Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritualistic > News Comments

Old 09-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #1
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Elite Force II 1.10 Patch Public Beta Test

Ritual Entertainment and Activision have teamed up with Ritualistic to give you the chance to beta test the upcoming 1.10 patch for Star Trek Elite Force II. The patch contains a large number of fixes related to the multiplayer portion of Elite Force II and incorporates many suggestions made by community members in our forums.

To sign up for the patch, just fill out the form located on this page, which also contains the patch changelog. Once signed up, you will receive everything you need to participate in the beta test, including information on how to patch your game and IP addresses for a number of test servers. If you registered for our forums and provide your forum username, you will also get access to a special forum you can use to give Ritual valuable feedback on the gameplaye changes made in the patch.

There are currently several servers running the updated version of the game, but we're always looking for more to add to the list. If you are interested in hosting a server for the beta test, please email me.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:37 AM   #2
Final_Frontier
Fanboy

Default Re: Elite Force II 1.10 Patch Public Beta Test

Activision - this is the way to go! *applauds*

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Final_Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:40 AM   #3
**DONOTDELETE**

How about putting in PunkBuster? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
**DONOTDELETE** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
BOD_ANGEL
Regular

Quote:
How about putting in PunkBuster? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Very good idea man.. If only Ravensoft would add it to EF1. It really needs it.

But Ritual should really look into Punkbuster for EF2. It really does help keep servers and those that abuse them in line. I'm pretty familiar with Punkbuster already, since we run ET servers and Q3A as well.

Would be nice Ritual... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
BOD_ANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:20 PM   #5
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

What does PunkBuster do exactly, I know generally it stops cheats.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:43 PM   #6
BOD_ANGEL
Regular

Quote:
What does PunkBuster do exactly, I know generally it stops cheats.
Punkbuster monitors certain client CVARS for people that tweak their setting beyond standard. Like setting up thier field of view so they can nearly see behind themselves. I know people that do that in EF... It also keeps player from using custom OpenGL settings in their videocards from connecting.

It also keeps the client names pure. We've all run into those idiots that like to annoy people on the server by changing their names to that of another player. Well, Punkbuster gives them a set time limit to change their names from a duplicate, or it kicks them. It also keeps clients from changing their names too often, or from leaving a blank space as their name. It also keep players from using abusive names as their client names. Like those fools that enter your server using the F word as their name. BOD Clan bans those players as soon as we see them... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Children do play these games.. we try to keep our servers clean.

Punkbuster also monitors client rate. So, people that tweak their settings in order to lag a server or lag other players will be kicked.

Punkbuster does allot of different things. It even creates a log for those that have violated server protocol and tracks their IP addresses. So, it kind of monitors the server while you're not there. It really does help allot.

And it also monitors for Cheats like AutoAim, AutoFire, or RCON Hack. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Another nice addition would be WATCHDOG. Watchdog monitors the server for crashes, then, reboots it and runs a specified config, so your server will almost NEVER go down.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #7
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

Ahh Thanks for that you have enlightened me, BOD_ANGEL, may your servers never go down.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #8
BOD_ANGEL
Regular

Quote:
Ahh Thanks for that you have enlightened me, BOD_ANGEL, may your servers never go down.
hehe.. thanx.. I often wish the same thing for myself... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]