Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 07-17-2003, 01:49 AM   #1
Mebdg
Casual

Default Too bad we dont get Bat\'Leth on Borg Mission!

Have you noticed the way Janeway kills the Borg drone with a Bat'Leth in the ep 'Unimatrix Zero'? She basically does 2 primary fires, then one secondry. It would have been cool to imitate that exact maneuver on a Borg.
Mebdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
Uss_Defiant
Casual

Default Re: Too bad we dont get Bat\'Leth on Borg Mission!

You can cheat to get it.. but it still wont help you

The borg can still "adapt" to the bathleth after a while.
Uss_Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 09:38 AM   #3
Mebdg
Casual

Yeah i'll definitely do that, but it still might have been a good idea to put in the normal gameplay.
Why should the Borg be able to adapt to it? I thought they could only adapt to energy weapons, but not weapons that do physical damage themselves. Remember when Picard shot the Borg with a machine gun in First Contact...
Old 07-19-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
Superrobster
Addict

Quote:
Yeah i'll definitely do that, but it still might have been a good idea to put in the normal gameplay.
Why should the Borg be able to adapt to it? I thought they could only adapt to energy weapons, but not weapons that do physical damage themselves. Remember when Picard shot the Borg with a machine gun in First Contact...
He only shot them for a few seconds. I'm sure if he went out into the corridors and started shooting them, they'd soon adapt to it.
Superrobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Quote:
He only shot them for a few seconds. I'm sure if he went out into the corridors and started shooting them, they'd soon adapt to it.
he wouldn't be able to shoot in the corridor, the tommy gun was a holographic weapon, plus we don't know if the borg can adapt to projectile weapons
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:09 PM   #6
sasDarkApathy
Experienced

Quote:
Have you noticed the way Janeway kills the Borg drone with a Bat'Leth in the ep 'Unimatrix Zero'? She basically does 2 primary fires, then one secondry. It would have been cool to imitate that exact maneuver on a Borg.
Yea, that would be neat, though the borg should really not adapt to it, it's downright wrong if they do. I mean...it's a KNIFE!!! How could they adapt to a KNIFE?
sasDarkApathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #7
Superrobster
Addict

That's like saying that forcefields shouldn't block physical objects - but they do! It's the same principal probably.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:08 AM   #8
Dazz
Rookie

No he is 100% right borg shields can only adapt to energy weapons, machine guns and hth weapons will work on them. But this is a game and i think they didn't include this sort of thing in it hence you can't get it while fighting the borg
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:17 AM   #9
Stylsy
I'm on offense!

Send a message via MSN to Stylsy Send a message via Skype™ to Stylsy

Well if they can't adapt to projectile weapons, why don't starships carry them for Borg defense?
Stylsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:27 AM   #10
Dazz
Rookie

Because they an't very efficient and the chances are they won't be able to penitrate the hull of a borg ship.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:51 AM   #11
Superrobster
Addict

Quote:
No he is 100% right borg shields can only adapt to energy weapons, machine guns and hth weapons will work on them. But this is a game and i think they didn't include this sort of thing in it hence you can't get it while fighting the borg
If you were a race of machine striving for perfection, would you not have personal shields which can adapt to physical objects... no!

How the hell can he be 100% right when there's no proof?! The most logical answer is that they CAN adapt - because that's what the Borg do... adapt to stuff. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 08:10 AM   #12
Dazz
Rookie

Their shields absorb energy while projectile weapons and HTH weapons give off no energy. The reason being if they stop physical matter then they won't be able to interact with crew members while assimilating them.

Just something to think about [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 08:47 AM   #13
Superrobster
Addict

Thought. Disagreed.

I'm certain that the Borg would put up a forcefield but lower it if they were to come into contact with an enemy to do melee combat.

If not, they would just be succeptable to all kinds of guns etc - that's hardly perfection! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 10:28 AM   #14
Dazz
Rookie

How many people do you see come in melee combat with the Borg? As they can inject nanobots right into you faily quick, that and their natural strength is 5x greater. How many assimilated Klingons do you see? Far less then human that’s for sure yet Klingons prefer HTH to ranged combat.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:40 AM   #15
Superrobster
Addict

You don't see many Klingon Borgs because Star Trek revolves around Starfleet. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 AM   #16
Dazz
Rookie

<font color="blue">Eh i give up with this mindless we are doing [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>
Old 07-21-2003, 08:27 AM   #17
Mebdg
Casual

When you think about it, the Borg adapt to the f r e q u e n c y of an energy weapon. Mabye when their shot at more, they get closer to calculating the frequency. But when they're stabbed or shot with a projectile weapon, they have nothing to adapt. It couldn't be possible to adapt to the curve of the blade or the speed of the bullet.

But you bring up a good point with the forcefields. I can't really explain it.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #18
Dazz
Rookie

Theres 2 types of shields, energy which ships and the borg drones have whcih protect them from energy, and containment shields which block both pysical and energy.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:52 AM   #19
Mebdg
Casual

but dont normal shields block out physical objects too?
Old 07-28-2003, 06:12 PM   #20
Kazeite
Veteran

Normal StarFleet shields block out just about everything - energy, radiation, physical objects...

Borg shields, on the other hand must be selective - they can't block physical object or else drones would not be able to interact with surrounding environment (like, assimilate someone [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
That's why physical attacks can harm them.

Oh, and BTW, holographic Thompson used by Picard didn't shoot with real bullets, only with holographic ones, supplemented with forcefields acting to imitate bullet impact as best as possible (to put it simply, disabling safety subrotines will not turn holographic bullets into real ones.)

(and BTW2, as a trivia, Picard managed to fire about 150 bullets from Thompson with drumhead magazine that holds only 50 bullets. I guess he also turned on infinite ammo cheat [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
Kazeite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:54 PM   #21
sasDarkApathy
Experienced

(and BTW2, as a trivia, Picard managed to fire about 150 bullets from Thompson with drumhead magazine that holds only 50 bullets. I guess he also turned on infinite ammo cheat [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] .::LOL::. Picard is cheater [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
sasDarkApathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 09:00 PM   #22
Man_in_the_Top_Hat
Regular

Actually, the Thompson drum magazine can hold one hundred rounds.
Man_in_the_Top_Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:21 PM   #23
Kazeite
Veteran

Well, in Thompson M1928A1 ammunition feed comes from a choice of two drum magazines holding 50 or 100 rounds, or two box-magazines having capacities of 20 and 30 rounds, of .45-calibre.

Either way, Picard shot too much bullets [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 08:21 AM   #24
Mebdg
Casual

If you asked the Star Trek writers about this blooper they'll probably blame it on the Dixon Hill program, programmers.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:46 PM   #25
Kazeite
Veteran

I recall ftagment of certain 'gangster' movie... Don't know the title... Anyway, good guy was hiding under the bed, some bad guys came in (armed with Thompsons, of course) and started shooting, good guy shot bad guy in the leg (ouch), crawled from under the bed, grabbed Thompson...
and then there was a continous firefight for about five minutes, ending with good guy blowing up bad guys car.

So, I think that Picard firing merely two times more ammo that he had is really a tiny blooper [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]