Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-28-2003, 04:27 PM   #1
dark
Casual

Default Great, another cz delay...

By the looks of it cz is not coming out june. This is retarded release the game already. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 04:40 PM   #2
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default Re: Great, another cz delay...

Valve didn't announce an official release date because they usually miss their own deadlines, like most game developers. Valve didn't meet the May 2003 target. So what? The game has been pushed back only a few WEEKS (not another year) to June.

CZ is undergoing the final stages of testing before the long-awaited release. You won't have to wait much longer...
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
Lithium
Experienced

Yes, please release the game in its unfinished state to give people more things to bitch about... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry just had to throw a little sucker punch in there. Game delays are done for reasons and usually those reasons are serious enough. Developers do not want to delay release dates, so there is really no use complaining about it. I am sure if you are unhappy with the release date, the developers are 10x as unpleased as you are.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 05:58 PM   #4
Soyoman
Rookie

Actually, it really is a rather big deal to some of us, since you've had an extra year to re-develop it, you'd think it'd be done by now. I've been patiently waiting since August last year (the first delay), but I find my patients being sorely tested right now. I agree with the poster of this topic, it's time to stop screwing around and just release it. It's never going to be Raven-Shield or Doom3 or HL2, so stop tinkering and just release it.

What you people obviously don't realize is that the longer you delay, the less interest there is going to be when CZ is finally realeased. Then, it will have been a big waste of time and money, on your behalf.

So when people who have already purchased a copy start complaining about the delay, don't go off on them, it's your own fault. And they have every right to complain because it's their money that lines your pockets. Same with those who have every intension of buying this product, eventually it's their money that makes your pay check.

PS: If you don't know shit about when a product is going to be finished, don't spread idiotic rumours of release dates. When it's done then release it, don't go spouting off that it's coming soon, when it'll take another frickin' year to complete.
Soyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 06:04 PM   #5
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

The thing is, most of the game was started over from scratch when Ritual took over development in August. That said, it's very close to being finished. It won't be much longer..
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #6
dark
Casual

*claps soyoman actually gets it. This game is running on an engine 5 years old, already developed i might add, and cz has been in production for years. When Doom 3 and HL 2 come out, condition zero wont stand a chance on the market if its released at the same time. The developers keep saying, " its almost done, just wait..." a hundred times. I and other gamers are sick and tired of waiting for this game to come out i dont have forever. if this game isnt released by june heres one less customer Ritual will have from now on. Just release the game its D-O-N-E.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Yeah, it's been done for months. Ritual just likes to keep all the boxes for themselves because they look so pretty.
</sarcasm>
Old 05-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #8
dark
Casual

ok badman, you can wait until your 50 for a "finished" copy of Condition Zero. The xbox port was shown at E3 for christ sake. the pc game content is completed they are just tweaking shit and wasting time.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #9
badman
Sheep Inspector

They are fixing bugs and polishing the game.

CSX is far from being done. What was shown at E3 was a single demo level, nothing more.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:24 PM   #10
kanaeda
Veteran

first off, we all respect and appreciate your interest in the game we've been giving up our lives to make. it really does help to know that people out there are just as excited and anxious to see this game finished as we are.

and now to clear a few things up...

counter-strike was being shown on the xbox. two levels. multiplayer counter-strike only. no single-player content was shown. condition zero is 100% all new single-player content, with some new material for counter-strike, which, again, was not shown at E3 on the Xbox, only on the PC. At the time of the show the single-player game was approx 98% complete - which is pretty damn close to done. that was a couple weeks ago.

as badman said, we are squashing the last of the bugs and polishing every last bit we can. Considering the game was started over in August, here we are 10 months later with a damn near finished game; yeah, less than a year of development time. I don't know what kind of schedules you think we work with, but that's really an impressive feat and I'm proud to be working with such a talented, dedicated, and motivated group of guys. A couple more weeks is no time at all when you're finishing up a game. trust me, it will be here before you realize it.

so, relax. sit back. play a little counter-strike. the end is oh so close... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #11
Ice_Commando
Experienced

It's been this long, I don't see a few more weeks killing anyone. Btw, I'm real appreciate of what you guys at ritual have done, i'm really surprised at how fast development went seeing as you made a whole new game.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but it looks like www.cs-conditionzero.com has been updated. The new models look great.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 10:17 PM   #12
Torpedo
Experienced

w00t! The website is finally up!
Now I can allow myself to get excited all over again [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:45 PM   #13
Automator
Veteran

THE WEB SITE IS UP......
wow, the us navy seal looks nice
the militia looks cool.....
i hope the leet is a joke
(pause)
seriously its a joke right?
whatever they look good enough for me
soon and very soon....
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 11:57 PM   #14
zoso
Experienced

for cs the leet and militia models will flip with one another..

the leet in that picture will be the militia and vice versa..

we have a different head for the leet as well... he's got cool shades..

