated the Need for Speed series cause you cant even go a few feet off the track without an invisible barrier throwing you back on... If i swerve off the road i wanna hit friggin trees and small animals, not some dumb invisible wall!

Anyways, the government would be truly stupid if they tried to ban things like this. Whats the difference if a CT went and cut some guys head up and blood was everywhere than when a T does it? Why didnt they take SOF2 of the shelves instantly? Dont you think they should be more concerned about how you can sit at a dead body and chop everypart of its limbs off while blood is squirting on your face than what you look like in a ski mask and white snow cammo?

Those are my thoughts....

-PooKiE-
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 04:03 AM   #5
Castle
Level Designer

Well it’s a little different when in a time of war I think. I mean people are going to be going out to some other country and fighting a ground battle eventually if not already. It’s very common for free speech to go bye bye during a time of war.

Though there are a few things about this whole situation that kind of bugs me. I mean I know it might even sound like a good idea to name real terrorist groups or even base missions off real events. However on second thought that could be a bad idea. Personally I would rather not piss any one off if I can get away with it. I can picture the headlines now

“Game spot rates Ritual entertainment the first and only company that turned up missing on a mid Monday morning after shipping a game that said bad things about a well known group of pissed off Russian guys” In fine print underneath it exclaims “Boy that was dumb!”

The article goes on to say that they found part of one of the employees however he appeared to have no comments.

I can picture the Ritual web site saying things like “Since one of our texture artist didn’t escape the blast last Thursday we are currently searching for a really tough guy who make textures. Experience in Wacom tablets photo shop and hand to hand combat is a plus!”

One of the new guys shows up to replace one of our level designers who claimed to have heard the loud clang noise however failed to get his gas mask on before it was too late. We say things like you gotta role with the punches around here however we mean while in the back of a taxi cab racing into a tall building filled with explosives. We get to hear those ever so soothing sayings like when president bush claims “Those guys are really pissing them off!”

It’s a pretty bad sign when airplanes begin to rain yellow packets of food and bombs on Dallas. Its like Raman noodles except in two packets instead of one. Maybe we can fart ourselves to death while hiding from red beams O death poking in and out of open windows. Yeah sure I can live the lie that is “Its ok as long as we can consider it FUN GAME PLAY”

Thank you for your advice because we all know rather than pissing off the American government we pissed off a group of Canadians armed with blunder busts and bear rugs that claim to be very agitated at us.

And who knows maybe in the end I can enjoy the fruits of my new life after I change my name and move to a small island where the money isn’t quite as valuable as a pile of fish.
And speaking a pile of fish I’m pretty sure some one out there knows how to make a bomb out of a good sized pile of shark meat. This is how I know how I’m going to die. Killed by an exploding pile of shark meat strapped to some Arab dude running into a hut fashioned from clam shells and wood from trees.
So don’t you see WHY it’s a bad idea to piss people off?
Old 01-19-2003, 11:54 AM   #6
PoOKiE
Rookie

WHAAAAT??? Hahaha you guys smokin somethin over there? I never said to insult the terrorists or name names of terrorists groups, I just dont see any reason in not letting people play as terrorists unless of course you make them look like Osama Bin Laden. So, I'm sayin the opposite, give the terrorists(in the game) some credit....i dont think the real life terrorists would care if we did that. Being able to play as Terrorist would be just like playing with bots on the current CS and I dont see people having a problem with that. T's guard hosties and plant bombs, and CTs rescue or defuse...same way its always been.

And if I had a pile of shark meat I'd make some shark hide shoes first, and then maybe a nice amored jacket cause isnt shark skin real strong? It would really help in those close combat knife fights....

Oh yeah, that brings up the question..... are you guys still gonna have the action that the players see do something different in 1st person view? I always thought it was funny how you can stab your fist at someone and they see you just swipe your hand back and forth. Both knife stabs are the same, haha. If you guys make some super modified knife sounds it just wouldnt be the same either......I gotta hear that *swish* sound when I start out otherwise the whole round is messed up... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #7
Castle
Level Designer

Aside from the fact that I had no real point in that last thread other than to make you think im smokin something id say that if we make a game where you play as a terrorist you will piss off soo many people because as you say "give them credit" would easily get us kicked out of the country!

Personaly id rather not even go there. Its one thing to make a game where the player can choose to go around killing inocent people like GTA... its another thing entirely to make a mission where you the player have no choice but to blow up the local mall to play the game.... Anyway im pretty done with explaining this one man. If you dont believe me take my word for it then.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:22 AM   #8
PoOKiE
Rookie

Oh, i believe you but you were sayin the opposite of what i meant. I didnt mean give the real terrorist credit either. I mean in the game, cause playing as a T is half the fun of CS. So basically the single player game will be half as fun [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] But seriously, I understand all whats goin on now and its not a huge deal but it is kind of disapointing cause if September 11th never happend then it would have been a no-brainer. I hate how most of the country doesnt notice problems till it bites them in the butt(or crashes planes into buildings). Osama Bin Laden had a giant reward out for his head even before 9/11 and no one seemed to care.... Our cars pollute so much and we have so much waste compared to other countries and no one seems to care...... Our corporations invade other nations and steal their culture and no one cares.... So, basically I'm saying no one cares about all the other things that make other countries and some terrorists hate us and no one does anything or seems to care until something big happens. In another 5years the cycle will start all over again until another thing big happens and people say oh yeah I forgot, we gotta get those terrorists.

