Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-11-2003, 09:44 PM   #26
xile
Regular

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ

I think this might be a the new condition zero by valve the "deleted scences" it just doesnt have the new develors work in it because i noticed on the world map there are like only 12 missions.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 09:44 PM   #27
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ *DELETED*

Post deleted by badman
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 09:46 PM   #28
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ *DELETED*

Post deleted by badman
Old 10-11-2003, 09:53 PM   #29
kevin442
Fanboy

SCREW IT ITS NOT WORTH IT I CAN WAIT
Old 10-11-2003, 10:00 PM   #30
Wolf8218
Veteran

you can wait for what? chocolate doughnuts? i cant!!!
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:29 AM   #31
Spinnaker

Quote:
I agree with you too castle.

I think Ritual should release their version of CS:CZ and screw VALVe, from what I've seen of the one Ritual developed, there were objectives, storylines and interesting dialog.

I think VALVe is just going to make this some shitty Counter-Strike clone in order to make more money for their lame company. It's nothing other than a question for more money for them to line their empty pockets.
I think Valve should of released Ritualistic's version months ago. And release Turtle's Rock version in November as an expansion pack. It seems they would profit more since there is mixed emotions of which version is better with the cs community.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:29 AM   #32
hahnchen
Experienced

I dont believe everyone here loved the ritual one so much. Dont get me wrong, i aint no ritual hater, i just think that their version of CS was pants.

What I had originally expected from CS:CZ was a load of new maps which would WORK with the online mode. Totally excellent bots. What i didnt want, was the ritual style campaign maps.

I mean, from the reviews (yes, the community feedback bit. Loads of magazines reviewed the games and dissed ritual's section) it seems like you have to single handedly save the world from terrorism, whilst your intelligent bot friends stood around getting shot, getting you to do everything. I mean on the Japanese Underground level, you'd have thought you and a group of CTs would storm the place. But no, you go with one CT, who opens the door for you, you go through, and he closes it and wishes you good luck.

In fact, goto www.pczone.co.uk and goto the reviews archive, find CS:CZ and read the thing. The only reason it got a high score was the BOT element ONLY.

Other things, like useless uesless equipment, not being able to get enemy guns, terrorists spawning out of thin air once you'd cleared an area. It was a sub standard single player rainbow 6 type, filled with things to put on the box.

"Intelligent Teammates help you out!"
"18 BRAND new SPANKING MISSIONS"
"Lots of new equipment to help fight terrorism"

This new Turtle Rock version sounds a lot more truer to the original concept of CS:CZ, lets see how the reviews go.
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
hahnchen
Experienced

so i've already told you about the PCzone review.

PCgamer UK review

So theres the PCgamer review. So these are the top two UK magazines views on CS:CZ. The only ones who wanted a generic shooter with the CS name seems to be the blind ritual fans. Just as some kid who always buys radiohead even though they're rubbish.
Old 10-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #34
enfestid
Veteran

That would possibly be because they reviewed a very unfinished version of the game, according to Ritual. And I'd like to know how you think it's pants when you haven't played it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Unless you played the leaked version.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #35
d4rksuN
Veteran

Pants!? I love pants!
d4rksuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 03:45 PM   #36
hahnchen
Experienced

actually, i state that i havent played it in the posts. From the reviews, ritual's version sounded crap. Just like you havent played it and are saying how good it is.

OK, so they say that the ritual game reviewed was unfinished. Then blame the distributor for passing it to magazines as "review code".

However, even if it was unfinished, i doubt the finished version would have got rid of the gimmicky equipment, lack of teamplay, not being able to pick up guns, and enemies teleporting from nowhere. You're like radiohead fans, really you are.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:57 PM   #37
hahnchen
Experienced

can i just say that if i sound totally 100% hostile towards ritual, I am not. Looking at the screenshots i saw that the visuals had been sharpened up a load with the new models and the like. But I just feel that there are a lot of blind fans on this forum touting everything ritual does as gold.

I mean, you are going to get 12/18 ritual missions in the game!

Oh, and ritual, the world needs to see the return of Colonel Blade. And that Drug Lord model for CZ can't goto waste, i mean its a spitting image of me!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:16 PM   #38
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Well, this is Ritualistic - the official fansite for Ritual. So, here you will get a lot gamers who know Ritual, Ritual's games, our goals and philosophies for our games. They also know not to be so quick to judge a game of ours and play it first. Yes, a lot of the comments on here do praise Ritual for our work, but it's only about the models or artwork because that's all you can see from screenshots.

In normal circumstances not being able to pick up an enemy weapon may sound odd, but you need to understand the goals Valve Software initially set out and told Ritual to achieve. I'm not going to divulge all of the information for our own defense because CS:CZ is what it is and Ritual is proud of the work we've done.

However, speaking from a game designer perspective, the game is about Counter-Terrorists. You play the role of an unnamed counter-terrorist who belongs to a special forces unit local to the missions' geographical location. The CTs have their own weapons and special items. One of our goals was to make you feel part of a special elite force group with their own unique set of weapons and items. Allowing the player to use enemy weapons would have diluted the special elite forces feeling of the game we set out to achieve.

Also, in our missions you are playing against dozens and dozens of AI, maybe the whole level will have 50 or more enemies. If we allowed the player to pick up weapons and ammo from the enemies, the game would become way to easy since you are always fully stocked. There's careful gameplay balancing issues that need to be considered when designing an FPS game.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #39
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Quote:
Well, this is Ritualistic - the official fansite for Ritual. So, here you will get a lot gamers who know Ritual, Ritual's games, our goals and philosophies for our games. They also know not to be so quick to judge a game of ours and play it first. Yes, a lot of the comments on here do praise Ritual for our work, but it's only about the models or artwork because that's all you can see from screenshots.

In normal circumstances not being able to pick up an enemy weapon may sound odd, but you need to understand the goals Valve Software initially set out and told Ritual to achieve. I'm not going to divulge all of the information for our own defense because CS:CZ is what it is and Ritual is proud of the work we've done.

However, speaking from a game designer perspective, the game is about Counter-Terrorists. You play the role of an unnamed counter-terrorist who belongs to a special forces unit local to the missions' geographical location. The CTs have their own weapons and special items. One of our goals was to make you feel part of a special elite force group with their own unique set of weapons and items. Allowing the player to use enemy weapons would have diluted the special elite forces feeling of the game we set out to achieve.

Also, in our missions you are playing against dozens and dozens of AI, maybe the whole level will have 50 or more enemies. If we allowed the player to pick up weapons and ammo from the enemies, the game would become way to easy since you are always fully stocked. There's careful gameplay balancing issues that need to be considered when designing an FPS game.
I am having a rousing discussion defending Rituals Artwork and models. I'd love to see any photos side by side compare to the work you guys have done. People also need to remember that if they are looking at games today (i.e. HL2, DoomIII, Etc.) that this is the FIRST HL engine. Great Work Guys. Valve continues to make classless moves.

Here was my post on Blues: (I was fired up...)

The Common Denominator is Valve

Not Gearbox, Not Ritual, and probably Turtle when Valve tries to blame them...

Rituals Gun Models are beautiful, thier maps, awesome. This is simply a case of a company (Valve) being bent over thier keyboard and squealing like the prison bait they are now. Pummeled deservingly by thier Fans, Hackers, Other Developers (You think any other developer is going to love working with these knuckleheads after they publicly dis them?), Press, etc.

Now thier PR machine (read Ford Pinto) continues to over talk, misstep, and generally embarass themselves at every post or announcement.

This isn't anyone elses fault but Valves.

Ritual - Keep your head up - you did great work.

Valve - you should be very ashamed. My money is staying in my pocket when it comes to anything you produce until you stop lying to us. I'm sure NVidia is looking for someone to have coffee with, try them.

I'd be the first to say Rit fuxored this up if they did, but I see no evidence....

JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:56 PM   #40
enfestid
Veteran

I never stated it was good, nice job reading my post there, cowboy.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:32 AM   #41
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Quote:
I wasn't responding to you indian girl.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:31 AM   #42
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I wasn't responding to you indian girl.
Nor was I responding to you.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:23 PM   #43
Castle
Level Designer

Quote:
That would possibly be because they reviewed a very unfinished version of the game, according to Ritual. And I'd like to know how you think it's pants when you haven't played it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Unless you played the leaked version.
Well, I would say that is half true
the main thing is that the team AI was never really good enough on that engine. Like I said above: At this point attempting to make a fully new and ground breaking game with out making huge changes to the core engine and code is much like trying to get blood from stone. If CZ came out instead of half life so many years ago then the reviews would have been much better.
It is not that the game isnt fun its that it needed to be out at least 2 years ago to get better reviews.

From what I understand now is that the new CZ is kind of a best of both worlds version of both games. I like that idea quite a bit in concept now that I have had a chance to think about it and learn more. Lets see how well they go about bringing it to life.

Also I did like the Gear Box version. It was really different. Maybe valve is making a good choice with this whole mess. though I would not have refered to the ritual missions as "Deleted scenes" that is just rude.
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:15 PM   #44
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
though I would not have refered to the ritual missions as "Deleted scenes" that is just rude.
To be completely honest, I thought the same thing the first time I read that.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #45
Kalabalana
Veteran

[censored], no more essays please, nobody will read your post if you type so much. Anyways, I'm sure someone will review rituals cz build (the leak I think) and give the definitive answer on the game.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #46
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Quote:
[censored], no more essays please, nobody will read your post if you type so much. Anyways, I'm sure someone will review rituals cz build (the leak I think) and give the definitive answer on the game.

Alright, we'll keep it to See Spot Run length for you dood. Freakin can't read paragraphs - GOD HELP US ALL!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:19 AM   #47
Kalabalana
Veteran

ty, you're starting to learn, maybe you can use this info to make some friends
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:39 AM   #48
Automator
Veteran

I hope your right castle. As pissed as i was about the whole senario i'm hoping the game will still turn out good. In my opinion, Valve should give us the full ritual version (deemed SinglePlayer), and the turtle rock version as a bonus addictive tony hawk style game, and give the multiplayer and turtle rock versions a choice between ritual and original models without manually doing it yourself.
Ofcourse, this is wishful thinking, but at least they threw in 12 missions. Now i wish the leak had gearbox's stuff too so i could get some coop cz going lol.
Oh ya, hahnchen, I like radiohead. Listen to Kid A all the way through and then talk to me.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:04 PM   #49
hahnchen
Experienced

Automator, theres nothing wrong with liking Radiohead. Dont feel bad about it. I mean, i like Creedence Clearwater Revival (no, really, seriously i do).

What is wrong is how some fans claim that everything they put out is gold. They don't have the midas touch, i mean goddamn, who on earth liked pyramid song?

As with the CS:CZ thing. There were actually a few reviews of rituals code, but mostly thought that the SP missions didnt fit in that well of what they thought CS:CZ to be.

I think valve made the right decision in the end. It's a shame to see rituals models and stuff goto waste, but we now have 12 missions plus the improved bot play. As I said before, lets see the reviews roll in.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #50
kevin442
Fanboy

hey to whom has the cz leak tell me this.

Does it come with rituals missions, weapon models, player models, the bank mission, the downed pilot mission where your in the jungle and did it the game ever crash for u guys?