Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 06-02-2003, 01:44 AM   #1
bacdoliljo

Default In regards to CS 1.6

since the release of CZ might not be this month after all and it might be in september according to csnation... will this be effecting the release of CS 1.6 non steam version? i know all these delays and all are for the good of the game but i think it's pretty messed up to say it's gonna be out soon when it's not. it brings the hype up but then it gets delayed.. multiple times which kills the hype and the anticipation. i believe many are contracting the apathy bug on this game and it's release date now.. cs needs something new like what 1.6 has to offer. at least this way, players can satisfy their fragging needs until cz finally arrives. (hopefully before hl2) i hope that one doesn't get postponed for a few years. well, keep up the good work on trying to improve the game for us players, just don't ruin it by killing our hopes for an expected release.
bacdoliljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:18 AM   #2
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default Re: In regards to CS 1.6

Right off the bat, I know there's a better chance of a Trekkie losing virginity than CZ getting released in September. There's a 50/50 chance that another Valve title (Half-Life 2), the sequel to the best-selling PC shooter of all-time, will be released in September. The Xbox port of CS should be out around the same time, give or take a few months.

Many retailers have wrongly estimated the release date of CZ, misleading some consumers to believe the game won't be released until September or later. It doesn't help that the publisher (Vivendi/Sierra), which isn't involved in development of the game, has included a release target of "Q3 2003" in press releases. Each retailer of PC games seems to have made up an ultraconservative release date based on vague info from the publisher.

As for Valve, the co-developer of CZ, they held up the multiplayer component for a while and just recently posted a new release target: Summer 2003. Obviously, Ritual is busy making changes as CZ goes through the QA process. My new prediction is for CZ to go gold in June and for the game to finally hit shelves by the end of July, hopefully as early as the week of June 24, 2003 (Elite Force 2 release date).

In response to your question about CS 1.6, Valve still has plans for the upcoming HL and CS client updates to coincide with CZ going gold. Keep visiting Ritualistic, CS-Nation and other gaming sites for the latest word on an official release date.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 04:10 PM   #3
bacdoliljo

thanks for clearing it up.
bacdoliljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #4
MachineX
Experienced

Yo can't judge that just because of CZ's length of development. CZ has taken so long, due to other developers working on it. So hl2 has not changed developers, so there is a 99.99% chance it will come out sept. 30th, if you watch the video they only have to redo sounds, tweek it up, and fix the crowbar. Then, most likely they will be ready..............
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:59 PM   #5
rootbin
Experienced

hahaha the crowbar animation is awful where it stands
rootbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 06:48 PM   #6
mFu
Experienced

99.9%? Bullshit. HL2 will be released on September 30th and DNF (another game with only 1 developer) will be released this year. Or not. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

It was already announced that DNF won't be coming out this year. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
mFu
Experienced

I know. I should've included <sarcasm> tags.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:49 AM   #9
Kalabalana
Veteran

hmmmm, I don't know if I'm going to buy cz now - my demand peaked around early may, and since then has been going down, lately, I haven't felt that obligation to buy the game that I developed after so much cs playtime. These empty problems have really screwed me up. You might say that no promise has been made about the release date so I shouldn't be upset, and if you believe that, sit down and think about it. It'll come to you, lol unless of course you're an utter moron.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:18 PM   #10
mFu
Experienced

Patience, young Padawan.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:48 PM   #11
kevin442
Fanboy

whast DNF
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #12
mFu
Experienced

Duke Nukem? Fuhgetaboutit.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:28 PM   #13
Kalabalana
Veteran

what's a padawan? is that a star wars word? are you going to have an avatar soon where you will be flying a tie fighter?
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #14
mFu
Experienced

Yes, a TIE fighter crashing into your slum.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:20 PM   #15
MachineX
Experienced

I'm not bullshiting you my friend; I want to now though [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote