Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 11-17-2003, 11:29 PM   #1
Wolf8218
Veteran

Default RELEASE CELEBRATI0N THREAD!!!

YAAAAY!!!
IM PRETTY SURE THIS GAME IS GONNA SUCK BUT ILL BUY IT ANYWAYS CAUSE ITS COUNTERSTRIKE YAAAAAAAY!!!!!
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Default Re: RELEASE CELEBRATI0N THREAD!!!

Anyone want to tell me what incentive there is to buy CZ? That new review already said that the SP game was just a string of lackluster botmatches, and that's coming from biased gamespy.
Also, I wouldn't be so sure it's coming out tomorrow-- I'm just waiting for valve to spring it on us the day of the release that it's been delayed again.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:00 AM   #3
Automator
Veteran

Ya, I'm dissapointed, I was waiting to see what would happen on steam at mid-night tonight, but it looks like nothing will happen. I'm not sure whats going on. And Valve keeping us in the dark is frustrating as hell.
I dont know about purchasing it myself. My cs is looking good with the updated models, and i know all those exclusive maps are going to be exclusive for ten minutes. I'll probably warez a copy. Ritual and Gearbox's plans were good enough for a stand-alone game, but this seems like an addon. And i feel used since Valve gave me the bots for a while and now wants me to pay for them. Don't hate warez, I've bought countless titles after warezing them. I can't rent PC games (wait, nm, i dont want a moral disscussion).
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:15 AM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

have fun celebrating since its not even out yet
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #5
Kalabalana
Veteran

yeah, no point celebrating when the game isn't out, and I had already decided before that I won't be buying the game. MAYBE I will if I need a cd key, but otherwise I won't, so I prob won't
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:49 PM   #6
MultiVaC
Regular

Hahaha... this is so sad it's funny... botmatch... delayed after going gold... lol. Man has Valve screwed this one up.
MultiVaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #7
FLeK0
Regular

or vivendi/sierra? what can Valve do with it after its done and sent to publishers?.
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 03:52 PM   #8
MultiVaC
Regular

Quote:
or vivendi/sierra? what can Valve do with it after its done and sent to publishers?.
Put it on Steam?
Old 11-18-2003, 05:37 PM   #9
FLeK0
Regular

yeah, they might do that. but look at Steams status page, it doesn't look `ready` for a big release. maybe they will put it on tomorrow? cause Waldo said they will update the v-gui in the next Steam update, and that should come with CZ, as Michael Booth said. we'll seeeee
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #10
Automator
Veteran

this is valves doing not vivendi/sierra. I'm more pissed that they wont tell us anything than the game not being out. i cant wait for another date from gabe for hl2, im gonna believe that.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:00 PM   #11
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Valve is being too quiet for it to be coming out today or tomorrow-- I'd say that december 15th is looking pretty good. I think it's actually a good thing, even though this is extremely unprofessional of valve to be telling fans that it went gold, then forgetting about it, and then not even mentioning it.
It looks like they're taking it back to add more content, I found it hard to believe that they wanted to sell it just for the bots to begin with.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:11 PM   #12
kevin442
Fanboy

Here is what i think shuld be added or should stay in cz

1. ALL of rituals missions
2. Rituals weapon and player models in multiplayer (ritual should go up there and get er done)
3. The Tony Hawk Mode (sumthin a little difrent to try imo)
4. More Exclusive maps for Multiplayer
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 08:41 PM   #13
MoonChild
Artist

can I say something?
VALVE suck.
thank you.
MoonChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #14
MachineX
Experienced

Hello, again! Well I finally got my ati radeon 9800 pro (128mb)!!!!!!!!!
Well, back on topic, Valve has pissed me off alot , as well as you all. What kind of company does this, and shows lack of anything to the community? About the games current status, well who really cares? I mean they took out everything you all wanted, unless they do actually put in some of the stuff they took out, who cares? I'm not saying people do/don't care, but would you really care for a game that does not impress you at all, and on top of it have to wait 3 years and counting! Well I obviously am not impressed with valve and do not care at all what they are going to do with it.
IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
Well nice posting again [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] see you in a while, good bye...
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #15
xile
Regular

