Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-09-2003, 08:11 AM   #1
mFu
Experienced

Default CZ Leaked

PHL:

Well, it appears that this "Anonymous Leaker" character wasn't bluffing, because now he's apparently released something that lets you play Half-Life and Counter-Strike using Half-Life 2's source engine. And he's also supposedly released an outdated build of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (it's going gold Friday, see yesterday's story) and/or possibly something that deals with Counter-Strike 2. We really don't care to know the details, and we can't exactly confirm this because we refuse to download these releases ourselves. And we of course strongly suggest you don't download any of this stolen material either.

The latest release notes are pretty much devoid of any commentary from the leaker, but they do seem to call into question the existence of a complete HL2 beta. While the notes confirm a HL2 "pre-Beta" isn't currently in circulation, that doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't exist and won't be released later. It's hard to say.

But I think it is safe to say at this point that perhaps Valve's and Vivendi's previous statement that only "a third of the source code was stolen" was perhaps slightly innaccurate.
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:22 AM   #2
mFu
Experienced

Default Re: CZ Leaked

Can someone confirm the existence of a leaked CZ build, Wolf? To anyone who gets the build, please check on the game features and let us know what's there and what isn't. And don't cite the source of your information [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #3
Waltar
Rookie

Yes, it was leaked last night around 12am. The file is a whopping 1.9gb and is nearly everywhere.

Shame to see two years of work on this godamn thing get leaked in a night. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Waltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 02:15 PM   #4
Kalabalana
Veteran

2 years? that how long the hacker has been trying to [censored] over valve or how long you think cz has been in production by ritual?
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
kevin442
Fanboy

Hey jsut think on the bright side. Max Payne 2 is coming out in 5 days along with call of duty in 20 days and if u havnt yet pick up your copy of halo which is in stores now.

Have a great day! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #6
Kalabalana
Veteran

yeah that's true but I was actually going to BUY valve's games, adn then they go and do this. [censored].
one thing all game producers should know is that you make your money with cd keys
Old 10-09-2003, 07:36 PM   #7
Automator
Veteran

what are you talking about cd-keys?
valve knows cd-keys..how are they supposed to require cd-keys for games that arent done yet?
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:54 PM   #8
xcsemtex
Rookie

i am guessing this is going to cause another delay?
xcsemtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:24 PM   #9
Automator
Veteran

probably not for cz....but definately for hl2 and any other games they had planned for the source engine
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #10
Waltar
Rookie

Quote:
2 years? that how long the hacker has been trying to [censored] over valve or how long you think cz has been in production by ritual?
CZ has been in production from various devs since 2001.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:55 PM   #11
Wolf8218
Veteran

its real [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:57 PM   #12
kevin442
Fanboy

what is
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:51 AM   #13
Kalabalana
Veteran

your cut walter, and I'm not replying to you anymore, so don't think you've won
Old 10-10-2003, 10:52 PM   #14
xile
Regular

Oh its real I got to "test" out the game.. Good work ritual valve screwed you guys and the community over. They said its cause the feedback from the community wasnt good. All I heard was great things about rituals work on the game. I really dont get valve and their decisions but oh well.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:01 PM   #15
Wolf8218
Veteran

hah! you dont really have it do you? thats what i thought... nice game ritual.. a sure buy for me! no im serious!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #16
xile
Regular

oh i im testing it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]... i will buy it when it comes out though.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:11 PM   #17
CT_Seal007
Rookie

Gabe is a f*cking coward. He hired Ritual to do work and he should f*cking stand by Ritual's efforts instead backstabbing them by removing a large portion of their content without Ritual's knowledge. By including a small amount of Ritual's work in the "deleted scenes" section is a huge dis at Ritual. I think it's insulting. Ritual is proud of their work. It's too bad Valve openly states they don't feel the same.

What a way to strengthen developer relationships Gabe, no one likes you, douche bag.

Gabe needs to go see a god damn psychiatrist to get his priorities straight. He never knew what he wanted with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and [censored] multiple developers over because of it.

Mock my words, Valve Software won't be around for many years because of Gabe.
CT_Seal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:20 PM   #18
Wolf8218
Veteran

mock MY words, gabe wont be around for many years because of his fatass cholesterol problems
Old 10-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #19
Wolf8218
Veteran

wait i just head the news, then no i will not buy it, sorry valve but you fuc|<ed up!!!... AGAIN!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

sorry ritual but i think your unending 1337-ness wasnt enough for valve, so they just had to go screw a turtle..
Old 10-10-2003, 11:51 PM   #20
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Yeah, Gabe Newell is definitly a douche bag. I don't care if Valve has an excessive compulsive disorder, you can't just throw out the months of work of two developers and patch it all together with the pieces they like. This has got to be some of the worst decision making i've seen in the industry--How much money have they wasted to come up with something they could have done by themselves in 3 months? And to top it off, it ends up being a 20 dollar expansion pack.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:31 AM   #21
Waltar
Rookie

Quote:
Gabe is a f*cking coward. He hired Ritual to do work and he should f*cking stand by Ritual's efforts instead backstabbing them by removing a large portion of their content without Ritual's knowledge. By including a small amount of Ritual's work in the "deleted scenes" section is a huge dis at Ritual. I think it's insulting. Ritual is proud of their work. It's too bad Valve openly states they don't feel the same.

What a way to strengthen developer relationships Gabe, no one likes you, douche bag.

Gabe needs to go see a god damn psychiatrist to get his priorities straight. He never knew what he wanted with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and [censored] multiple developers over because of it.

Mock my words, Valve Software won't be around for many years because of Gabe.
amen. I cannot see a company that continues to piss off developers and it's community the length valve consistantly does.

Delays every-where. False promises, completely insulting developers..it's just sad.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #22
enfestid
Veteran

I think I may actually search for this one (and I am completely anti-warez, mind you) because it's Ritual's version.

F*** Valve.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:55 PM   #23
MachineX
Experienced

Hey, everyone..... been a while, anyway, this whole leak issue has made me very mad. I have trouble believing valve with this leak issue, but i guess they wouldnt really make something up like this. I can't really ever trust valve again, and I pitty the fool who hacked them.
Well, I just wanted to say hi, see you in a month or soo.........ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
---------------
<font color="orange">Hl2 out, never............. </font>
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:07 PM   #24
RTurner

Personally, from what I've seen on the Internet about this, it looks as if what got leaked was the original concept of CS:CZ from ritual BEFORE VALVe got their scalpels into it.

I think it's good and bad, good being that the world can see what a truly neato game ritual made, and bad because now people may not want to buy the ORIGINAL game so much after having played "the good son"
RTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 05:09 PM   #25
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
Personally, from what I've seen on the Internet about this, it looks as if what got leaked was the original concept of CS:CZ from ritual BEFORE VALVe got their scalpels into it.

I think it's good and bad, good being that the world can see what a truly neato game ritual made, and bad because now people may not want to buy the ORIGINAL game so much after having played "the good son"
Yeah, someone on Neowin got it and it's Ritual's version.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote