Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 09-01-2004, 05:23 AM   #1
Michele
Regular

Default Editing problems/questions

I have some questions:

-I have some problems with some sequences and dialogs. I'm using the standard HL entities (without external script), but not always the result is what i wont. I have setup two npc, each nps speak some phrases, and when the dialog end, both go trough a door at the other side of the room. But one npc stays in place, and when the dialog end start walking; the other start walking when level start (the level change is near the trigger that start the scripted_sentences of the dialogue) instead of waking after the dialogue. This problem can be caused by the fact that i don't use an external sequence file?
And, there is a documentation on how to use sequence files?

-We are allowed to modify things (models/wads...) from Czero? I mean, there is a laptop.mdl, i will change a bit, adding an active screen instead of the black one; and i will change some allied/enemy models. Of course, they not replace the standard models, but i'll add to it (i.e. the new laptop will be laptop2.mdl...)

-I have made some _detail.txt files for some missions (Thinice, Recoil, Lostcause). Can i release for the public? And, there is a place where i can upload?

EDIT: Ah, another thing: I've noticed that in some maps some entities are made by models and not by brushes. All the entities can do this, or only few of them?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
kanaeda
Veteran

Default Re: Editing problems/questions

Scripting *anything* in the HL engine is a challenge. The less possible outside interruptions, the more consistent the results (notice all the cool cinematic scripted bits in HL are behind a window or a door). What specifically is causing the problem is really hard to say. The reason we moved a lot of sequences like that to an external file is that it was easier to adjust the timing for events and re-test in the game. I wouldn't think this is caused by *not* using a scripted_sequence. Probably more along the lines of making sure the timing is set right on all the triggers and that an event isn't being fired while another is still in progress. Formal documentation for scripted_Sequence entities/files - don't know that it exists.

Modification of existing assets - I personally don't see why this would be a problem. At the same time, I'm not a lawyer so the specifics are beyond me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Detail texture files - are these just the .txt files for the recently released missions? There isn't any kind of mass public upload location. You would need to find somewhere/someone to host the downloadable files for you.

Some entities were specifically modified to support using a .mdl instead of standard brush geometry.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
Michele
Regular

I have just made detail file for some missions released with the retail version of CZero. I have made it for Thin Ice, Building Recon (almost done), Lost Cause, Recoil. I have made them just for myself; but maybe i can upload to CSCZfiles.

For the use of models on func_entities; for example a func_breckable can be made with a model?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:23 AM   #4
kanaeda
Veteran

off-hand I really don't remember what specifically we had modified to support mdl files. the easiest way to find out is try using the model/path_to_mdl_file key/value pair on certain entities and see what happens. I don't think there were too many that we changed.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote