Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 06-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #1
simonc30
Rookie

Default USS Dallas Engine Room-HELP!!!!!

Hi-I'm in Main Engineering on the USS Dallas-I am at the main console trying to configure conduits or something that will let me open the door to let my team through but, no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out which way round all the conduits have to be and everything when I get my tricorder to interface with the main console. Can someone please help me?
simonc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
Assim
Fanatic

Default Re: USS Dallas Engine Room-HELP!!!!!

Blue to blue.
Yellow to yellow. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
BP_2010
Experienced

and make sure that you are not routing the power through one of the red crosses as this creates a short-circuit and you fail the task
BP_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:23 PM   #4
elmagoo
Experienced

A good, simple strategy for the routing puzzles is to work your way backwards from the destination points along the right edge of the screen. Also, look for all the glowing red short circuit areas. If you can, turn any piece that routes a signal into the short circuit, so it will route the signal away. Doing these two things usually will get you the puzzle solved easily [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
elmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 05:19 AM   #5
simonc30
Rookie

Thanks guys-I'm finding them a lot easier now
simonc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 06:23 AM   #6
Luke80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Luke80

Well done! Cadet
Luke80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 09:33 PM   #7
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Location: On the USS Enterprise, with frequent hug trips on Telsia!

Quote:
Originally posted by simonc30:
Hi-I'm in Main Engineering on the USS Dallas-I am at the main console trying to configure conduits or something that will let me open the door to let my team through but, no matter how hard I try, I can't figure out which way round all the conduits have to be and everything when I get my tricorder to interface with the main console. Can someone please help me?
I'm glad I am here to help with your problem. Anyhoo, I shall provide you with a small portion of my future walkthrough on the USS Dallas level section:

After discovering that the first entrance to the main engineering is locked, Franklin will advise that you go through the Service door to your right and go down the Jefferies tube.

<<<<<{Secret#1}>>>>& gt;

Before going down, open the top door in the sealing under the Jefferies Tube area to receive a Golden Starship.

Now go down the Tube and follow around to find an open Jefferies Tube. You eventually get yet another mysterious siting again. Then in the small room that lead you out of the Jefferies Tube, go climb up the ladder to an open hatch to reach the top.

<<<<<{Secret#2}>>>>& gt;

Get out your Tricorder and switch it Structural Integerity to find that the Service door behind you is weak. Destroy it to find another Golden Starship!

Now go all the away to the small hallway on the right, go through another Lounge(I bet the Dallas crew love to take breaks from their work. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), and to the hallway. You'll see that the Main Engineering door on your side is open, but once you go over there, you'll get ambushed by creatures known as the Lurkers(if you scanned one of them with your Tricorder, you'll know what these creatures are called). Get out the Phaser to kill them off.

Now, go head to the Main Engineering Room and once you go up to the still locked door that your teammates are there, they'll get attacked by those Lurkers(and there just a few that are ethier very hard kill or invulnerable to your teammates, shame shame.)

Jurot(freaked out): "Munro, get us in there!"

Franklin: "Use your Tricorder on the Main Engineering console."

<<<<<{Secret#3}>>>>& gt;

Quickly go to the small Warp Core area and go up to either ladder on either side and go there to find another Golden Starship! Now, immediately to back into the Main Engineering Room and go save your teammates!

Get out your Tricorder and use it on the Main Engineering console like Franklin told you to do.

It's not so difficult, just move the pipe that's connected to the short circuit in the center left, and disconnect the pipe in the bottom left center by moving one of the single straight pipes to not connect to anything. Now just move the single straight pipe in the right center that's also connected to the same short circuit in the very center. Finally, you can now connect the pipes for the Blue and Yellow connections, and your done.

Once your teammates come into the Main Engineering room, a cutscene will startup. Munro will answer Captain Picard that they have partial power in the USS Dallas and eventually, Picard will then give Munro an objective to go to the Bridge and find Captain Galloway.

Note: If you didn't get the last secret in the small Warp Core area, you'll notice that a blue forcefield has blocked out the entrance to it, meaning you'll never be able to get it unless you reload a saved game(or use the "noclip" cheat code). Sorry.

Now, just head through the door that you used to come into the Main Engineering and go to the Turbolift.

USS Dallas Computer: "Turbolift offline."

Since you can't use the Turbolift yet, Franklin will show you a Service area. With this, just go all the way down by ladder of course, and press the "use" key to open a small panel. Simply take out your Tricorder and re-route power to the Turbolift.

USS Dallas Computer: "Turbolift online."

Now that your done, just come back up the ladder and out the Service door to the Turbolift, and press a button there.

The cutscene will show all of the teammates going in the Turbolift too, thus this section of the level ends.

There you go simon, something to help you out in the USS Dallas Main Engineering room, with some extra walkthrough stuff. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
MunroOfEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #8
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Oops always forgot, in the Main Engineering Room on the console when you have to use your Tricorder, your gonna want to turn one of the straight pipes in the left so that it's not connecting. Now that your done, the Blue and Yellow pipes will seperately be connected.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #9
MunroOfEnterprise
Rookie

Darn, stupid double post.