Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 07-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Weird?

Why hasnt Ritual post anything in the last like 4 days. They usually at least post at least one thing a day on their main page. I think something big is going down!!!
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
hearst44
Regular

Default Re: Weird?

Lol all we can do is dream and wait
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
Automator
Veteran

this is ritualistic...not ritual.
if they dont post anything it means nothing new is happening.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
this is ritualistic...not ritual.
if they dont post anything it means nothing new is happening.
Or something is happening but they won't admit it. Or they're all out getting drunk and hitting on various Texan women.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Automator
Veteran

i really dont think so. im not really looking for info here as much spending more time at steam forums. got to talk about cz with erik johnson and he denied it being done already. whatever enjoying the first hl2 movie on steam....i suggest you do the same, steam has been holding me over till cz, now that its public you should get it too.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
kanaeda
Veteran

I wouldn't say he denied that it was finished as nobody ever announced that it was (I haven't seen any press releases or 'gone gold' announcements), more like he confirmed that it isn't done yet. Having a fully playable, content complete game does not mean it's done and ready to ship out to shelves.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:54 PM   #7
dark
Casual

10 bucks says condtion zero is ready to go gold and 1.6 bugs are holding it back. Either that, or condition zero is a myth orchestrated by valve and ritual to keep people's hopes up and buy other products of theirs.
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:01 AM   #8
kanaeda
Veteran

uh... sorry. no. speculate all you want. that's not the case.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:04 AM   #9
dark
Casual

How much did they pay you to deny it?

Valve: " Alright Ritual, we know the game's ready to ship but hey, why dont we make them beg some more and then deny the product is finished."
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 04:45 AM   #10
d4rksuN
Veteran

Pure evil... pure evil indeed.
d4rksuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:08 AM   #11
Automator
Veteran

i asked erik because of all the speculation over here that we are waiting for 1.6. i quoted brush baron's post about how ritual wanted it to be released weeks ago for better sales in europe but it was out of rituals control to erik and he said it isnt done yet.
I'm dying for a fully playable, content complete cz. now that your postng, may i ask what is going on in development at this moment? its the general speculation by the fan posters here that ritual is working on csx and waiting for the go-ahead from valve and/or publishers.

Also, not to get anyones hopes up but im pretty excited about cz coming soon. Gabes quote i posted showed that they dont want it to slip anymore and 1.6 is getting closer and closer. The public release of steam has gone real well with only slight bugs still existing. Looking like august is definite.
And another thing, i was wondering if you guys would buy cz over steam. just wondering really. I myself: if i pay money i want the cd and box/manual in my hands. however a couple things look good about it: I can get it without leaving my house and very quickly start playing; it will most likely be cheaper due to lost expences of making cds and printing boxes/manuals and distributing the product; and you can download it on any computer after purchasing it just by logging into steam with your account. Valve may have a great idea for developers, cutting out the middle man could possibly make them some good profit.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:23 AM   #12
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Ok, I'm not going to post anymore about anything because my words always get misinterpreted. I'm new to the industry but that is what always happens I am finding. Lesson learned.

Your quoting what I said was me saying that we wanted to reach a certain release date for Europe but missed it. I never said the game was done and ready to be shipped, just that we wanted to have it done by that European deadline and it didn't happen for various reasons.

As for CZ, just be patient.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #13
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
As for CZ, just be patient.
We've waited years, I think we can handle a few months. lol
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #14
Ice_Commando
Experienced

If CZ is available over steam when it comes out, I will be getting it. After hearing Erik Johnson explain how it works I don't think it's such a bad idea. Anyways, it beats going to different stores waiting for their shipments to come in.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 06:55 PM   #15
Automator
Veteran

ok.....hold on
Brush Baron....i misworded what i was trying to do. I was defending that ritual wasn't done with cz in that thread. And then you posted what you said. And most people started posting that ok its done and we are waiting for 1.6.
I was trying to get conformation from another source that this isn't true because i obviously wasn't getting it here.
Jesus i cant say what im trying to:
Automator: I really dont think we're waiting for 1.6 because the publisher would have had cz out by now for sure. Their on the same page as most you guys: get the game out asap before hl2, halo, and doom3.
Brush Baron: We actually wanted the game out a few weeks ago because it would have meant greater sales figures in Europe. However, that was out of Ritual's control unfortunately

now right after your post others started saying "So 1.6 is causing the hold up? That's too bad" and such in other threads also, "well you heard what brushbaron told us in my other topic. That 1.6 may be what's keeping cz from shelves, and that the actual go ahead for release is beyond rituals control".
I wasn't sure what to think but if you thought you were misinterpreted you should have posted again. ("out of rituals control" dosn't interpret well to "we missed it" so you really need to post post post)

Please please post. I in no way tryed to tarnish your name and didn't even use it in my reply to erik johnson. I wanted his response to inform others here.
I didn't want everyone here saying its 1.6, cz is done, if that wasnt true. I still really dont know whats going on which is why you have to post more. I meant no harm and your posts are greatly appreciated. I apologize for any personal stress this may have put you through.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #16
Torpedo
Experienced

Quote:
Ok, I'm not going to post anymore about anything because my words always get misinterpreted.
Hey, stop being so vague in your statements and you wont have that problem. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote