Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-11-2003, 02:39 PM   #1
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default CSX Rumor

Counter-Strike on Xbox
"This rumor is more established than the Quake Trilogy mentioned above. This rumor has actually been around for a while now, but I'm not allowed to officially make any additional statememts. Just know this: you will feel loved. Perhaps this product will stem from the recently-announced partnership between Activision and Valve... if so, PLEASE ADD MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]"
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Scarcrux
News Editor, Ritualistic

Send a message via ICQ to Scarcrux Send a message via AIM to Scarcrux Send a message via MSN to Scarcrux Send a message via Yahoo to Scarcrux Send a message via Skype™ to Scarcrux
Default Re: CSX Rumor

MS bigwigs have pretty much confirmed CSX is coming down the pipeline for gamers.
Scarcrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:44 PM   #3
MadOnion
Fanatic

Yeah, MS employees suck at keeping secrets. I read Condition Zero is being ported to the Xbox and is slated for release this fall.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #4
kanaeda
Veteran

don't count on it. I might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure MS cleared that up by saying they will *not* be adding keyboard and mouse support to the XBOX. This would have been back around the time that Unreal Championship was getting close to release... of course, I very well could be mistaken. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 08:54 PM   #5
MadOnion
Fanatic

True. Microsoft has no plans to add keyboard and mouse support. Neither input device belongs in a living room and Microsoft wants the Xbox perceived as a game console, not a PC.

In HL:CS, accuracy is crucial to inflict damage on the enemy. I'm curious to see how CSX handles the loss of precision that comes with using a controller.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:14 PM   #6
Skaarj

FPS ported to the Xbox may never feel natural to PC gamers. You really have to forget about the mouse/keyboard and learn how to frag effeciently with a controller.
Skaarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:29 PM   #7
MadOnion
Fanatic

I think the console controllers do an adequate job. Developers are constantly innovating, eventually they'll get the formula down right, and consoles will have the best FPS interface.

Keyboards and mice weren't designed specifically for gaming. They take up much more space than controllers, aren't ergonomic and belong on desks only. Speech will always be faster than typing, rendering the keyboard useless, and you'll communicate with teammates by using the headset included with Xbox Live Starter Kits.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:01 PM   #8
mFu
Experienced

no way dawg. you cant play cs withotu a mouse and keyboard. it aint possible. you cant release cs to the xbox without adding mouse and keyboard support. i wont buy it and nobody else is going to buy it. what the [censored] is the point of porting the game. most xbox owners own a pc. they got no reason to play cs on the xbox with a shitty controller.
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 02:24 AM   #9
MadOnion
Fanatic

An Xbox USB keyboard adapter will be available for free with a S&H charge of $6.95. Unfortunately, the adapter "is for use exclusively with Phantasy Star Online."
Old 04-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #10
BrushBaron
Level Designer

There is an article in the April 2003 issue of Game Developer Magazine called "The Console Experience" that talks about how controller issues in Jedi Knight II was handled on the GameCube and XBox. A lot of the things they talked about could easily be applied to CounterStrike: Condition Zero for any console.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 03:16 PM   #11
MadOnion
Fanatic

Congrats on the new job! You must've really impressed the suits with your ability to satisfy their manly needs. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 12:57 AM   #12
Castle
Level Designer

hmm
what kind of a response was that? lol
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 10:06 PM   #13
MadOnion
Fanatic

Just poking fun at Reid. The internship opened some doors and I'm glad Ritual had the good sense to bring him aboard.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #14
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Thank you good sir! I am quite excited to be sure... I leave this weekend. *GULP*
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote