Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 06-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #1
Kewk
Regular

Default Spoilers

Please remember to note any spoilers that you might type in any threads. In the Subject header would be most helpful.

Also I will try to lend a hand here and there but will not give out any spoilers at all. I would much rather everyone figures it out for themselves, as it will create a much better gaming experience. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Kewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Superrobster
Addict

Default Re: Spoilers

Good advice!

I suggest that every thread which contains spoilers has the title BEGIN with "[Spoilers]", just so that everybody knows. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
Superrobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:15 PM   #3
CMcQ
Experienced

Yeah, I would really appreciate that.
CMcQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:08 PM   #4
Harry Lang
Veteran

might be good to post this in the general forum. people are going to talk about it there. At least here people should know that by coming in to a Single Player forum, there are going to be spoilers!
Harry Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
Phil
Veteran

I posted it in general...

Also, I love your EA avatar! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

(except for BF1942-which has tech problems with most sound cards-EA hasn't released a game I really liked in a while. The Sims was cool, but the expansions are getting soooo daft.)
________
Love2Swing

Last edited by Phil : 08-22-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:12 PM   #6
Danne
Veteran

Good advice
Danne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #7
Rac0r
Regular

I've just finished the SP. It's really awesome...... the final level is hard but also great.

Very n1 Ritual
Rac0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:20 PM   #8
kAmALA
Levelord Groupie

racor: post some screen shots
kAmALA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:25 PM   #9
MadOnion
Fanatic

<ul type="square">[*] How long did it take to complete the game?[*]Did you unlock any of the hidden levels?[*]What difficulty setting?[*]Cheat codes?[/list]
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:18 AM   #10
Rac0r
Regular

It took me 8 hours to complete the game since I somewhat rushed through it for I had to write a review. So I had no time for the hidden levels but I will play it again on the weekend an then try to unlock 'em. Difficulty was second highest (there are four of them) - dunno what it was called. And no - I did not use cheatcodes. Would have taken the fun out of it and especially the final level.

I'll go screenshootin' a bit after lunch.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:28 AM   #11
Rac0r
Regular

Ok, you can find the screenshots here:

to the screenshots

The screens are hosted by efextreme.com.
Old 06-19-2003, 01:21 PM   #12
Harry Lang
Veteran

you must have seriously rushed through the game to do it that fast! did you skip all the cinematics too? Does the fact that you rushed through the game to complete it affect your review?
Old 06-19-2003, 01:56 PM   #13
Rac0r
Regular

No, I didn't skip any of the cinematics. Well, the 5th time the Enterprise was going to explode when I hadn't found out that you can destroy the incoming torpedos hat the pulse canon scene, I skipped the fireworks ;&gt;. I also took time wandering around the ship and enjoying it. There's no effect on the review I assure you. Since I played the demo about 30 times I knew how to deal with the opponents, so I went through the action rather fast.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:11 AM   #14
elmagoo
Experienced

That time does not sound correct. I assure you, the cinematics alone are just over 2 hours worth of time (not including the pre-rendered intro). So you're saying that you got through the gameplay of the entire game in 6 hours??? Richard (Charon) did a test and ran through the game on God mode skipping all of the cinematics, blindly ignoring all enemies and only killing the ones he had to to progress, and THAT took something like 3 hours (on decent hardware mind you, not a low-spec system). Oh yeah, and I think he was on Timescale as well for some parts (meaning playing the game at 2x speed). Charon, what was the results of that and how were you playing it??

There is just no way that I can see (and I'm sure Activsiion's beta testers can atest to this as well) to go through EF2 in 8 hours, watching ALL of the cinematics, actually taking time to explore the areas, and having to repeat gameplay and not using the cheat codes. The only potential way would be if you set the game on easy skill and you're a VERY good player (meaning you should be playing on hard). Badman said it took him about 15 hours to go through the game, and that's also given the fact that he's had a chance to play it several times before fully going through it (plus looking over our shoulders and seeing certain puzzles while they were in development, etc...). That sounds like almost the equivalent of EF2 done quick [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
elmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 03:22 AM   #15
Harry Lang
Veteran

my typical time was 15-20 hours, not skipping any cinematics, on normal difficulty, and cheating here and there. And I would still finish the game at times not finding all the secrets.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:16 AM   #16
Rac0r
Regular

All I can say that I started @ 8 pm on Wednesday and finished the game by 4:07 am on Thursday............