Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 06-30-2003, 11:09 PM   #1
Zer0
Fanatic

Default CS Cheaters

I haven't really been following anything to do with CS:CZ so sorry if this has been asked a million times already.

What changes have been made to prevent all the cheaters who play CS right now from cheating in CS:CZ? All recent multiplayer games have been very weak on stopping cheats (from what I've heard and read). Only takes a few hours for a skilled hack writter to make a functional aimbot. I know I won't be playing CS:CZ if there isn't anything done about cheats.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
Automator
Veteran

Default Re: CS Cheaters

CZ's multiplayer will be just like cs (aside from graphic improvements) and it will all be controlled by valve. However, cz's release will be at the same time as cs 1.6. If you havent noticed, all past cs updates have haulted mainstream hacking for at least a month. Hopefully, when hl2 comes out steam will come.
just incase: Steam is a method of purchasing then downloading games and constant updates to the valve products you own. Steam is supposed to put a big dent in hacking (possibly eliminate) because it will constantly update counter-strike. It has been said by Valve employees that you will be able to purchase hl2 via Steam on release (Sept. 30). Ofcourse Valve employees have been optomistic about releases in the past.
Now plainly, CZ and CS will go hack free for a limited time after release. What you need to look out for is Steam's release if your that parinoid of hackers.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:49 AM   #3
Zer0
Fanatic

The current attempts to stop cheating only work against stupid people cheaters. I've seen no let down at all in cheating.
Steam could help cut down on cheaters though. That is of course only effective until the cheaters have their own auto updating cheats. Unfortunately I don't think Valve can stop the cheaters. Determined cheaters will always find a way. Valve is only in it for the money anyway and they don't seem to care much what happens.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:20 AM   #4
Automator
Veteran

Your right, Valve hasn't shown any interest in the community. They just made a game in 98 and let people do what they will with it. They don't really care about what happens with half life which is why thay haven't been updating it or coming up with a new system to manage the game differently and stop cheaters. Have you payed attention to any other developing company. It is because Valve has shown so much interest and helped the community that they are doing so well financially.
Also I have no idea what an auto updating cheat would be. I think you dont really understand how hacks work and why updates have affected them so much. But to address your concern, maybe determined cheaters will always find a way, but if Steam can kill mainstream hacking it would be a success. I think that with the percentage of hackers today, the majority of them couldn't code to save their lives.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
Kalabalana
Veteran

people complain too much about hackers in counter-strike. the truth is, that there isn't nearly an eigth as many as most people think. the anti-cheat systems currently do a very good job. if you think the current security system is in lack, your 'hackers' are more than likely half-decent cs players.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 07:17 AM   #6
GunSm0k3
Experienced

you wouldn't know how many, It's not the first time a well respected, very good skilled players from a very good clan, like say 2nd on the local ladders turns out to be a cheater.

If you wan't to cheat, you can find hacks that are immune to any anti-cheat around by just using google.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 03:16 PM   #7
Kalabalana
Veteran

that's true enough, but I mean finding hackers in public servers. Oh well, I just get frustrated with people being too quick to call someone a cheater.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:31 PM   #8
GunSm0k3
Experienced

that"'s also true, it's a good habbit to mute poeple, the mute tool is the most usefull in CS.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:08 PM   #9
Kalabalana
Veteran

In other games, you can shut people up by owning them, not cs though. Mute tool is so important.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:35 PM   #10
Zer0
Fanatic

Have you heard the saying that sounds something like the following?

Wenn man in UT 5 Leute killt heißt es "Monsterkill",
in Quake 3 "Excellent"...und in Counter-Strike..."kicked by Console"...

When you can play a game of Counter-Strike, get your ass kicked, and be able to think to yourself, "man these guys are good" instead of "headshot through the box...no [censored] way he could see me...must have been hack," then I will say Valve is doing a good job stopping cheaters.