Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 11-01-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
MB52
Veteran

Default Updated screenshots and question

Ok, I fixed up the map a bit. There were concerns of it being too open so I closed off the bases a bit and added a small room in the tunnel. I also added a few crates.

I also had the Ideal of making a unique way of killing players if they fall off the map. Most space maps just kill you instantly, but I decided to make it so that it beams you into a dark room. In this dark room I put a couple of crate monsters (invisible and lob crates at you) they sound like stalkers too. Anyways, the point of this is that the crate monsters then kill you. I also wanted to give players a chance to escape and get a second chance by placing a teleport in the middle of this room (have to run away from crate monsters to escape) which will bring them back to the middle of the map. Is this a good ideal to give players a second chance? or should there be no way out and only have the crate monsters to kill the player?

LoL on another note, when I was testing this death room, I escaped though the teleport and the crate monsters chased me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
MB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Fvillha
Fanboy

Default Re: Updated screenshots and question

The Death room sounds like fun, chasing you out though, hum, could be funny too. The map is looking real nice. Maybe beta test it with a few of us, before finallizing it.
Fvillha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:56 PM   #3
MB52
Veteran

I put a monster clip to preven their escape, going to have to recompile to see if it stops em. I had told the transporter not to transport monsters but it didnt work so.. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I think I may do some beta testing, once I have weapons placed and lighting fixed up. I'm taking my time on this map as I dont want to release it too soon after JNs map came out. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh and it was kind of disorienting to escape and not expect anything to follow then all of a sudden you see the transport sfx and hear a screech. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

It actually looks quite fun, im really fed up of FPS killer maps *cough* Nukem *cough*.

Anyway i cant wait.

Edit: Ill beta test for you!
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
MB52
Veteran

My FPS stays above 30 which is good for my computer. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Most maps usualy are in 20s or like lunarky 10fps [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

edit- cool, you did a great job with the feedback on my last map I would be a fool not to accept that offer. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #6
Raichu
Veteran

hmmmmmmm that map looks kinda fps-heavy, with all of the walls glass
________
How to bake

Last edited by Raichu : 04-02-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 06:05 PM   #7
Tempest
Fanatic

as long as detailing is done it looks like itll be fine!
Old 11-02-2003, 02:16 AM   #8
MB52
Veteran

I'm debating now whether or not to get rid of the glass "domes" They dont realy look that great and the lighting is funky around them... I may also get rid of the xenos pit (as I'd like to call it.) It might cause more problems then good, as I dont know how the NPCs will act in MP. It will also speed things up more to have the player simply die right away, and not have to wait for a lurker to show up and slash him to death or hit him with a crate. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 02:52 AM   #9
Tempest
Fanatic

test out the pit in a dm, it would actually be a change to die by lurkers rather than falling of in to lava or space.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:53 PM   #10
MB52
Veteran

Ok, I havent done anything drastic yet, so its not too late. The thing I'm worried about is how they will react in MP when you have lag, and multiple players going against them.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #11
MB52
Veteran

I created some "statues" out of the lurkers and made it so they have to stay on their podiums (noclip brush) but I've come to the problem where they are very disrespectful and spit of whoever walks by.. anyone know how to stop this? if not then I may have to enclose them in a glass jar [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

edit- oops, sorry for double post
Old 11-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #12
Borgking
Experienced

through scripting you might be able to tell them to not attack the player,im not sure though
Borgking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:42 PM   #13
7o'nine
Fanboy

Why not leave it like that? It adds an extra challenge of avoiding getting hurt by the exo's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

7o'nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #14
MB52
Veteran

LOL, I think that would annoy people in a ctf match. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Could prevent camping though. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Hmm, scripting, dont know if I realy want to get into that. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Besides I still need the lurkers down in the pit to attack. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #15
Davido
Veteran

you'll have to do scripting ... now hard though, all you have to do is something like ...
Quote:

void main()
{
$targetname.ai_off();
}

All you have to do is going into the lurker's propeties and in Key put "targetname" in Value put whatever you want but you have to change the "targetname" part of the script so it is the same as the value in the propeties
Davido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:21 PM   #16
Raichu
Veteran

You dont need scripting. Use the IGM version of the exomorph. IGM exomorphs dont shoot people
________
ASIAN WIFE

Last edited by Raichu : 04-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #17
MB52
Veteran

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LOL yeah, I had just found that earlier. Thanks though.