Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre

Old 10-24-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
SyUK

Default How to improve the mulitplayer maps.

Well for whatever reason they had to take the thread down for this but as badman has said, there is nothing to stop us from posting how we think they could improve the multiplayer element. So let's hear those suggestions what can be improved, what you really enjoyed.

So far:

*Destroyable buildings and more interesting destroyable targets for A&D maps.
*More balanced maps. The BHD TKOTH map desert insertion is definately not how the new maps should be.

Some more of my suggestions:

*Progressive spawn points are great but they should be intergrated into the map more and appear more realistic. Instead of a big glowing pyramid maybe they could be more like a real-world structure such as a tent or transport truck???

*More varied terrains/maps. The BHD maps tend to be mainly city areas which lead to close urban firefights. more open maps that feature hills, woods, villages and rivers would make the maps more interesting in my opinion.

*For city maps there needs to more more building that the player can enter and fire out from. Drainpipes, ladder, ledges and short jumps could allow players to move about at many levels of the map and allows them to hide/move about more.
SyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:39 AM   #2
Wump

Default Re: How to improve the mulitplayer maps.

Kind of sucks to see your comments taken down.

I wrote something along the lines of:

-Parachute droppings returned.

-Better use of the vertical plane, using the hills as centerpieces as opposed to the flatland action in BHD stock maps.

-Easy on the PSP's. It diffuses the action, especially when there's not that many players in a room.
Wump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
ran93r
Addict

*cough* medal of honor *cough*
ran93r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
QdadTAG

Well, my earlier reply (in that deleted topic) was really meant for the Ritualistic guys to read, and not the audience... Did you (Ritualistic) save my reply before you deleted it, or should I bother try re-constructing it for you...?
QdadTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:58 AM   #5
BrushBaron
Level Designer

We got it, thank you.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 AM   #6
Wump

Thanks for taking user feedback. You guys rock in map design and I'm sure this add-on will be great.

I hope you're taking a fresh look at DF2 play and BHD snipe maps. With JOPs coming perhaps the DF series can return to it's unmotorized squad behind enemy lines feel roots.
Wump is offline   Reply With Quote