Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 10-30-2003, 10:11 AM   #1
FFLO
Experienced

Default Simple Skinning Question..?

Can some one help me with what I think is a few simple probs I am having with a skin? I am converting the Single Player Lurker skin to Multi Player and everything is going smooth except for a few things.

1. You can not see the weapons in the characters hands when u look at him or when u play him, the weapons work fine, but you do not even see the hands from the first person perspective.

2. If the hands do get to a point where I can get them to show up, can I make them look like something other than those Hazard Team gloves? If so how?

3. I think the .skb might be off as well because when he moves around his feet are sunken about 2 inches into the floor, its really a minor issue but is there somewhere where I can adjust it on a Y-axis (X,Y,Z) so he is level with the ground?

4. (Last one, I promise :P) When my model moves around, he is standing upright, as a human would, is there a way I can adjust it so he is in the natural Hunched over position?

I will put some screenshots in here if someone can tell me how....
FFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:03 AM   #2
FFLO
Experienced

Default Re: Simple Skinning Question..?

Old 10-30-2003, 12:18 PM   #3
Bicko
Veteran

4. Could you not set the idle stance to the crouch? I'm not sure how it'd look, but it might look much better crouched.
Bicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
FFLO
Experienced

I tried that, I changed it to use the "ladies of idryll" stance (I am at another comp now so I cant say exactly which I used) the screenshot model is ducked down but in game its completely upright........

Old 10-30-2003, 06:19 PM   #5
FFLO
Experienced

Heres what it looks like at the skin choose menu....In game though is like the other pics....
Old 10-30-2003, 07:05 PM   #6
MB52
Veteran

Isn't the lurker already in ef2 mp?

Oh and what skin isnt available for public viewing?
MB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:54 PM   #7
FFLO
Experienced

I hope it is not already for MP or I have been wasting my time and energy......The not for public viewing is a skin that I just gave out to a few people that I don't want to be public, I knew if I left the screenshot there people would ask for it.....
Old 10-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #8
Pandemonium
Experienced

I love the skin (NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEWING it is my fav )

Ta mate !!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and try this link
Elite Force Skin Tutorial

ps perhaps you should release it ???
There again mabe not !
Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:08 PM   #9
MB52
Veteran

Hmm, now that I think about I may have been wrong.. is it the stalker thats already with EF2s mp? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 12:27 AM   #10
FFLO
Experienced

Yeah the Stalker is a MP skin, but I thought the Lurker would make a cool one too. I think I may have to give up on this skin......its VERY playable but I dont think anyone would like it because, as of now, you can see which gun u r holding, where its firing, or IF its firing......

Pandemonium- You really aren't helping me keep the skin "out of public view".....lol dork...last time I let u be a beta tester...lol j/k
Old 10-31-2003, 11:43 AM   #11
Pandemonium
Experienced

Yawn , Sorry FFLO .. Please let me I am sorry
Shut up or I will kick your Beta ass

All the skin is is txt saying not for public viewing . With legs and arms ...??? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #12
DarkRelix
Casual

Quote:
I tried that, I changed it to use the "ladies of idryll" stance (I am at another comp now so I cant say exactly which I used) the screenshot model is ducked down but in game its completely upright........

The ladies of idryll stance is for in browser player setup, but if you want 2 change in game movment u could try the following. sample code add 2 or replace the following code:

$include models/char/player_weapon-male-animations.tik
$include models/char/shared_male-animations2.tik <-- change 2 models/char/shared_your-anim2.tik
animations models/char/drull/spacesuit-male
{
dm_idle dm-idle.ska
}

i added the ladies of idryll stance to the shared anim tiki just place in models/char/
here is the link= http://thedarkrelix.tripod.com/ef2/f...your-anim2.tik

[edit] also create folder models/char/base-male2 and
add dm-idle.ska here link http://thedarkrelix.tripod.com/ef2/forum/dm-idle.ska [edit]
warning i dont know if this will work.
DarkRelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 03:32 PM   #13
FFLO
Experienced

OMG thanks I will try, I am at work now, but as soon as I get home I will try it......Any ideas to remedy the weapon issue? Or the feet in the floor?
Old 10-31-2003, 06:27 PM   #14
FFLO
Experienced

I skipped over the "your-anim2.tik" part I wouldn't know how to begin......this is my first real skin.......not even really mine
how do I creat a new in game stance?
Old 10-31-2003, 07:27 PM   #15
DarkRelix
Casual

To create a new in game stance u need to change the $include models/char/shared_male-animations2.tik this file controls the walk, run, crouch and idle. u can try other animations by going threw the models/char/ folder looking 4 similar files.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:26 PM   #16
ShadowWatch
Experienced

Another problem may be that the Lurker model has no weapon hardpoints because all it does is hit people (well, it spits green goo too). That could be why you're not seeing any weapon, because the game doesn't know where to put it!
ShadowWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:15 PM   #17
FFLO
Experienced

DarkRelix-I am thick, please bear withe me....I clicked that link for the models/char/shared_your-anim2.tik and it just comes up as a mess of text on the screen (like a norm tik but unorganized) I also tried right clicking and "Save Target As" but it just comes up as shared_your-anim2.htm. Am I missing something? Like I said, I am sorry if thats a stupid Q....
Old 11-01-2003, 05:17 AM   #18
DarkRelix
Casual

I dont know y its showing up as html [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], so I added it all to zip file.
link here http://thedarkrelix.tripod.com/ef2/forum/your-files.zip it should work just unzip to base folder, also the stance only works if model is walking not running u can change it by editing the anim- file.
warning I still dont know if it will work.
If u want to, post your model file and i can look over it.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:52 AM   #19
FFLO
Experienced

ShadowWatch- Can I create weapon hard points? his arms already take the correct stand as if he is holding the gun.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:08 AM   #20
FFLO
Experienced

DarkRelix-What I am confused about, is if I make those folders, they are not in the pk3 right? So won't anyone who gets the skin have to create em? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 12:21 PM   #21
DarkRelix
Casual

Quote:
DarkRelix-What I am confused about, is if I make those folders, they are not in the pk3 right?
the folders are in pak20 but the ska is not in (models/char/base-male2), the anim-file links to base-male2 folder
Quote:
So won't anyone who gets the skin have to create em? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
you will create your own pk3 with the files, folders and your model then add 2 zip file if u want 2.

example pk3 structure

models/char/your_model_here.tik
models/char/shared_your-anim2.tik
models/char/base-male2/dm-idle.ska

then add them 2 zip file then your done.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #22
MB52
Veteran

If you get this skin working, I'd be willing to put it in my current map, when its done. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Seeing as the map is gonna be full of lurkers.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #23
FFLO
Experienced

I tried everything, so I've decided to release the lurker and the commander with known bugs.

Both stand upright instead of natural positions (although the commander looks pretty cool like that)

Both have an issue where their feet are not level with the ground, the feet are suken about 3 inches down.

You can not see which weapon you are holding nor can you see where you are aiming because you can not see the firing. Also others cannot see your gun.

***But on the plus side, both are working well otherwise and you can still shoot with both, you just have to know which gun you are using and improvise the aim.

You are welcome to include either in your map, but I don't want to make them exclusive to any map. I am finishing them up as we speak (adding taunts) and then I will release.
(Maybe) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #24
MB52
Veteran

Quote:
Also others cannot see your gun.

I think that could cause some problems...
Old 11-02-2003, 04:43 PM   #25
FFLO
Experienced

Its not so bad because you usually dont stop to see what they are shooting at you with, although sometimes it helps to know if you are being shot at by a sniper or a photon, since guns have dif properties....