Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #51
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ

i personally do not have the leak, but i don't think it would be safe to assume that the leak of cs: cz is by any means what's going to be released when the game actually ships.

just look at valve's decisions in the past. an attempt to take out everything "ritual" wouldn't surprise me at all.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:47 PM   #52
BrushBaron
Level Designer

*bitch slap* Don't jinx us bro...
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 08:13 PM   #53
Automator
Veteran

the leak so far seams to be the deleted scenes. presentation seems like a final product. no crashes. my question is has anyone got the turtle rock version to work. i would like to compare.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #54
hahnchen
Experienced

hello ritual peeps. someone said they liked the gearbox version.

what was the gearbox version like? anything like the turtle rock one?
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #55
kevin442
Fanboy

so your saying the 12 mission cz that leaked will be the exact same thing thats in the deleted folder section of the new CZ. So in other words the deleted scenes folder from the new cz is whats leaked.
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:47 PM   #56
kevin442
Fanboy

I think Valve will make the deleted scenes part look really shitty (EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT) so people will only play there gay little THPS Mode?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:05 AM   #57
Automator
Veteran

Quote:
so your saying the 12 mission cz that leaked will be the exact same thing thats in the deleted folder section of the new CZ. So in other words the deleted scenes folder from the new cz is whats leaked.
If you want an official statement dont look to us. I'm not going to say "the 12 mission cz that leaked will be the exact same thing thats in the deleted folder section" because i dont know that for sure. what i said was, "the leak so far seams to be the deleted scenes," because it is rituals cz but doesn't have all the missions.

Quote:
I think Valve will make the deleted scenes part look really shitty (EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT) so people will only play there gay little THPS Mode?
I dont think valve cares which you play more. I think they just realized what ritual made wasn't going to be on par with what the community expects. So they made the included bots have their own kick ass singleplayer-type game to them. (it sucks that they made that singleplayer and call rituals deleted scenes, and left out missions).
In the leak there is the turtle rock version of cz (although im not sure if its final or not). In it's main menu it says "play counter strike:condition zero" followed by "new multiplayer game" along with options and quit, etc. The first would take you to ritual's cz, the second would take you to new game menu for turtle rock's cz. I hope they leave it like this (instead of deleted scenes). In the folders for turtle rock's cz, all the weapons models are the old ones, and there are old and new player models. So i'm guessing we can choose.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:50 AM   #58
PoOKiE
Rookie

Quote:
That's pretty much what it is except there's only 10 so far plus the training thing which doesnt really count. It's top notch work from Ritual IMO. I love the new sounds and the new models, and the scripted stuff isn't too overboard or anything like regular halflife was. I think it adds a lot to the game. When working with a 6 year old game engine you gotta admit that what they've done is pretty stinkin good.....probably the best stuff you'll get out of the HL1 engine. Yeah it's kind of weird sometimes to turn around and find a dude with a ski mask hacking at your back with a machette but it's more funny than it is bad gameplay. Little things like that you can't do much about, unless you just took out those enemys completely but hey it was on easy and it was still a pretty nice challenge. It's also kind of nice to see the hitboxes are a bit smaller and there's not just headshot after headshot all the time, although I managed to nail a sniper in a tree, sniper on the roof, and a rpg man all in the head in a matter of 5 seconds with my trusty scout. There's also lots of stuff you can blow up and you can trick the AI to follow you and they run into landmines and blow up. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Good times...The weather effects look pretty nice too [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And yeah turtle rocks version doesnt work with the dlls that were there. We'll see what the final version is and then pass judgement. It would be a lot nicer to have one cd with full Ritual version with all missions for single player and then turtle rock on the other disc.....Oh well, that might make too much sense for Valve. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote