Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-25-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
Kalabalana
Veteran

Default Pub\'s...

I read this forum everyday, hoping that eventually I will hear something about cz's release date from Valve (through ritualistic.com), of course this makes me feel like a little bitch being let on with little info, but I saw the source engine in action and that has reaffirmed my faith, and patience in waiting for Valve to post a release date for cz. But where my patience is still being tried is in reading these forums. To half of you who post - SHUT UP -. I don't know how some of the regulars (MadOnion, GunSmok3, etc.) can put up with these posters (Ritualistic staff included, but I guess you're kind of obligated to do it).

Anyways, LOOK:
1: Just about everything csx has which the pc version does not, will be to some extent added to the pc version. It will not be done by Ritual, so don't expect to hear anything from them, it will be done by independent gamers, level designers etc. for the love of the game, or because of some convenient program which rips the csx content neatly and converts it into formats compatible with the pc version.
2: CZ will be a stand alone game, meaning you do not need half-life to play it, or an existing cd key, you will be provided one with purchase.
3: Apparently nobody can stress it enough, do not suggest any multiplayer changes, it cannot be done, that area of gameplay is not under Ritual's control.
4: One guy made a comment about warez, and another person called him a thief or something. Warez is going to happen, the point now is to control how many gamers will get the warez copy of cz and to minimalize that number. A huge amount of people will be downloading this game's warez version. This poster was addressing a real problem to cz's sales, and someone shot him down. Very intuitive.
5: If you read this, and thought I was being an asshole, do not post in this forum, you are more than likely one of those people who blindly post without thinking, or reading any other posts.

I know this has all more or less been said before, but I was just so disturbed today again, for about maybe the 30th time in a row I had checked what I thought (moronically) might have been a new post with information that wasn't already available ten times over in this forum.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
Wolf8218
Veteran

Default Re: Pub\'s...

Well said, but quit whining............
just go play CS 1.5 for now
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #3
Torpedo
Experienced

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
but I saw the source engine in action and that has reaffirmed my faith, and patience in waiting for Valve to post a release date for cz.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like a nice guy, so I'm sorry I have to tell you this. CZ won't use the Source engine, just the spruced up HL-engine.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 07:50 PM   #4
MachineX
Experienced

Quit telling old news will ya almost every one knows this. No need to start a new thread for it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well here I am again..........ZZZZZzzzzz for some reason I feel like im half asleep and half awake. I should have had some caffine intake to get me going [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . Well there always tomorrow ZZZZzzzzzz. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:05 AM   #5
GunSm0k3
Experienced

On every, well almost every Forum you have such posters, There's nothing you can do about it except to sit back and have a good luagh.

Every forum should have his rules, such as double posting... and moderators should enforce these rules, this can be very hard to obtain.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #6
Kalabalana
Veteran

I know cz will not be using the source engine, but I did hear it would be using the havoc physics engine? Consequently we're to expect better ragdoll effects then ut2k3, and that sounds good, time for some realistic hs animations, I'm tired of killing people from the side or behind, and then seeing them falls backwards as if I shot him in the forehead.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:40 PM   #7
MachineX
Experienced

Yes, they are using the havok 2 physics engine (Not particle engine, I said that by mistake earlier.) The polygons in each player model can have about 5000 per model. While others use about 3000 or somthing like that. This was said at game marshals.

Quoted:
"...............create highly detailed characters with up to 5,000 polygons per character model. “Source” engine will also feature a powerhouse lightning and particle system which will allow real-time rendering of things such as dust particles and will also provide full support for amazing lightning and reflection effects. Each level will consist of amazing small details. You will see markings on the walls, scratches on the floor. The environment will have a truly life-like feel to it."
Check the whole thing out at-

http://www.gamemarshal.com/gamecente...php?&amp;id=39
Old 05-26-2003, 04:01 PM   #8
GunSm0k3
Experienced

keep in mind the ragdoll physics are prerendered, don't expect things like uk2k3, it will basicly be much realistic than the current animations.

Or am i wrong
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #9
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

CZ is not using the Havok physics engine.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #10
rootbin
Experienced

duh.
rootbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 PM   #11
MadOnion
Fanatic

Throughout the single-player missions, you'll witness impressive physics simulations that were created for each scripted situation, particularly the deaths of terrorists. Ritual did not integrate a real-time physics engine, although some of the ragdoll effects do look as good as those found in UT2K3.

Ritual actually recreated a scene in 3ds max, ran a physics plug-in (possibly reactor, a dynamic plug-in powered by Havok technology) and then exported the necessary data back into the game. This process provided many realistic physics simulations that do not take a lot of processing power.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:56 PM   #12
MachineX
Experienced

Yes, I know, I was talking about hl2 not CZ. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 12:06 AM   #13
Kalabalana
Veteran

*CrUsHeD* I was under the impression there would be a physics engine in cz, guess you couldn't really implement it based on the target audience's cpu specs eh?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:33 AM   #14
MadOnion
Fanatic

That's one of many reasons why Ritual did not integrate Havok's physics engine.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote