Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 11-15-2003, 09:12 PM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default SPECIAL NEWS

Counter Strike Condition Zero Guide arrived at Gamestop just know. I am on my way to pick up a copy. Be back in a few.

Here is the info for u guys. Scroll way to the bottom of the screen.

So in other words Condition Zero will be out on tuesday as planned.

Cant Wait to play Deleted Scenes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch &keyword=counter+strike&foundin=0
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 02:30 AM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: SPECIAL NEWS

Quote:

Quote:
Availability: Pre-Release ETA: 12/15/03
Uh?
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Kevin...Put DOWN the crack pipe...Baaaack away slowly...

JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:07 PM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

Valve has not confirmed that it will be pushed back to december. if he has please give me the link.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:16 PM   #5
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Valve also didn't make any announcement about HL2 being delayed for another year until a week before it's Sept 30th release date.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:22 PM   #6
kevin442
Fanboy

Ya but valve said that Condition Zero has gone gold so any excuse they make up to delay it further will be lame.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:38 PM   #7
StalkeR
Rookie

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/a...article_170/4/

Quote:
The hail mary worked, and on November 18th Counter-Strike: Condition Zero will finally be released over Steam and in retail stores. It doesn't look like it will disappoint.
StalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #8
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Quote:
Counter Strike Condition Zero Guide arrived at Gamestop just know. I am on my way to pick up a copy. Be back in a few.

Cant Wait to play Deleted Scenes [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch &keyword=counter+strike&foundin=0
Does that guide fit into your CD drive?
JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:02 AM   #9
kanaeda
Veteran

saying it's gone gold, and actually shipping it to manufacturing are apparently two totally different things. i think it's pretty obvious that valve has no reservations about claiming one thing and doing soimething completely different.

btw, during our lunch-time trip to best buy... yeah, no CS:CZ anywhere to be found.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:03 AM   #10
kevin442
Fanboy

since i cant get to sleep i figured i would say that ign and homelan have reviews of CSX. im to lazy to put url.

Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 AM   #11
Automator
Veteran

ya, i was waiting for ign's review. They gave it a 7.9. They're usually on point with their reviews, and i usually wont buy a 7.9. I wasnt ever considering it. I just didn't think all these reviews were going to look at the graphics and sound and singleplayer. If CS just came out today for the pc i guess ign would give it a 7.9 also you know, because of all the variables and criteria they grade upon.
I guess the way he puts it makes sense though, here you go cause i know your all to lazy to go find it:

"Closing Comments:
Counter-Strike is a decent game if you take it for what it is. However, I couldn't help but feel disappointed that neither Ritual nor Valve nor Microsoft Game Studios seized the opportunity to make the Xbox version of Counter-Strike something more visually impressive and worthy of our attention. As it is, Counter-Strike doesn't offer an online shooter experience like Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Rainbow Six 3 where there are unique styles and gameplay subsystems to keep us interested. It just offers a straight ahead first person shooter that's made it over from PC in better shape than I could've predicted. It's just strange that the game that inspired so many evolutions of the FPS genre is now back again on Xbox competing with so many games of its own legacy.
You may have read this before, but Counter-Strike is a lot like Michael Jordan in a Wizards jersey. The greatness of the name is undeniable, but nowadays they're both merely competitive. This game is a must have like a 2002-2003 Jordan trading card."

"valve has no reservations about claiming one thing and doing soimething completely different"
so true, and they put this image like they are all about the community and such, not doing such a good job communicating now are we. they revealed some surprises and now they cant get anything done when they wanted to. valve is now officially in the hype buisness.
I'm sorry to say this, but i'm not so sure why everyone praises valve in the first place. I guess i just didn't like half-life that much anyway. So far, everything else with a valve logo on it wasnt even made by them. I'm looking forward to hl2 more for the mods and such then the game itself.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #12
kevin442
Fanboy

It has to come out in the next week cuz they cant update the game or add things cuz the strategy guide is already out so if they enhanced the game they would have to scrap all the strategy guides and start off fresh rewriting the guide. just my 14 cents
Old 11-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #13
Automator
Veteran

they didnt delay it to update, they already said updates are in the works to download through steam. I think steam still isnt ready to distribute the product. Vavle is all about the cash, plus at the current state it would probably f*ck up all our pings for at least a week strait.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #14
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Who ever wrote closing comments doesn't seem to understand that CS multiplayer anything BUT "straight ahead first person shooter". If it were, it would be called Quake3, but it isn't.

Also, the reason no one added specular highlights or shaders to the graphics for CSX is because the engine would need a complete rewrite to add special graphics features that are available in the latest unreal and quake engines. People forget... CS:CZ and CSX are built on the HL engine from 1998!
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #15
kanaeda
Veteran

that's right! because we all know strategy guide publishers dictate game development.
</sarcasm>

sorry kevin, but you really have no clue what you are talking about. you bought a strategy guide for a game that, quite honestly, shouldn't ever need one considering there have been Counter-Strike strategy guides on the shelf for a couple years now. Way to go!
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #16
kevin442
Fanboy

o ya i forgot to tell u i went to software ect. and they said that it was back ordered so i couldnt get my copy.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:43 PM   #17
Wolf8218
Veteran

haha there are like 10 copies for both games (yes the PC version also) at my best buy..
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 07:45 PM   #18
FLeK0
Regular

placeholder boxes?..
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #19
Wolf8218
Veteran

no no i mean the game....
not
i mean the guides
Old 11-19-2003, 08:55 PM   #20
kevin442
Fanboy

anything intresting in them wolf?
Old 11-19-2003, 09:01 PM   #21
xile
Regular

Ill use it as a place mat.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #22
Ice_Commando
Experienced

www.shacknews.com

Cliffe finally spoke up, still it's pretty vague, but atleast he says it will be out shortly.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 12:47 AM   #23
Wolf8218
Veteran

what? you expect me to read them?
i just saw them on the shelf while i was looking for some hardware..
Old 11-20-2003, 12:49 AM   #24
Wolf8218
Veteran

Quote:
IGNPC: There are also plenty of new items. Tell us a bit about some of the new equipment we'll be using in the game.

Jess Cliffe: In the Tour of Duty campaign and in Counter-Strike multiplayer, we've stuck to the Counter-Strike tradition of adding just a few items to keep the balance in check. Specifically, the Tour of Duty introduces the Shield Gun, Galil, and Famas rifles. In Deleted Scenes, there are a number of items added for specific types of gameplay. These include the blowtorch, radio-controlled bombs, and a fiber optic camera. Deleted Scenes also contains a few other weapons, such as the rocket launcher, which may find there way to the multiplayer game over time.

8-o
thats good, now all i have to do is keep my patience and use the cracked CZ player models!!!
Old 11-21-2003, 01:13 AM   #25
kevin442
Fanboy

games domain has csx review