Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 08-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #1
Vash
Experienced

Default News some people might like

CS 1.6 Waiting on CZ
rizzuh @ 2:21 pm pdt - cstrike pc - 1 comment - new!
Counter-Strike 1.6, which has been in Steam BETA testing since January, doesn't have a solid release date, says Jess Cliffe. Cliffe, one of the two original members of the Counter-Strike team (read about the history of CS), now works full time on a CS-related project at VALVe Software in Bellevue, Washington.

"[The release] hinges on CZ shipping," said Cliffe, the recent Virginia Tech graduate, earlier today in a short visit to #counter-strike on Gamesnet.

But who's in charge of shipping the game? Ritual Entertainment (read about the history of CS:CZ)? No, it's likely VALVe. "We've done our jobs," says Ritual animator zoso. "Whatever happens to the game now is not up to (nor will it ever be) up to ritual."

In other words, CS:CZ--as Ritual sees it--is completely done. But VALVe's CS team, led by Cliffe, is likely changing the game in small ways to make it fit more within their vision of the Counter-Strike universe.

Some proof of this switch can be found in your Steam cache, if you use the program. Head to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamCache\email@email.com\Counter-Strike\cstrike\models\player\ to see militia and spetznaz folders (click for a picture to save your lazy ass some time). Militia and Spetznaz models are new to CS:CZ.

It is not known whether Counter-Strike for Xbox (E3 preview), which is based on CS:CZ, is still in the hands of Ritual Entertainment or not.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
Vash
Experienced

Default Re: News some people might like

haha they have a lot of quotes from the forum in there 1 of mine [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
Vash
Experienced

kalabalana is reading this as i type
Old 08-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
Kalabalana
Veteran

disgusting, I already addresed all these issues weeks ago, if anything the credit is mine... Those bastards only read the recent dulled down vash style posts.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #5
Vash
Experienced

Quote:
disgusting, I already addresed all these issues weeks ago, if anything the credit is mine... Those bastards only read the recent dulled down vash style posts.
dude im quoting cs nation not u man
Old 08-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #6
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Looks like CSnation just pulled that post off, makes you wonder.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 08:00 PM   #7
kevin442
Fanboy

who cares about cs1.6 just send the game out and let the patch out when its done. it not like the only thing to do on cz is multiplayer. there is single player that i am sure every 1 wants to try out until 1.6 is released.
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:05 PM   #8
enfestid
Veteran

Eh, I don't really care... What's there to like about that? I'll get the game when it's released.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote