Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-02-2003, 04:44 PM   #1
DisCiPLe

Default Designers! Hand signals

Hey guys,

I saw the grenade animation with the hand, why not with radio commands?
Adding an hand signal would make it really nice, much nicer then a stupid green "!" above the head like in cs :P.

Suggestion:
As we see in Counter-Strike 1.5.. 1.6 etc. and also in the trailers from cs-cz.. The first person model views ain't having any clothes on! Maybe it would be nice to give the 1st persoon look have the same skin as the 3d person view

Thank you for reading

Update: My friend has also a qeustion about the console command "fov". In quake 3 it is a really usefull feature but in cs it is an ogc cheat.
We where wondering wheter this feature will be available in cscz or cs 1.6/1.7.
DisCiPLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: Designers! Hand signals

the hands and arms are a generalization of all the characters in cs and czero it is not meant to be any specific character. since the player--in cs--can choose between any character they wish. if we did specifics then you're looking at more than 8 different hand models being compiled on 40 view models. i say 8 and more because it would be one hand model for each type of ct and then all of the terrorist models.

in my opinion it's too much for work too little of a reward.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 05:11 PM   #3
DisCiPLe

what about the radio-command hand-signal animation idea ?
Old 04-03-2003, 06:27 AM   #4
GunSm0k3
Experienced

has been done in in DOD, but! DOD has no radio, you can yell normal commands, or you can do the same with hand commands. meaning you will hear what the other team yells.

In CS you hav a radio, you talk wich the enemy doesn't hear at all. So if the handsignals are included the normal radio commands should be hearable by the enemy when he's close enough.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
zoso
Experienced

in dod not every hand uses every single weapon. each hand only uses a set of weapons based on his class.

i.e.
rifleman-
garand
colt
grenade
knife

and it's pretty much like that across the board for dod... i know i played it for almost 2 years straight. plus when you're talking about the allied side the hands don't change from class to class (from what i can remember) because the uniform is the same for each. like i said in my opinion more than 8 different hands for 40 different weapons is not worth the effort.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #6
zoso
Experienced

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

I saw the grenade animation with the hand, why not with radio commands?
Adding an hand signal would make it really nice, much nicer then a stupid green "!" above the head like in cs :P.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a good idea that would best be suited in a different game more on the lines of americas army or operation flashpoint. hand signals in the first person view would take away for the speed and quickness that is counter-strike. most matches last less than 3 minutes. if hand signals were add for each radio command you used that would require lowering the weapon doing the hand signal then raising the weapon each and everytime you used a command. that would greatly change the game as everyone knows it. it's just not feasible for counter-strike and will not be implemented into czero single player.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #7
MadOnion
Fanatic

I only know of one universal hand signal that should be added and it ain't the peace sign. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #8
Torpedo
Experienced

Yeah, that added a whole new dimension to Quake II [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #9
Morphine

Well why not only in 3th person then? It would give the game more realism... Not everything in counter-strike is real [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Example: If I switch to my silencer.. 3th view wont show it.. if i try a grenade (the same... well that's fixed in cs-cz as seen on the pics :P)
Morphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 11:42 AM   #10
DisCiPLe

Indeed, only radio-hand-signals in 3rd view, it would be very nice. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 12:36 AM   #11
MachineX
Experienced

You have a good idea for both, but hes right its to much work. It would probably be the coolest thing ever, but the hand models are good the way they are. I do, however love the radio idea, come on! Hand signals that is the coolest [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]....Well maybe in patches for cz or whatever but i like that idea, but since the others have a point about the hand signals..... I suggest an option for it to be on or off..... Well even if its not in pa <font color="red"> </font color> tch or whatever, it would'nt change my thoughts for CZ [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote