Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre

Old 09-13-2003, 06:23 PM   #1
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Default Communication down time

I was wrong and we at Ritual won't be able to answer questions at this time. Instead, I refer you to the product information page over at Novalogic.

http://www.novalogic.com/games.asp?GameKey=DFBHDTS

Some features are subject to change at a later date.

More information will be available in the near future most likely directly from Novalogic. In the mean time, feel free to chat amongst yourselves about the BHD game and BHD:TS.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:01 PM   #2
FarleyDog88

Default Re: Communication down time

So what am I doing here? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I take it novalogic wants to keep a tight lid on this themselves for some odd reason. Kind of makes me a little skeptical.................No drivable vehicles thats for sure.[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also I got one request. Please look at the past Delta Force games and see what made those so great. I wouldnt want the expansion turned into a Counter Strike Copy type. Focus primarly on the long range weapons as well, I know novalogic strayed away from the long distance fighting that all the other Delta Force Games where built on. I dont mean to piss you guys off just some suggestions, and what the DF community thinks. Good Luck on the expansion!
FarleyDog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 12:05 AM   #3
QdadTAG

Quote:
I was wrong and we at Ritual won't be able to answer questions at this time. Instead, I refer you to the product information page over at Novalogic.
That's OK, but I hope that some of the Ritual guys will still be reading this forum.....?

Anyway, in April this year, Marcus Beer (Novalogic) came forward and asked the DF community for advice regarding mod-able features for future Novalogic games. Not sure if this was intended for Joint Operations or also Team Sabre, or if they might have passed along to you a condensed version of that long list of suggestions..... You might be restricted (by Novalogic) regarding which new mod-friendly features you can include in Team Sabre, but if you haven't already read the full list of mod-friendly suggestions from the DF community, here are the links to those 2 forum topics of DFArena and DF3.NET

Enjoy! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
QdadTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:37 AM   #4
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Quote:
So what am I doing here? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I take it novalogic wants to keep a tight lid on this themselves for some odd reason. Kind of makes me a little skeptical.................No drivable vehicles thats for sure.[img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also I got one request. Please look at the past Delta Force games and see what made those so great. I wouldnt want the expansion turned into a Counter Strike Copy type. Focus primarly on the long range weapons as well, I know novalogic strayed away from the long distance fighting that all the other Delta Force Games where built on. I dont mean to piss you guys off just some suggestions, and what the DF community thinks. Good Luck on the expansion!
I would hope you are hear to have engaging conversation about BHD, BHD:TS and Ritual, [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Even though I can't give detailed information about BHD:TS that doesn't mean no one can talk about related topics. I do encourage further "suggestions" from the DF:BHD community because we are monitoring the forums and creating missions at the same time.

I'm curious what you all enjoy the most from BHD? I loved it when a lot was going on at once, helicopters flying by, explosions in the distant, myself and my team running for cover. Made the experience really intense.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:42 AM   #5
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Quote:

That's OK, but I hope that some of the Ritual guys will still be reading this forum.....?

Anyway, in April this year, Marcus Beer (Novalogic) came forward and asked the DF community for advice regarding mod-able features for future Novalogic games. Not sure if this was intended for Joint Operations or also Team Sabre, or if they might have passed along to you a condensed version of that long list of suggestions..... You might be restricted (by Novalogic) regarding which new mod-friendly features you can include in Team Sabre, but if you haven't already read the full list of mod-friendly suggestions from the DF community, here are the links to those 2 forum topics of DFArena and DF3.NET

Enjoy! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Yes, I at least will be reading these forums a lot and getting to know you all if possible. I'm very proactive with the community members of Ritual's games. I like to know what people like or even dislike about our games. I believe that will help us make better games in the future.

I'm glad you posted the links about Novalogic asking the community what they'd like to see for future mod tools. I'll definitely have a read through since I'm a STRONG believer in having a powerful set of mod tools that allow the game to be expanded upon and have its user base grow over time instead of dwindle months after release.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:57 PM   #6
FarleyDog88

Yes, I loved the single player missions in the BHD than any other Delta Force. The others I was Rambo, and did all the missions myself without any Squad AI. In BHD that is different, made me feel like I was more involved.

But I think the true heart of things lie in the multi-player aspect of it. In BHD a numerous people (included me) complained about the close combat, mostly in a desert enviornment. I mean you must know how it feels when your playing in a grassy, green enviornment in DF1, DF2, DF3, DF4, and then suddenly, boom, desert. Hopefully there will be more open range terrain, with that wonderfull thing I like to call, green terrain. Which im thinking there will be since some of the missions are located in south American jungle terrain.

BTW: Its awesome that you developers are talking to us underlings of the world. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Its cool, and I appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #7
QdadTAG

Quote:
I mean you must know how it feels when your playing in a grassy, green enviornment in DF1, DF2, DF3, DF4, and then suddenly, boom, desert.
No offense, FarleyDog, but to my knowledge, there are no grass in DF3 (LW) and DF4 (TFD)... and for a DF2 die-hard like me, the "grass" in BHD wasn't worth the soil it was growing in... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I don't expect a BHD EXP to turn that bad experience all around, though, since it would probably involve some serious messing with the game engine.... One could always hope, though... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thx, BrushBaron, for your reply! It certainly makes one's hopes grow quite a bit, and if only a few of the most important suggestions from the DF community would become reality, then it would be a major step in the right direction. We're a patient lot, most of us DF vets..., but there are a lot of disappointed S&D, A&D and CO-OP BHD players out there at the moment.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2003, 07:54 PM   #8
FarleyDog88

Quote:
No offense, FarleyDog, but to my knowledge, there are no grass in DF3 (LW) and DF4 (TFD)... and for a DF2 die-hard like me, the "grass" in BHD wasn't worth the soil it was growing in...
No, no...I dont mean grass as protruding from the terrain, grass. I mean the green terrains, (Which is grass but doesnt protrude). I didnt like DF2 at all anyway. Never really got into it.....
Old 10-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #9
BigSteve

Quote:

No, no...I dont mean grass as protruding from the terrain, grass. I mean the green terrains, (Which is grass but doesnt protrude). I didnt like DF2 at all anyway. Never really got into it.....
You mean the way LW looks like somebody mowed the lawn and said OK guys you can fight now but pick up after yourselves OK?

No grass in LW to hide in was the biggest complaint people had please don't go back to that cheap look!
BigSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #10
SyUK

Quote:

I'm curious what you all enjoy the most from BHD? I loved it when a lot was going on at once, helicopters flying by, explosions in the distant, myself and my team running for cover. Made the experience really intense.
Well I'd like to see the following:

*Climbable drainpipes. They had it available in the beta for BHD but they didn't enable it for the final release. Lots of buildings already have the drainpipes but only 1/2 still allow you to climb up them. It gives you options about where to go and provides variety for the game.

* A machette. Most of the FPS games feature pretty much the same weapons. It would be nice to see a few different weapons like the machette.

*I don't know if it is possible, but less fog is a must. Long-Range sniping in the delta Force series has been ruined by the fog in BHD. One are where the DF series has stood apart from others games over the years is the sniping. It has always been more technical, allowing you to adjust the scope for bullet drop/distance. BHD has a rubbish sniping experience. It's too easy and it's also too easy for gunners/CQB's to shoot snipers. In LW I always used to snipe from around 900-1100m and this allowed to to get good k/d ratio's. The fog is a killer in BHD.

*More balanced maps are a must, maps like 'Desert Insertion TKOTH' in BHD multiplayer have been droppped by servers as they are too biased to one team.

*BHD also does big explosions well and it was saisfying to blow up a bridge or a ship. Lots of flames, smoke and big bangs really add to the experience.

*In the single player missions I'd like to see some more sneeky maps, instead of just flying in and blowing things up with big guns I think there needs to be stealth missions. In the current BHD game the mission that I really enjoyed was the one where you have to make your way through the streets at night and take out a Radio mast on top of a building. I found it more challenging having to sneak past groups of guards without being rumbled. Although getting some silent kills was very satisfying.

*One thing BHD did well was the music and where it kicked in in missions. If during a mission some dramaitic fast-paced music kicked, I would get a bit of a rush and start to get ready for the impending problems.

*More co-ordinated attacks and multi-stage mission, involving more than one team. Storming buildings knowing that you have guys on the street protecting the perimeter is great. Feeling that you are just one cog in a larger machine during a mission but having the knowledge that if you fail, the whole thing fails.

*An absolute must is more variety in the terrians/maps. It shouldn't be...great another street map, or another flat desert maps. The missions in BHD single player where you were running over the grassy hills were just as enjoyable as the maps where you were running through a city.

Sorry for the long post [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
SyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #11
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Quote:
Sorry for the long post
The more feedback, the better. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and welcome to the boards!
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:33 PM   #12
SyUK

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:22 AM   #13
QdadTAG

The other topic in here, where Ritualistic asked about input for the MP game play, seems to have been removed. Any particular reason for doing that...? Does NL want us to use their forums instead, perhaps...?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #14
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Orders from up above..
Old 10-24-2003, 07:28 PM   #15
QdadTAG

Np... maybe later? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:44 PM   #16
badman
Sheep Inspector

The way I see there's nothing to keep you from posting your suggestions and feedback anyway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #17
SyUK

True [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

http://www.ritualistic.com//forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=144197&page=0&amp ;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1