Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-20-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
jimmyjoebob
Rookie

Default When are the missing missions being released

I'm very frustrated with this, I waisted 39.99+tax because I thought it would have the good missions. Valve stated that they are releasing the best missions from ritual's CZ but the truth is that all the best missions were left out, what we recieved was, and I quote '... An outdated build of CZ...'. All the missions we recieved were all the ones that were leaked, and no I didn't dl the leak I asked my friend to play his just to see what some missions will be and all the missions were the same as what was leaked. I dunno about you but I spent my money for the best missions not something I already saw/been there/done that.
jimmyjoebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #2
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Default Re: When are the missing missions being released

Umm... well it's true that SOME missions are missing, but I don't think you wasted your money....the Ritual content is still good and stands up well, and the ToD section is pretty challenging...

Oh yes... and I had a "friend" that downloaded it too....hahahahaha

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #3
Kalabalana
Veteran

valve is deciding on releasing new models for many things in cz, apparently the wordl thinks cz sucks, and valve (omfg) is actually gonna do something about it
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:55 PM   #4
BrushBaron
Level Designer

You are pissed because you looked at illegally leaked content and then expected to have new, never before seen content when you bought the game?

It doesn't work that way. Lesson to be learned from this... don't look at screenshots/movies of previews, reviews, betas, etc before you actually buy the game. Of course you should read the reviews to make sure you are buying what you want but you spoiling the game isn't Valve or Ritual's fault.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:17 AM   #5
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Amen Brushbaron

I posted a somewhat stronger version of that on the Steam boards, but it got deleted :-)

However, Cliffe has been trawling those boards recently and this is just one of his offerings -

"These are all really good ideas. We are working to update CZ. We also have a few items that you haven't listed that I think you'll like.

We'll discuss more about this in public in the coming weeks.

Thanks,

J. Cliffe
VALVe"

...and yes, it was posted by him :-)

Patience Grasshoppers..... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers for now

Old 04-21-2004, 04:06 PM   #6
Lavis

Egggggggggggselent sounds good. hopefully we get to see things like the gas grenade, and hopefully the missing maps & models
Lavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
jimmyjoebob
Rookie

lol, yes... But Kiltron you made cz_miami, you know how goodthe real ritual missions are. Aren't you a little steamed that you did all that hard work and none will get to play it?

Oh, almost forgot, three questions... 1; Does ritual's version have ragdoll and 2; is the LAW and all the items scripts or are they actual coded weapons? and finaly 3; what are the models in the player folder in DS that have m1_ in their name for? They seem to be player models. Are they(were they) designed for ritual's engine's multiplayer?
jimmyjoebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
kanaeda
Veteran

1. no - just some really clever animations that simulate a ragdoll effect

2. they are coded items, the LAW being a weapon, but they are handled through a special trigger system added during the CS:CZ development at Ritual. They are SP *only* items.

3. not sure what models you are refering to. did you try opening one up in a model viewer program? there was no special 'ritual's engine multiplayer'. the MP side of Condition Zero has always been the standard CS mod, wrapped into a different package and using a slightly different .exe file.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #9
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Quote:

3. not sure what models you are refering to. did you try opening one up in a model viewer program? there was no special 'ritual's engine multiplayer'. the MP side of Condition Zero has always been the standard CS mod, wrapped into a different package and using a slightly different .exe file.
The models he means are present in the czeror/models/player folder... m1-arctic.mdl, m1-gign.mdl, m1-guerilla.mdl and m1-urban.mdl. They are only about 700kb each and only contain one type of head/body texture unlike the others that have from 2 to 5 different styles...

Perhaps they are another example of files that have not been removed when the game was released...

Cheers for now
Old 05-01-2004, 03:59 AM   #10
J_D_Givaphuk
Rookie

No has answered the question:

1. Will the missing mission be released and if so then

2. when?
J_D_Givaphuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:47 PM   #11
CZPlayer

Currently Deleted Scenes has 12 missions.

24 Were Originally Planned.
CZPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #12
kanaeda
Veteran

ya know, i bet those are the stripped down versions of the standard models that were designed for use with the tank model. of course, i'm just speculating based on the file name.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:48 AM   #13
J_D_Givaphuk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by J_D_Givaphuk:
No has answered the question:

1. Will the missing mission be released and if so then

2. when?
No one seems to be answering me which makes me thing that they will release the rest but it's supposed to be a suprise!

SUPRISE! NEW CZ MISSIONS!

jeeeze, I even scared the crap out of myself when I read that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
J_D_Givaphuk is offline   Reply With Quote