Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 06-21-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
Unicron
Rookie

Default CZ Miami

Has anyone converted cs_miami i noticed its on the xbox and just wondered if anyone has managed to get it working on cz because i heard that it was on the cd rom
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
dead_bwoy
Casual

Default Re: CZ Miami

I'm betting it'll be in the next update coming this week!
dead_bwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #3
EGAMAN
Rookie

no unless they fix miami memory leak it will not be realeased
i know this cuz i got the lost map pack from a russian site lol
and bots are stupid on miami
EGAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 PM   #4
dead_bwoy
Casual

It has been confirmed by Cliffe @ VALVe that miami will be released for deleted scenes. I believe you're refering to the mp miami (leaked) which is not being released.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #5
HmmBrd
Regular

Send a message via MSN to HmmBrd

Lost Map Pack?
HmmBrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #6
dead_bwoy
Casual

This lost multiplayer map pack was leaked and is considered warez by VALVe.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #7
EGAMAN
Rookie

cliffe said they will release the maps on some update [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i know about mem leak theres thousounds of leaks in that level LOL
Old 07-26-2004, 07:04 PM   #8
EGAMAN
Rookie

ya a long time ago on the steam forums some guy wanted lost maps and cliffe himself said that they will be out in a condition zero update :P
Old 07-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #9
dead_bwoy
Casual

yea theyve slowly been releasing updated versions of the lost maps, for mp and for sp (DS). They're keeping the names too, so when you try to join the official updated released vostok and you have the old leaked version still on your maps folder, you will be denied entrance to the server for not having the same version of the map. Be patient and alot of those maps will eventually be released... recently added was corruption and truth. I'd imagine that all official ds maps will get an official mp version as well. That IS just a guess though.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:51 AM   #10
Kalabalana
Veteran

I don't think the sp maps will be released as mp. Tranditional sp map set up isn't mp friendly I think, way too big and linear
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 05:36 AM   #11
Automator
Veteran

I think he's reffering to them releasing the deleted scene version and the mp map version. Miami has both a deleted scene and a mp map.

The "lost map pack" is probably just the maps taken from the leak, not anything special. The reason the bots suck on it is because valve hasn't released the nav file for miami, so they view it as a custom map.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:07 AM   #12
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Automator:
The reason the bots suck on it is because valve hasn't released the nav file for miami, so they view it as a custom map.
Actually, the nav file I have ... um... I mean.. have seen is place painted etc... I think it is actually an "official" one...and dated accordingly...

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #13
dead_bwoy
Casual

I can guarantee that the nav file for cs_miami_cz is NOT official. Official nav files are made by Turtle Rock Studios or VALVe exclusively once the "official" map has been released via steam. The DS sp version of the map "cz_mizmi" is out, however cs_miami_cz (the mp version) is still a leaked / warez version.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:10 PM   #14
kanaeda
Veteran

hmmm that's odd. i seem to remember generating route files for our custom mp maps while at Ritual...

if the copy of the .bsp is from the old leaked version of CZ/DS, then there's a very good chance that the route file is legit but outdated compared to the final version of the bots and route generation code.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #15
SpItoS
Rookie

You think there is a chance cs_miami_cz will ever be released for multiplayer? I think if it's on xbox it should be on pc too...
SpItoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #16
kanaeda
Veteran

That is entirely up to Valve. My understanding is that they released de_corruption in a recent update; this was an X-Box exclusive map at the time so there is a decent chance that cs_miami will also show up in the future.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
SpItoS
Rookie

What maps are on xbox now that arent on pc?
SpItoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #18
kanaeda
Veteran

Not sure which one's might be left to be released. Vostok is out for pc, along with corruption. Not sure what other 'exclusive' maps were shipped for the XBox. Those might be the only two, with the updated/re-vamped versions of older maps like dust and aztec rounding out the list.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #19
Xenogenetic
Addict

there is this one server i play on a lot and it has a map called cz_miami which is almost exactly like the CZS mission, which means fun and exciting
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #20
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by dead_bwoy:
I can guarantee that the nav file for cs_miami_cz is NOT official. Official nav files are made by Turtle Rock Studios or VALVe exclusively once the "official" map has been released via steam. The DS sp version of the map "cz_mizmi" is out, however cs_miami_cz (the mp version) is still a leaked / warez version.
Regardless as to whether or not the nav I have (seen!) is from either Ritual or TR or Valve... it is place painted like only a small amount of the ones that came with the leak... (i.e. it was a finished level, unlike Bridge or Penal etc) but it is definately from one of the official software houses if not officially released....

I only noticed the painting after the update which enabled those Radio command things... (Rusty@Long Hall etc)

Anyway... here's hoping that Miami gets released soon enough... it's a cracker of a level...

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote