Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II

Old 07-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
HALON_SERIES9

Default Ideas for the update

Well first off, hello everyone, i am the new guy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hope this thread will be used to sumerize ideas for the update and not whining and overly long discussions/bashing of other members.

I dont think many server options will be annoying for everyone, people tend to find the servers they like the most and stick with them.

List of additional options for the server:
-increasing and decreasing weapons refire rate and projectile velocity
-weapon choice, the ability to remove any weapon from the server. Having fights with just phaser, con rifle, assult rifle and maybe sniper rifle, sounds like fun to me.
-movement controls, increase and decrease
-ability to remove power ups (not sure if that is already possible)
-ability to remove the zoom-break for the sniper rifle
-ability to only allow points from flag captures in CTF

A lot of people have talked about increasing movement speed, I think its ok as it is, but i would't mind haveing the default speed changed to the current infiltrator-speed (it's very nice)

As for the refire rate, well i only think the sniper rifles should be decrease, to 1,5 or 2 sec. The way I see it, if you can shoot more often than that even the not so good sharp shooters will be to dangerous (me included). I picture myself saying - ups missed, bah so what i'll get a new shot in 1 sec, the poor bastard won't be able to kill me before I have atleast fired 5 shoots (estimate, but you get the idea). I think the same senario could be implied for the QB-torpedo launcher, mainly because it is a powrful weapon just like the sniper. if these to weapons re-fire to fast, the advanteges of the games "weaker" but really fast shooting weapons (like the Arc Launcher and Enhanced Phaser Compression Rifle) will be decreased, I dont think that a good idea.

I personally think the QB-launcher only needs projectiles with greater velocity to rock, if the player movement speed gets boostet, then the velocity should be even further increased.

For those thant dont like the CTF point system ???, well i just dont see the problem, frag counts dont mean anything in a battle with max score of 500-1000 = 5-10 flags (100 points pr flag). I rescently played a game with max 1000 points, our team had 750 points, the other team 53, we won because we where good at getting those flags, the other team eventually got to flags before we won. think of it this way with 5 players on each team, a team would have to score 200 frags pr player to win on frags alone, dont see anyone wanting to use that much time on a single battle.

Botom line, the way I see it, more ingame server options won't hurt anyone, so why not make an update with them?

HALON_SERIES9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 07:06 PM   #2
HALON_SERIES9

Default Re: Ideas for the update

well maybe the I-mod could use a little boost to the re-fire rate, just like the sniper. I would say a re-fire rate lower than the disruptor, but faster than it is now.

sorry just a little addition to my own arguments, wich will be unimportent with more server option = everyone will/should be happy with that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
Cerberus
Experienced

Try to capture the flag in a camping map, playing against people with good reflexes.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 05:52 AM   #4
HALON_SERIES9

true if the other team is totally defencive and you are playing on a camping map, then scores from frag in a CTF is bad.
Personally I would't play on a camping map if I could awoid it, and if I played on any CTF map with the other team only being defencive, and not even go for the flag, I would leave the server.
However some people see's it a bit diffrent, hence more server options, like only flags scores points and removal of camper weapons.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #5
Islander
Veteran

Quote:
Try to capture the flag in a camping map, playing against people with good reflexes.
Was that different in EF1 ???
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:31 PM   #6
Cerberus
Experienced

The difference is in EF1 the camping team wouldn't win, cause they don't cap. One cap of your team would be enough to win, and that would be already difficult to get, because they are camping.
If I am correct you get more than 1 point for returning the flag, so what would be easier to win than have the enenmy run the entire way to your base grab your flag and you just sit and wait and kill him as soon as he has the flag.
If you think this sounds strange than I would remind you of a map in which that would be a perfect strategy: ctf_and1.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:48 PM   #7
Islander
Veteran

So what? It was already stated that the scoring issue in CTF would be fixed with the patch. What is the point of these posts?
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:49 PM   #8
Cerberus
Experienced

I was replying to the first post