Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-16-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
Gambit
Regular

Default CS Cz suggestion

Can't rutual release the new models so we can put those models in our cscz since valve removed those models.

The cs community would appreciate that. And the "bugs" that comes with the models let the user deal with it
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Default Re: CS Cz suggestion

Sorry rutual cannot release anything.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #3
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Those models, along with everything else Ritual created for CZ, are the property of Valve Software. It would be illegal for Ritual to release them without Valve's approval.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

can u get valves approval?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:15 PM   #5
Kalabalana
Veteran

rgr, it would be a shame if they weren't released, maybe a hacker* will leak* them. cough cough
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
Ice_Commando
Experienced

It's only a matter of time before those show up. Atleast the weapons work.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:21 PM   #7
Automator
Veteran

why are you asking ritual to release them. anyone can use them now that it was leaked. the mdl files will probably be in the game when it ships anyway (unless some gay cache file)
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:49 PM   #8
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
Those models, along with everything else Ritual created for CZ, are the property of Valve Software. It would be illegal for Ritual to release them without Valve's approval.
*cough* "Leak" them... *cough*

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nah, I'm sure someone will port them to the multiplayer portion if they're still in the single player section.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:28 PM   #9
Vash
Experienced

im currently using ritual weapon models for cs but only the v and w models work on cs p dont work and some things just dont plain work I'll post them if you can live with only weapon models in view and world
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 11:12 PM   #10
Automator
Veteran

ya im doing the same thing but its a shame the player models wont work. i guess it needs the czero engine to run them not hl. oh well the weapons and sounds kick ass ritual.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:54 AM   #11
Vash
Experienced

likewise
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 09:09 AM   #12
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Re: CS Cz suggestion *DELETED*

Post deleted by badman
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #13
zoso
Experienced

run cs then go to the console and type "mp_consistency 0"

then start a lan game. if the ritual player models (and everything else) still doesn't work then it was busted by someone else that doesn't work at ritual.

if they do work and still want to play with them then you'll have to find a server on the net that's running with "mp_consistency 0" instead of "mp_consistency 1"

i won't go into details of why this is but with using "mp_consistency 0" at ritual with mp cs and all of our assets everything works fine.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #14
Kalabalana
Veteran

mp_consistency 0 just switches off model checking then?
a big part of cs is league play though, and a lot of people use special models to give an edge, so this checking is very important
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 04:51 PM   #15
zoso
Experienced

*as far as i see it this is how it worked out*

for ritual's models to make the consistency check that would require some code changes to cstrike. code changes that ritual was not allowed to do.

ritual wasn't allowed to make even the most minor changes to the code with out you know who's approval, and that's just for the czero sp game. now do you think they'd allow ritual to make code changes to their cstrike mp baby?

so (as far as i know) unless someone at valve makes those changes to the code (which obviously isn't going to happen) then ritual's stuff will never be the standard. that's what my intuition tells me anyway.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #16
Ice_Commando
Experienced

So what are the changes? You added extra animations or lengthen/shortened a few of animation times? I noticed there were a few extra death animations. It's a shame we can't use those. I'm guessing now the only way is to apply the standard 1.6 skeleton to the mesh.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:44 PM   #17
zoso
Experienced

i won't presume to know the exact changes done to the models for mp since i wasn't the one spear heading that task. i also believe we went through different iterations cause we were having trouble at first.

and yes there are two different sets of models. there are your mp models with all of the mp anims. then there are the sp models with all of the sp related anims.

it's strange though. when "mp_consistency 1" was on (default) the majority of the weapon models (view, world, and player) worked except for maybe 3, tops. then we set the consistency to 0 and voila we could use all of the models in the game with not changing anything except that varible.

sorry .... i didn't really answer your question.

edit: well the major change was the models itself along with the textures on all of them. i'm not sure how the check is made but for the weapon models that were changed the change was just as small as the model and texture itself. while others passed the test, some did not.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:18 AM   #18
Waltar
Rookie

Quote:
*as far as i see it this is how it worked out*

for ritual's models to make the consistency check that would require some code changes to cstrike. code changes that ritual was not allowed to do.

ritual wasn't allowed to make even the most minor changes to the code with out you know who's approval, and that's just for the czero sp game. now do you think they'd allow ritual to make code changes to their cstrike mp baby?

so (as far as i know) unless someone at valve makes those changes to the code (which obviously isn't going to happen) then ritual's stuff will never be the standard. that's what my intuition tells me anyway.
So this was basically what Cliffe was talking about, the models not working?

I seriously have no idea how you guys even did this, valve not allowing you to edit code or anything makes it seem liek they hired someone to estentially make a "mod" instead of an actual game.
Waltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:29 PM   #19
zoso
Experienced

waltar:

since i'm an animator and not a coder, and i was only aware of the headaches the coders' had not knowing truly what was involved in said headaches: i'm sure i was embellishing that comment.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #20
Wolf8218
Veteran

theyre close, very close, to getting these to work....
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:47 PM   #21
bucket

Apparently when Turtle Rock Studios took over they at least planned on using Rituals player models. In the leaked version there is a directory under "cstrike_trs" referred to as "new models" which has rituals models in them. You cannot use them unless you recompile them with the standard 1.6 animations. After you do that they work fine. The only one that didnt was the vip, his jaw is misplaced for some reason.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #22
Wolf8218
Veteran

did you get it to work? how? can you tell me how or send them to me?
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #23
bucket

Yes I have them and yes they work. I am using them as we speak and have never had any consistency issues. They are fully compatible with 1.6 and do not require any server side variables to make them work. I posted a link to a tutorial I stumbled across the other day. All the info you need to make them work is there except the actual leaked models.

click me
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote