Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-27-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
enfestid
Veteran

Default Mike Booth Interview

"The CZ development though, has been a collaborative effort between Valve and a few different developers [Turtle Rock, Ritual, etc]."

I suppose he's talking about Ritual collaborating on making the original game and Valve throwing it in as "deleted scenes" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1363289,00.asp
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
Wolf8218
Veteran

Default Re: Mike Booth Interview

Turtle Rock is teh sucks along with valve....
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 07:24 PM   #3
Automator
Veteran

the new game looks fun, as an add on to rituals game.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
the new game looks fun, as an add on to rituals game.
I was thinking the same thing. This "new game" is more of an add-on or extra that would have been nice in Ritual's, instead of the other way around. It's not going to bring new players, as it is, just favor old ones.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:12 AM   #5
iDiot
Rookie

where the hell does valve get the idea that people are going to BUY this new CZ.....
iDiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:31 AM   #6
xile
Regular

AT the time of this post its Ranked #37 of most bought on amazon right now. Umm obviously people are buying it and thats just amazon.com
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:16 AM   #7
FLeK0
Regular

because they wanted CS in single player, and now they got CS in 'single player' not in something with cs weapons. i'm not saying this because i don't like Rituals work, it might be good, we'll see some of that too, the best parts [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
but that game wasn't really that CS in sp what we play since 4 years.
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
Kalabalana
Veteran

sorry to be an ass- but was I the only one to agree with valve that rituals cz was bad?
I don't know if it was an alpha or not, it was just not up to par with the counter-strike name.
BUT, the graphics and sounds in rituals cz were AMAZING, I love them so [censored] much.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
iDiot
Rookie

Default Mike Booth Interview

Well...i think the maps were beautiful, the models sounds, everthing was jus lookin great

the missions were fun, the bad thing was that the teammates are almost useless
and the transitions between missions is too sudden...its just like fade out 1 mission and fade in to the next

also i really liked the idea they had before i think from gearbox, was to develope your teammates to become better?
something like that...

If the missions had more teamworked based um....moments, it would be much much better....

The missions still shouldn't be called deleted scenes, thats just gay..no discrimination intended....
and valve jus sucks

EDIT: hey....when somebody said CZ is selling really great on amazon.com....is it because of all the people who had preordered the game before ritual was taken out of the scene?
Old 10-28-2003, 11:10 PM   #10
Automator
Veteran

i had fun with it at first, it doesn't feel like cs, but it was a different, cool game. Now after beating it, its boring to go through it again. hard just makes the ai more annoying. If i could sneak around the ai and knife one of em, or if every enemy wast waiting for me to pop out of the hallway the game would be so much better. Ritual's maps, models , sounds are beautiful and are perfect for the community but the game comes down to gameplay, and this isn't what i was hoping for. I had fun with the bots and after reading the csn preview i might enjoy it.
I'm kind of contradicting other posts i made, but only because now i see that its just another game chilling on my desktop. replay value isn't really there. I'm not gonna make final judgements on a game thats not out, so i'll wait for the 18th to make sure what i saw is what it is.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:06 AM   #11
xile
Regular

No its for the day. Each dayit will change. As long as people buy it each day the rank will get better but if they dont buy it it gets worse. Now the game is currently 41 when last time i posted i believe it was 32. I checked Elite Force II at one point when it was first released it had a rank of like 30 or something im pretty sure the next day I checked it was in the hundreds...
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:24 AM   #12
PoOKiE
Rookie

i think most people don't like it cause stuff isn't the same. When your used to something for 4 years it is hard to except change. The headshots are different and not as easy to get in Rituals version and its just a whole new experience and more realism to it. Yeah the teamates are pretty much worthless most the time but you can only make something so good. I'm not sure what happend to the guy who made PODbot(i think he was known as Botman) but he was supposed to be doing the bots and they were much better than the latest version of PODbot and they were going on and on about that when the first details of CZ were leaking out. I think that guy has something to do with turtlerock or something now.

It's hard to improve on such a successful game and I guess that's why Valve decided not to improve the game itself and just add updated textures and smarter bots that should've came as an update to CS, not a whole nother gaeme.
PoOKiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:08 AM   #13
Ice_Commando
Experienced

I don't know about that, I think ritual would have changed how the enemy AI played if they could. The AI in ritual's CZ plays almost exactly like those in the original half-life-- go try to kill a zombine in HL, then go try to kill a terrorist in CZ, you'll see that they're basically the same.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 PM   #14
Automator
Veteran

to everyone my internets been off and on, a technician is supposed to come down soon, so sorry for delaued responces, just fyi
The guy who did podbot was doing ai for the gearbox cz, all that was scratched. I believe the last poster is right and its pretty much hl ai.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:56 PM   #15
iDiot
Rookie

yeah they are just barneys with m4s
and a cool uniform