Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II

Old 08-17-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
KevinUK
Veteran

Default Weapon Mod v1.0 Available (Server Side only)

A new modification for Elite Force II has been released by the name of Weapon Mod. The aim of this modification is to stop the abuse of the more powerful weapons, and to fix the sniper rifle.

Head on over to the Phaser-Fire website to download it now or read the read-me first. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
KevinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:53 AM   #2
iceage
Regular

Default Re: Weapon Mod v1.0 Available (Server Side only)

the error on the mod : Quantum Burst needs more power and no reload.

Play EF1 and get the feeling
iceage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
KevinUK
Veteran

The point of the mod is to make disintigration better (it now plays like EF1) and to balance the weapons in HM, taking off the reload of one of the most powerful guns wouldnt really balance the game would it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
KevinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
Vorax
Fanboy

I like what he is doing for disi, but the Quantum is not over powered at all and he shouldn't be making it weaker. As it is now, the damage is fine, its ammo is fine, but it fires to slow. The alt fire on most other weapons are more useful then the main fire on the Q and its alt-fire is practically useless. Infact the weapons I use most in the game are the tetryon, lightning thing and shot gun. You can practically outrun the Quantum if you are a good straffe runner. I don't think this mod will catch on with changes like that to the Quantum, unless its a disi only server.
Vorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
Man_in_the_Top_Hat
Regular

Good, I cant wait to see how the sniper rifle fires.

The Quantum launcher is for noobs anyway [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Man_in_the_Top_Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:19 PM   #6
Vorax
Fanboy

Just re-read my post, I ment the projectile speed on the Quantum is wrong, not the rate of fire. Other then that, he shouldn't touch anything about the weapon. Unless someone can globally remove the reloading.
Vorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:27 PM   #7
EasyG
Experienced

u slowed the quantum down?

if anything it needed speeding up!

anyways av checked yah site loads the past 6 months i thought the phaser fire mod was supposed to be new weapons and classes and stuff liek that not just little game tweaks.

whats happeneing to the proper mod then?
EasyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
MikeC

Hi, I finally got round to signing up to these forums...

Quote:
u slowed the quantum down?

if anything it needed speeding up!
This particular mod was aimed at stopping people abusing some of the weapons, but also to fix the sniper, as many people requested it.

I've started work on a more complicated mod which will hopefully make the game feel more like the original, with the weapons *faster* than the defaults. As i've not had much time on work on it, I can't tell you how it will turn out, with what settings changed, etc, simply because I don't know yet [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Quote:
anyways av checked yah site loads the past 6 months i thought the phaser fire mod was supposed to be new weapons and classes and stuff liek that not just little game tweaks.

whats happeneing to the proper mod then?
Thanks for visiting, the more the merrier! Phaser-Fire is a huge modification, and as such requires a lot of time, effort, and above all, the SDK [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I released this mod to try and get people who disliked the default settings to play, and to show you that we are still alive at Phaser-Fire, we're just stuck on the project until we get some tools.

Mike
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:12 PM   #9
EasyG
Experienced

yeah , az just making sure this wasn't the total mod , cause the phaser fire one looks pretty cool.

i the gdk not being out is a bitch.

am hoping this friday now.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:24 AM   #10
Oreckel
Regular

EasyG, do you ever take two seconds to look and see if your posts make any sense??

Quote:
yeah , az just making sure this wasn't the total mod , cause...
Quote:
Dude... I'm not even trying anymore. I have physical headaches when I try to make sense of your posts - that's no joke.
Oreckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:56 AM   #11
SSJ3Goku
Experienced

If you want to feel what the quantum should have been like in the first place goto the S31 DangerZone EF2 server. The quantum has the fixes it needed.

btw, I believe it was GaSplat that first discovered how to do these mods and he needs to be given credit for it on the Ritualistic home page.
SSJ3Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #12
MikeC

Quote:
If you want to feel what the quantum should have been like in the first place goto the S31 DangerZone EF2 server. The quantum has the fixes it needed.
Thanks for the offer, but a number of people have already volunteered to help me with my project. Not only will they be testing my work as I go, but I've gathered some valuable information from them.

Quote:
btw, I believe it was GaSplat that first discovered how to do these mods and he needs to be given credit for it on the Ritualistic home page.
Admittedly WeaponMod was not the first mod released, I never personally claimed it was. However I've been running a modded ef2, including weapon mods for a while, before I visited these forums, and not long after the game was released. I cannot say his mod helped me unfortunately, as I had already modded things privately.

I was as surprised as everyone else to see the news post on the front page, and I agree WeaponMod isn't the first mod for EF2, but as I didn't put it there, I cannot change it.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:40 AM   #13
EasyG
Experienced

Quote:
EasyG, do you ever take two seconds to look and see if your posts make any sense??

Quote:
yeah , az just making sure this wasn't the total mod , cause...
Quote:
Dude... I'm not even trying anymore. I have physical headaches when I try to make sense of your posts - that's no joke.
don't read my posts then, they wer epretty clear as day what i said. don't whinge if u can't read what i say just don't read it.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #14
Hammer
Experienced

They are not really clear, but I can understand what you are trying to say, then again it would make it easier for most people (especially for those who don't speak English as a first language) But if you don't care if people can understand your post why post at all?
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 06:58 AM   #15
TMF_Death
Casual

I think your posts are fine, but might be kinda confusing to anyone who doesn't live in England. It's a bit annoying to see Americans whining at an English person about how he speaks English, but hey.

For any people having problems just see:
http://www.geordie.org.uk/ j/k [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
________
black Webcam

Last edited by TMF_Death : 04-11-2011 at 04:30 PM.
TMF_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #16
FragFodder
Casual

Quote:
I think your posts are fine, but might be kinda confusing to anyone who doesn't live in England.
LOL yeah it would be a nightmare for the Welsh and Scots :P

Hehe dont get pissed, I know what you mean m8 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

With this MOD out I may actually get round to reinstalling EF2. Mike you need any more Beta Testers?

FF
FragFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:06 PM   #17
Hammer
Experienced

Quote:
I It's a bit annoying to see Americans whining at an English person about how he speaks English, but hey.

Ermm it not the way he speaks English it is how he types it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:31 PM   #18
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

Quote:

Quote:
I It's a bit annoying to see Americans whining at an English person about how he speaks English, but hey.
Ermm it not the way he speaks English it is how he types it
Its the kinda way you type too. You need an IQ of 80 to understand txt language.

Quote:
Not really LOL we watch Ali G too. We know!

You know what’s really so funny, Americans complaining to Brits about speaking, spelling and typing when they really need to look at a Dictionary, you think by the way they act the invented English with there Z's for S's and lack of U's and F's for Ph's just to make spelling easier. Lazy slackers.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #19
TMF_Death
Casual

Quote:
Yeah I repeated England a lot to get across the point that English came from England and there is a native English person speaking English how English is spoken by the English people rather than the American people who supposedly speak English [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
________
Petite Webcams

Last edited by TMF_Death : 04-11-2011 at 04:30 PM.
TMF_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:55 PM   #20
MultiVaC
Regular

Yeah, heaven forbid people should speak in a way that makes more sense to them.
MultiVaC is offline   Reply With Quote