Anyways, I'm sure Condition Zero will be awesome but it is kind of sad that we cant do stuff as Ts. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 06:19 AM   #9
The Analog Kid
Fanboy

Someone will mod it in I'm sure. That way Ritual takes no responsiblity for it.
The Analog Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 02:04 PM   #10
happy_cravings
Casual

Well...ritual if u aren't going to make the Terrorists missions then do u guys think u can make a program where all the great CS fans out there can make there own missions using the program. I got the idea from the game Never Winter Nights, where ppl can make there own fantasy story(missions) up and put it on the net for others to download and try out.By using this idea and a program...god dammit...the Condition Zero single player fun will never stop [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:24 PM   #11
Castle
Level Designer

One of the things you will be able to do for sure is make new levels and it wouldnt be that tough to make a T mission with out creating a mod either.
WE just wont be doing any terrorist missions but you guys can do what ever you want.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #12
The_Squeeze
Casual

I am curious and I forgot to mention this in my prior posts but on the new maps will you be able to look at your screen and tell what area your are in. For instance if I am playing T on de_inferno, and I am in say the right hallway going to the bombsite. I can instantly look at the screen and tell someone I am in the "West Corridor" (made up name) and then everyone that hears me knows exactly where I am at. Without having to think about it. I know Gearbox was working on doing this but do not know if it carried over. Anyway would definitely be a nice thing to have. Do not know how many of you have played the new half life mod, natural-selection, but they have labeled every area of the map and have it show up on the hud. With each area having a different name.So you can ask or tell anyone on the map where you are, and they know exactly where thats at without wasting time explaining where you are located. Goes a long way into improving communications.

Thanks
The_Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #13
Castle
Level Designer

Personaly, I really love that feature.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #14
The_Squeeze
Casual

Yes, very nice feature thats why I hope you guys add it.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2003, 09:39 PM   #15
Castle
Level Designer

Well I know that I like the feature but I dont know what valve has in mind. chances are if its not in 1.6 it might not ever show up.

We will just have to wait and see what happens
Old 01-30-2003, 10:43 AM   #16
The_Squeeze
Casual

Well if you guys can do it. Would definitely try to get it in. Was obviously being used before.

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/i...Condition+Zero

And those are just a few. Hope it gets implemented.

[img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #17
Mr.CleaN
Level Designer

The location technique you are describing here can be compared to the Quake3 TDM info_loc entity (it basically reports which the player is closest to at any given moment). Here is the problem with location entities... the engine has to track which zones can see which players and broadcast it to every other player (possibly every server frame). Now in a Q3 4 on 4 match, that's not usually too bad, but if there are too many of those entities it starts to lag. Add to that the larger player volume in CS games (often 12-16 players total) and you are talking about a severe impact on the broadcast packets. While it's a neat feature, it's probably not the best thing for a game that's mostly played online with large numbers of players.
Mr.CleaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 01:01 PM   #18
The_Squeeze
Casual

Hi Mr. Clean,

I do not know if you have seen this mod yet or not, but if you have not, check it out, its been out for almost a half a year now, and is a lot of fun to play. Also a lot of players are crossing over it to it from CS. Its based on the half life engine as well and is a half mod to boot like CS. Its called Natural Selection and there are a lot of servers that play it now, at the same player amounts as most CS servers. It too also uses the map feature we are talking about.

www.natural-selection.org
Old 01-31-2003, 04:34 PM   #19
Mr.CleaN
Level Designer

I am aware that there are games and mods out there that use it successfully. I was simply bringing to light one of the problems that can arise in the use of these types of entities. It's all dependent on how they are implemented in code and how it relates to the networking code.
I can't tell you one way or the other as to whether or not it will be implemented for CS.
Mr.CleaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #20
The_Squeeze
Casual

Well if you guys can pull it off please do. Obviously it can be done in the code (as evidenced by the prior pictures.) I can tell you right now. You would all be able to use it as a nice selling point to buy the game if you implement it.

[img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #21
Castle
Level Designer

I don’t know for sure what valve has in mind with just about anything in the new version of cs. Mr Clean is correct in that it potentially could impact connection speeds though I do feel if it was done correctly it wouldn’t be that large of an impact. However he is correct that there will be at least some kind of an impact.
However this question is more in Valves ball park to answer than for us.
The only thing we could do is ask them what they think.
Keep in mind we already have thought about these things fairly thoroughly. Like I said before all we can do is wait and see what happens.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:57 AM   #22
The_Squeeze
Casual

Aye, understood. Figured you guys would go over that with them.

[img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2003, 03:28 PM   #23
MadOnion
Fanatic

personally i'd love to see missions in which your role is a terrorist. i can think of fun missions like blowing up the white house and training in the desert. c&amp;c generals allowed you to play as terrorists and it added to the realism. not everyone wants to be a modern day hero. when i grow up, i want to be a terrorist.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote