Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #1
StalkeR
Rookie

Default Question for the Dev team

I am just wondering since. One one is suppose to have the CZ skins. But they are so nice. Ritual is bound by a contract that they have to give up all CZ work to Valve right? I am wondering if the guys who worked on the CZ models could make a skin pack for us CS skins fans. I liked the CZ models since it wasn't over polyed like most skins are. I wanted smooth gameplay but with nice models. I mean there is no profit here. Maybe in your spare time you guys could do us this favor. I don't think anyone wants to use the old 5 year ones anymore.

This probaly won't come through, but it's a shot.

maybe not the weapon's but you guys have made the best player models with the best animations I have seen.
StalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 PM   #2
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: Question for the Dev team

i don't know... i'm no lawyer so don't hold me to this cause i don't really know...

but as far as i see it the community is turning ritual's assets (which valve owns) and is making them available to the public. doing so without valve's permission i believe to be illegal since valve owns all the work ritual did for cs: cz.

however getting the community to stop what they're doing will happen when pigs fly, and i haven't seen the swine species evovle to growing wings.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:21 PM   #3
bucket

zoso,

Apparently valve or trs at one point considered using some of your model content and made the code changes you spoke of earlier. There is a directory under the leaked trs version that has new models that can be recompiled to work. I am by no means or any stretch of the imagination a game modeler. I stumbled across a tutorial on how to convert old animations to 1.6 animations and applied it to the leaked content and it worked (to my surprise). I personally dont want to leak the recompiled models but if somebody has the partial trs leak with the models I mentioned above and can follow a tutorial then they can do the same thing I did.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #4
Sp4wn3h
Casual

Do you have a link to your tutorial?
Sp4wn3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:09 PM   #5
bucket

clan of the dead goat

Download the software just like they say and follow the instruction to the letter and it will work. The models will work on all servers even the ones with the mp_consitency set at 1.

I was not the one who wrote the tut nor do I know the guy who did. This was just something I came across one day reading some modeling forums. I dont think the guy intended us to recompile leaked models.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:25 PM   #6
StalkeR
Rookie

So could the Nice people at ritual make models in their spare time and release a nice pack for the CZ community [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
MoonChild
Artist

I REALLY hope that when valve realise their mistake once the game is out
that they'll release a patch of some sort to make our work official...
MoonChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:38 PM   #8
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Quote:
So could the Nice people at ritual make models in their spare time and release a nice pack for the CZ community [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Uhm. Conflict of interest??? Helloo. Remember - Rit gets paids dividends (typically) from the sale of CS:CZ -no matter the decision by Valve (Read: Rusty Spiket). So, doing so would tread on some ground that screams..LAAWSUUIIITT!

JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:24 PM   #9
StalkeR
Rookie

??? I ment Since if Ritual had any spare time, their modelers could release a skin pack, not CZ's models. But their own. I mean theres no money involved. But don't you modelers ever create models when your not maknig em for a game?

Also, so they don't have to pay Ritual for using their models? If they don't use their models do they pay less moeny to Ritual?

I hope that you possibly have to unlock the models in the Deleted Sences section. You never know.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
xile
Regular

Doesnt matter Valve owns those models. IM sure valve pays them a certain amount of money when they make the game then valve owns the rights to them after ritual is done.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote