Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 06-25-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
Goku

Default Big gun - Enterprise Hull

Maybe it is me but I am on the hull of the Enterprise E. I have the big gun - however whatever i try - i always get defeated and i can not disable the other ship - Once i did disable but that did not end it - the other little ships kept attacking and finished me

Plz any tips on how to get by this
Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: Big gun - Enterprise Hull

You can shoot down the incoming projectiles. Ignore the figher crafts and concentrate on eliminating incoming torpedoes and disabling the capital ship instead.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
Goku

Ok one other thing i have got the capital ship down but to diasable i don't when i have got close i destroy it - i can never disable
Old 06-25-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
Assim
Fanatic

When it flies over for the first time, shoot the highlighted bit at the front with the secondary fire until it blows up.
Then, shoot the highlight bits when it flys to the side. The bit you're supposed to be shooting is the rib-like bit that is highlighted. Just shoot these regions with the primary fire and you should be able to destroy it pretty easily. Remember to shoot down the orange torpedoes first, because they do a lot of damage.
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #5
Goku

Thanx for all the help - I got it done first time after reading the comments.

Thanx alot [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 01:08 AM   #6
corbomite

Hey I am having trouble. The big gun doesnt seem to have very much range of motion. i cant bring the gun above the horizon of the ship. Is anyone else experiencing this! I cna take out any torpedos or get a good shot on the ship because there appears to be something wrong with the gun. Help.
corbomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:53 AM   #7
edmunch

The restricted movement of the gun happened to me the first couple of times I played this section but then seemed to come right after retrying from a previous save.
edmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:02 PM   #8
Robbiesan
Veteran

happened to me as well.. just reload and it should work..
Robbiesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:24 AM   #9
Blacksmith1
Veteran

And if I can't hit the broadside of a Space station with it? then how do I get past a level that isn't what I bought the game for?
After 20 som odd tries i can blow up the nose section but I can't stop enough shots (and the ones that get past throw off your aim) to save the ship long enough to disable the POS! AAAAAAAGH! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

HELP!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Blacksmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:37 AM   #10
Miracle
Regular

i find that the torpedos are most effective at taking down the target areas, just lead them a little and it will only take 1 or 2 good volleys. treat all incoming fire as high priority and learn to anticipate where and when the cap-ship will appear, you can sometime get two torp volleys into one pass. dont worry about destroying the smaller ships, just their torpedos.
as for stopping the incoming fire, you know that every ship will lauch on a fly-by so just use primary to take them down from a distance.
i guess if you really really could never do it you could probably directly load the next level through the console.
Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #11
Frankie
Casual

Quote:
The restricted movement of the gun happened to me the first couple of times I played this section but then seemed to come right after retrying from a previous save.
I did this mission I don't know how many times and I STILL couldn't get the gun to move all the way around. It stopped about halfway to the left and to the right.

By the way, the person who came up with this idea for a mission should be thrown out the nearest airlock. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Between this and those stinking jumping puzzles, the ones with the dissapearing tiles, I've cussed more in one weekened than I have in whole life. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:22 PM   #12
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

The turret isn't supposed to move all the way around.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:31 PM   #13
Frankie
Casual

Quote:
The turret isn't supposed to move all the way around.
Ah.... that clears things up, although it would make it a little eaiser if it COULD turn all the way around. That way you could track it all the way around. One more thing, I'm guessing the only missles that are fired are within the arc that you can shoot so you can shoot them down?
Old 07-02-2003, 07:16 PM   #14
Miracle
Regular

yes, they are. i can see it now on the enemy ship

"captain, they have managed to bring a pea shooter on line in a limited arc below their ship"
"hmmmm, we should make repeated strafing runs through that arc while exposing our most vulnerable areas to fire"
"but sir, dont you think it might be better to fire at them from.... outside their field of fire"
"NO.... no... thats just what they want us to do, they must think me a fool if they expect me to maintain a considerable tactical advantage, take us into range"
"yes sir"
"oh, and while your at it, be sure to send across schematics of our ship to enterpise so they know where to target, and paint those areas bright pink too just in case"
"uhhhh, were out of pink paint sir"
"nuts, what about yellow"
"used up the last of it yesterday"
"may god have mercy on us all"
Miracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:11 PM   #15
Blacksmith1
Veteran

that's priceless.
I agree about the pea shooter. 5 passes(max) and I'm done for, and at best i get them about half way.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:58 PM   #16
Frankie
Casual

Quote:
yes, they are. i can see it now on the enemy ship

"captain, they have managed to bring a pea shooter on line in a limited arc below their ship"
"hmmmm, we should make repeated strafing runs through that arc while exposing our most vulnerable areas to fire"
"but sir, dont you think it might be better to fire at them from.... outside their field of fire"
"NO.... no... thats just what they want us to do, they must think me a fool if they expect me to maintain a considerable tactical advantage, take us into range"
"yes sir"
"oh, and while your at it, be sure to send across schematics of our ship to enterpise so they know where to target, and paint those areas bright pink too just in case"
"uhhhh, were out of pink paint sir"
"nuts, what about yellow"
"used up the last of it yesterday"
"may god have mercy on us all"
ROFL!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's good. I still say someone needs to be tossed out an airlock for creating that mission. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #17
Peacewiz
Casual

the gun should have been able to rotate 360 degrees, that would have made it alot more fun.

The orange projectiles cause much more damage then the blue projectiles.
Peacewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:33 PM   #18
Emma

I agree. This section of the game could have been much more exciting. Perhaps even having to fly a shuttle (preferably he Delta Flyer) to achieve it?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:39 PM   #19
Denarre
Rookie

Man. Sounds like a level to use the God cheat just so you can quickly get out of the inane grind. I haven't gotten to this level yet, but it sure sounds.....oh so fun.

Denarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:01 AM   #20
Blacksmith1
Veteran

if I cheat on this level will it afect the rest of my game? i used a cheat once in warcraft II and got the rank of CHEATER!! at the end of the level. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 06:52 AM   #21
Blacksmith1
Veteran

tried to edit time ran out.
I used the god cheat and it gives me the ability to alt fire all I want. It may even protect me.

It does not protect the Enterprize.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I can't get past this level. I'm gonna be really pissed if I spent $50 on this thing and I get stopped by a gallery shoot in an FPS game. I can use stratigey to get araond My lack of skill in the rest of the game. this seems to require more hand/eye coordination than I possess. and I'm about sick of barcley telling me I'm getting my A$$ handed to me.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 06:57 AM   #22
Peacewiz
Casual

You can shoot the incoming projectiles. That way the Enterprise won't get hit. Don't worry about the small shuttles, just concentrate on the big ship and the incoming projectiles.

Do not destroy the big ship, as your mission will fail by doing so. Just shoot it untill it is almost out of "health".
Peacewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 09:28 AM   #23
Blacksmith1
Veteran

I would if I could survive that long [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] .... I hate this level [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 01:32 PM   #24
Robbiesan
Veteran

do not shoot the ship's health down or you will lose..

your main targets are the orange torps fired by the cap ship.. always shoot these as they do much damage..

secondary targets are the purple torps.. they don't do a lot of damage by themselves but enough of them will destroy the Enterprise..

when the Cap ship comes around shoot just below or behind the red target.. when the ship flashes orange you are hitting the target.. when it flashes blue you are damaging it's hull (bad)..

the small ships are destroyed fairly quickly by keeping the crosshairs directly over the target..
Robbiesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:48 PM   #25
Blacksmith1
Veteran

if I take one down, is it gone for good, or will it respawn?