Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
will1990_11
Regular

Default make this objective for the multiplayer!

i think it would be awsome if there was an objective where the counter teerrorists are supposed to protect the bomb and detonator and the terrorists have to fight thourgh the cts to make it to the parts and when the collect them take them to base and they bomb set it up to bomb a building or some other structer. (kinda like in cs exept that its more complicated) that would b cool
will1990_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Torpedo
Experienced

Default Re: make this objective for the multiplayer!

Changing multiplayer dynamics is kinda off-limits for the Ritual guys, zoso said: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
here's the way it is.

ritual makes cz based on the cs universe.

valve made and still has complete control of cs. control which was not given to ritual.

all cs changes/additions whatever are because of valve not ritual. everything you see in cz is because of ritual. in essence no matter how much "ritual" wants to change stuff for cs and no matter how much the community asks us it's not going to happen because we are not in charge of the development of cs, valve is.

so once again asking us is a moot point because we do not own the liscense of cs to change and go willy nilly as we see fit. cs is valve's property and i'm flattered to think that you guys think that we have to power to change cs but alas........ we don't..

i don't mean tot crush hopes and dreams, but--like i said--that's just the way it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 07:08 PM   #3
GunSm0k3
Experienced

a paint 4 airstrike mission could be cool where your team have to paint a building until airstrike comes in.

Well, ritual could suggest things and valve could give the ok....
but if ritual would make it so you can make single missions yourself, witith a good amount of flexibility.... would be sweet.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
kanaeda
Veteran

when the tools are released there should be very little, other than the time investment, stopping people from creating any possible missions they could come up with. It's a really flexible set of tools that allow for a wide range of possiblities. If you can make it work in your head, chances are the game can make it happen if you try hard enough.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:21 PM   #5
GunSm0k3
Experienced

sweet
Old 04-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #6
MachineX
Experienced

I think it's a great idea, but valve can only make the okay, said earlier here... So, maybe that idea can be implied on the sp of CZ...... It doesnt really matter, I have hope that ritual will bring us a cool new looking CZ [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] .
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #7
will1990_11
Regular

are we gonna be able to make our own mp maps? i think the game should come with its own editor kinda like tony hawks pro skata just a real simple 1... also will we be able to make our own missoins like ctf and stuff? that would b gangsta! [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 07:56 PM   #8
Torpedo
Experienced

Plz don't take this as a flame, but are you new to the HL/CS community?
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:29 PM   #9
hearst44
Regular

Seriously those maps take long as hell to make and you have to be really smart to do that stuff.
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:47 PM   #10
will1990_11
Regular

DOG U AINT MY BOY NO MORE! o and um when i said like tony hawk i ment like just a few simple things and have a theme for it like dust or whatever and then make it so u can put boxes whereever u want ... keep things simple by not having raised ground just levle that would work! [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #11
kanaeda
Veteran

There is already a public level editing tool available from Valve called the hammer editor. You can use that to build levels for Counter-Strike already. Other tools are available (we use a custom version of the Radiant editor) but Hammer/Worldcraft is by far the most popular for HL-engine games.

All the tools you would need to build levels can be found here: http://collective.valve-erc.com

kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #12
GunSm0k3
Experienced

multiplayer mapping has become dull, everything has been done, it's hard to make something original, therefore i wan't to do CS singleplayer mapping, have a story in the map other than mapname.txt