mainly we looked at our models for the leet and realized (for cs anyway) that it was too far of a conversion for people to accept the new version. the militia model was the newest and closest version that we had to easily change into the new leet model. so that's the way it'll be by the time we ship with the new game (for counter-strike).
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:00 AM   #15
hearst44
Regular

whats so bad with the leet?
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:14 AM   #16
BrushBaron
Level Designer

I also want to point out that we all realize this game doesn't compare to the next generation gaming titles (HL2, DOOM3). What we don't have in graphical wonder, we make up for in intense gameplay and a very detailed world (gun models, world textures). We are making sure that every little detail is PERFECT in this game. Heck, I just got a bug report that a characters head was turned to far around making her do the exorcist head turn. It's this attention to detail that we are finalizing right now and will enable us to bring you an immersive gaming experience. A few more weeks will be WELL worth it.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:34 AM   #17
Automator
Veteran

Im glad your switching the militia for leet in cs (mp). I think that wont get as much criticism (if any).

And i agree on the doom 3 hl2 comment. The post made about how CS:CZ wont stand a chance if released at the same time as D3 and HL2 was made by a narrow minded individual. I dont think anyone would agree that most people are playing cs over medal of honor, rtcw, or ut2003 because of graphics.

Now, BrushBaron, when you said a few more weeks did you mean:
a. the few weeks spent after when it was on rituals schedule to go gold sometime in may
b. the past few weeks of bug killing and playtesting ritual has put in
c. the next few weeks that ritual will be spending working on the game

P.S. Dont say c (reply....just dont say c)
Old 05-29-2003, 05:08 AM   #18
dark
Casual

In response to Automator,
Ok, number 1, if u knew anything about how the game market works you'd know what im talking about. Number 2, personal attacks on a forum are just immature. I never knocked on you so please keep your opinions of me to yourself.
Doom 3 and HL 2 got the biggest showings at E3 because of their ever so advanced graphics engines and expectations for great storylines. Yes, graphics arent everything and that showed with the rather dissappointing SOF2. It had very nice graphics, but boring gameplay. I do think Condition Zero will be fun to play ( if it comes out) but I think there should be a nice balance in both visuals and plot/ action. Right now, CS is really wobbling on its last leg. It has been a fun game and very addictive, buts lets face it - the engine is getting very old. Its a mixture of the original quake engine and q2. Doom was the greatest thing since sliced bread when it came out, but the fanbase it has today has dwindled simply because its ancient technology. When Counter-strike 2 comes out, what do u think will be played the original or the new one.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:33 AM   #19
Automator
Veteran

this is begging for a response.
I apologize for knocking on you. I can see you know more than your previous post let on. However, I stick to my arguement. If CZ were to come out at the same time as Doom 3 and Half Life 2 I think it wouldn't matter. You have to look at who will pick up this game. Yes, an avid pc gamer cant wait for doom 3 and hl2. But I think everyone playing cs wants condition zero. Its in the same category, but it's not in competition. It's already sold because the cs community knows what to expect.
I disagree that cs is wobbling on its last leg. And I dont think its fate is that your doom theory. Valve is going to ride this counter-strike franchise. You said it yourself, everyone will be playing counter-strike2. Now its semi-face lift CZ is coming and many will flock. I know how the game market works and i know what your talking about. I only disagree.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:20 PM   #20
Kalabalana
Veteran

Don't use demos as an example of a games completion. Game developers like valve have not released any demos, and they do not like to. The cz port csx is a bit different because it is for the xbox, and I believe (not entirely sure) that xbox has demo cds kind of like the ps had? So, a playable demo may be forced for the x-box version, where as no demo at all is going to be forced for the pc version.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:29 PM   #21
Wolf8218
Veteran

YA YA keep saying there are bugs......
thats bullcrap
it should have been out by now
i mean your not even using a new source engine!!! its the same old half life engine with mods......jeez
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 04:01 PM   #22
mFu
Experienced

Who'd be happier if Valve announced that CZ is switching to the Source engine and as a result the game won't be out until 2005?
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #23
rootbin
Experienced

stfu wolf.

have you ever done any programming before?
rootbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 08:01 PM   #24
MachineX
Experienced

Calm down! I have been waiting for CZ since they first started! Now ritual must make the 10% completion, or your get bugs, glitches, etc. Now I have gotten really mad but, I calmed down. Now look if they say 10%, then the game needs to be worked on till there is no 10% to be finished (100% =D.). So therefore keep your cool, just don't come in here trying to start a fight. Since they got the site up, I have hope again! =D, Ritual is my favorite developer, WOOHOO! Wait, a week or so then play CZ, done. Nothing more to be said thats all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sould see bruce almight already......... Hmmm tomorrow...... [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 08:31 PM   #25
MadOnion
Fanatic

10% to go? I would say the game is 99% complete and the remaining 1% is the QA process. This is much easier to swallow.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote