Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 04-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
Benji_boi

Default Need Serious Help

I got mulitplie questions. I am really dumb when it comes to this type of stuff. My first map, I am making, U.S.S Explorer, for my RPG Group. Anyways, heres my questions:

1.I am making a ready room, and I want the following done:
-A Button Trigger next to the door that opens it. (I dont understand how to do that)
-And A door Bell. I got the main button ready to go, but from then on Im TOTALLY lost.
2.How can I make object solid? I do the CLIP ALL on them after i select them, but they dont do a thing.

Help would be great! Thx,

Ben Borne
www.starfleetrp.tk
Benji_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
UEF_Shadow
Rookie

Default Re: Need Serious Help

For the button next to door thing you don'y really need a button. The door can open automatically when you approach.
Though if you want to use a button for it you'll need a script i think..
This tutorial: http://www.btinternet.com/~tarnblade/doors.htm Give plenty of information on doors. For making the door bell sound just drop a sound>speaker and add the path of the sound you want it to be.. For the turning on when someone enters , I don't know how to do. Clipall is just an invisible forcefield, but making a brush/patch Clipall should work.. Is your brush detail? That may be what's causing it but I'm not sure.
UEF_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

For the door, you have to make a brush and make it a trigger->use then link it to the door.

For the clip all thing, you dont select the objects then make them clip all you have to make new brushes around them, then give these new brushes a texture of clip all.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:25 PM   #4
Benji_boi

Alright, its starting to make some sense now! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Benji_boi is offline   Reply With Quote