Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 04-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #1
Krantzstone

Default Save games not being recognized

I recently had a bit of trouble with my computer and so I reinstalled Windows 98SE. Now everything works fine, except that when I boot up Elite Force 2, it no longer recognizes that I have any saved games (even though I was pretty far into the game when I reinstalled).

At first I thought that the saved games somehow got wiped, but I checked the save directory, and they're still there. The game just doesn't seem to recognize them as saved EF2 sessions. I haven't moved the files or any part of that directory tree in any way, before or after the reinstall of Windows, so I really don't know what's wrong or what happened.

While the game is fun and all, I really wanted to try running through the game on Normal, and to lose all that work I did running through the game, kind of annoys me.

Anyone know what's wrong, or can give me a solution to my problem? Anyone encounter this same problem? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Krantzstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
Luke80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Luke80
Default Re: Save games not being recognized

This should be in the Tech help forum, but never mind.
Have you got the V1.1 patch?
That mucks up your current save games. The files may be currupt. If you need to, I'm sure that some members will share save games. Try to start a new game and use the "maplist" command to open up the map that you were on.
Sorry, that is all of the answers I can give, but I'll see what I can do. Anyone else have suggestions?

Luke 80 / Luke 20.
Chief Mapper, scripter & designer of "The Return of the Empty Crown" A MOD of EF2.

End Transmission.
Luke80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Luke80
Veteran

Oh, and I notice that this is your first post. Welcome to the Ritualistic Forums. If you need any help with the Single Player missions, just PM me, or post a new thread.

Thanks.

End Transmission.
Old 04-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Do you have to log in to use your computer? If so, the savegames are located in base\save\yourloginname. If your login name is different from what it was before the reinstall, the savegames won't be recognized. I suppose you could try saving a game now and see which subdirectory it ends up in. If it's in a different directory, just move your other savegames over and see what happens. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:10 AM   #5
Luke80
Veteran

I only have one log on name. Would'nt know about that.

End Transmission.