If the game was ready to go it should be put out on steam if its sieras fault that doesnt matter it should be on steam. Thats what steam is for [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] to get rid of the publisher.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:36 PM   #16
StalkeR
Rookie

This is major Bullshit, I am buying CZ no matter what. My old copy of CS got destroyed and now the game has been delayed. So I have to wait untill Valve get's their act together and releases.

They didn't even comment on CZ, they are hoping that no one found out that they screwed up again. They try to make everyone look that the fact that they released CSX on time instead.

Honestly first they switch developers like 5 times,
then they remove the high models which everyone wanted for CZ,
Then they have no more of a real Story,
Now they delayed a game which has gone Gold.

PS: CZ won't be avaible for you to download on steam if that's what you though. Only buyers get CZ material. CZ is the same as CS.
StalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:44 PM   #17
Wolf8218
Veteran

yes, it will..
you can buy it online and it lets you download it...
Old 11-19-2003, 12:06 AM   #18
MultiVaC
Regular

Quote:
This is major Bullshit, I am buying CZ no matter what. My old copy of CS got destroyed and now the game has been delayed. So I have to wait untill Valve get's their act together and releases.

They didn't even comment on CZ, they are hoping that no one found out that they screwed up again. They try to make everyone look that the fact that they released CSX on time instead.

Honestly first they switch developers like 5 times,
then they remove the high models which everyone wanted for CZ,
Then they have no more of a real Story,
Now they delayed a game which has gone Gold.

PS: CZ won't be avaible for you to download on steam if that's what you though. Only buyers get CZ material. CZ is the same as CS.
Do you have your old CD key? Cause if you do, you're entitled CS, TFC, DMC, OP4, DoD and HL free over Steam. And Ricochet, whatever the hell that is. Of course it will probably take you a couple of weeks to get it working and you'll be subject to any "beta" patches that Valve coughs up, but whatever.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:52 PM   #19
Kalabalana
Veteran

Quote:
Here is what i think shuld be added or should stay in cz

1. ALL of rituals missions
2. Rituals weapon and player models in multiplayer (ritual should go up there and get er done)
3. The Tony Hawk Mode (sumthin a little difrent to try imo)
4. More Exclusive maps for Multiplayer
tony hawk mode is turtle rock studio's thing, we can't add any exclusive maps because the engine isn't modified anymore, also the cz missons were kinda bad.
Ritual DID make amazing graphics and sounds though, valve should've kept all that.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #20
Automator
Veteran

i think once the game comes out alot of people are gonna copy the weapons files over. I have been using them ever sice i got ahold of cz. I have had some custom weapons before, but only for a couple of days. All of these models are awesome, and are easy to move to. The only thing i took out are the gun shot sounds, it helps me to not think about the new models and i still feel like im playing cs, not something new. Also some of the sounds get choppy with the rate of fire (whats up with that, they cut out when too many are played in a short period of time) and the silenced m4a1 gives me a disadvantage since its so soft.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:05 AM   #21
kanaeda
Veteran

my guess is the choppy sounds are an unfortunate side-effect of the engine being forced to down-sample the new sound files. If i remember correctly the new sounds are 16-bit, possibly 22 khz. the quake engine doesn't really like anything other than 8-bit, 11 khz sounds.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:44 PM   #22
Wolf8218
Veteran

Hmm, i don't get that effect on my sounds, its just that its to quiet and it gives me a disadvantage :-(
Old 11-24-2003, 07:34 PM   #23
Automator
Veteran

ya, i forget what gun(s) its on. I just remember hearing it, my cousin gets the same thing. It might be my sound card, but i've never had problems before. (2yo soundblaster)