Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 03-16-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default CZ Bots

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
"We're adding a bot to Counter-Strike that will allow human players and teams to fill a server for practice rounds or compensate for a lack of human participants," explains Johnson. "This is useful for playing through multiplayer maps offline, but has nothing to do with the single-player experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

- To play against the bots, will the multiplayer maps be included on the Condition Zero CD?

- Does the CZ engine support HL mods such as TFC and DoD? In other words, will a CZ owner be able to install multiplayer mods that were written for Half-Life.

- This brings up another q - what mods (if any) will be bundled with CZ? An exclusive teaser vid of HL2 might help to boost sales. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry about asking so many questions. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:27 AM   #2
Castle
Level Designer

Default Re: CZ Bots

Hey MadOnion

I donít personally know what the status of the bots will be down the road or what will be bundled with CZ.
But I can tell you that CZ should have no problems supporting other mods like TFC or DoD. CZ may be stand alone but itís still sort of a mod in itself. (Itís a bit of an understatement to call it a mod or a total conversion though because the amount of work thatís gone into it on just about every front)

Your welcome to ask as many questions as you like. Ill just toss a disco bang if things get too crazy for me to handle. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
fazCz8
Regular

how many players will be allowed in the playing agaist bots thing?Do u still buy guns and stuff?Can u pick to let the bots be hard or easy?
fazCz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 02:37 PM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

The multiplayer side of things will go largely untouched, so you will still be able to buy guns. I imagine the recommended maximum number of players will be 32, including bots.

Not sure about difficulty settings; perhaps somebody could carify?
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 06:38 PM   #5
MadOnion
Fanatic

The bots fight along side you as teammates and against you as terrorists in single-player. The bots fight on either side in multiplayer. They will respond to basic radio commands.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:48 AM   #6
The_Squeeze
Casual

I am curious as to how they will work in multi. Will they do their own thing? I find it interesting on how it will be handled if they follow radio commands when you might have 10 different people trying to give them radio commands.
The_Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 08:17 AM   #7
MadOnion
Fanatic

"Bots respond to radio commands issued through an onscreen VGUI; no word on bots responding to radio commands in multiplayer." I clipped this from Ritualistic's news.

I think Ritual employees are busy pouring their lives into finishing a great product. Probably why they haven't posted here recently, unless I scared them all away. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #8
Castle
Level Designer

LOL

MadOnion.. You went from some dude posting about strafe jumping in CZ to our PR guy or something..
Sometimes I suspect that you are in secret one some one who works in the company now.
Well sometimes anyway.

Sorry guys but I might not be able to talk about the bot so its going to look like I have stopped visiting the forums. Iím still around though and I am reading everything.
So dont think that I dont care about your questions ect.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:58 AM   #9
GunSm0k3
Experienced

Who's scripting the btw anyway?

I've heard a long time ago that the dude that made PODbot was hired by valve.

anyway podbot is good but PLbot is much better that OLO dude sure knows he's scripting. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #10
MadOnion
Fanatic

Gearbox was working with the author of POD-bot.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:29 AM   #11
MadOnion
Fanatic

Gearbox was involved with guys like Dave Johnston and the POD-bot author from the CS community. I believe Ritual took a different approach and developed the game internally.