Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 03-15-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
bacdoliljo

Default Ritual Audio Effects

Hey, very sweet job on the weapon models. I was wondering if Ritual is going to upgrade the audio effects (weapons, player, sound effects) to more vivid and bright sounds that resemble the real-life counterpart of the weapon or sound-effect. The current CS sounds are a bit on the flat side. I think having crisp audio effects would make it a lot more enjoyable to play and immerse the player into the action. There's nothing like the sound of bullits whipping past your head and the ricochets tripping you out as they well, ricochet all around you. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
bacdoliljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: Ritual Audio Effects

I believe Ritual is upgrading the sound effects to 16 bit, which should greatly improve audio quality. I'm pretty sure that at least the single player mode will feature more vivid environmental sounds to immerse players more than the CS environments currently do.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
MadOnion
Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...environmental sounds to immerse players more than the CS environments currently do.

[/ QUOTE ]That isn't saying much about the current multiplayer maps. Any ambient atmosphere that exists in them is drowned out by the sound of gunfire, explosions and footsteps.

I do look forward to the higher quality sound effects. Will sounds be copied from a library or re-recorded?
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 12:11 AM   #4
zoso
Experienced

many of the news sounds are in the game build that we test up here at ritual and i must say that our sound guy, zak belica, who works deligentally on both ef2 and cz has created some spectacular new sounds for the game.

i hope (and believe) the game will be absolutely impressive for all who play.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:06 PM   #5
MadOnion
Fanatic

Zak always delivers, he's done great work in SiN and F.A.K.K.≤. Creating sound effects and music for two games at once must be a real challenge. Hopefully he won't mix up the two.

I'll have to listen closely for new sounds in the CZ vids. Zee German, badman, should request a few samples. That'd be a nice change - being able to hear the game. An exclusive video for Ritualistic is the next step up. With a sound effect, I'd load it up and browse through the screenshots gallery. The rat-tat-tat-tat of distant gunfire in the background definitely adds to the realism of the images.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:17 AM   #6
Castle
Level Designer

The new gun sounds are bad ass imho
Zak is the man!

When I play CS with the new weapon models and sound itís awesome. At one point some one asked me to put the old models and sounds back for some reason. And I said NO YOU SHUT UP FOOL!
Hehe
Ok Iím just kidding I didnít say that.
Iím not ever going back to the old stuff ever though.
I donít feel that im alone on that here at the offices. I donít know, id be surprised if anyone doesnít want the new models if given the choice over the old stuff. *shrugs*

Oh by the way its 2:14 and I been working like crazy so dont mind me if im going nuts again.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:25 AM   #7
The_Squeeze
Casual

Hey Castle,

Did Zak correct the difference in sound distances between sound cards that plagues the current half life engine?
The_Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #8
bacdoliljo

Will there be some sort of enviornmental effects; eg. louder when firing in a room, slight echo when firing outdoors, etc. I'm really looking forward to the release! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
bacdoliljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:50 PM   #9
Castle
Level Designer

Hey The Sequeeze
Waazzz uuppp!

Because of the nature of CZ being all single player based that bug was never discussed mainly due to the fact that it wouldnít affect the game play at all for condition zero single player.
Iím not sure exactly what allows players to hear farther with some sound cards set to 3d sound (or what ever) but I donít believe that it is caused by the sound files themselves. I think itís more of a driver or code issue. I could be wrong though. That bug is in Valves ball park not ours so I couldnít safely tell you what will happen to that bug.
In a way I hope the new sounds donít actually fix the bug because that would mean people with old sounds would have that advantage over everybody else. That would suck too.

bacdoliljo
Half life always had a built in way to add special sound filters to environments. This allows for sounds inside a room to be different from outside. Its pretty cool actually.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote