Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 09-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #1
Grantax
Casual

Default Solid Illustrations and models..

On kiltron's Trainrun the models (Wagon Connectors) and func_illusions are solid, i've tried to copy them to my map, but they're still not solid..
Grantax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:15 AM   #2
Michele
Regular

Default Re: Solid Illustrations and models..

Func_illusionary are not-solid enities, usually they are used to make visible but passable trough things, like light beams....
I think, but i may wrong, that the wagon connector are made by models, using the item_generic entity. Since those models are not solid, you have to use the clip texure to nearly cover the shape of the model, so the player can walk over it.
Or, better, use a func_wall entity covered with a metal texture, with rendermode "texture" and Fx amount to 0 (zero).

P.s. yes, the item_generic model for the wagon connector is train_coupler.mdl
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
Grantax
Casual

Weird, his rail's are func_illusionary, and you can't walk through them, or the decompiler have done something wrong, but i doubt that, can i shoot through the clip thing, and how do i make it?
The wagon where the helicopter attacks, is made of func_wall, why can i then shoot through the holes?
Grantax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:47 AM   #4
Michele
Regular

Now i can't look at this map; but from what i remember the rails (and the scenery) are made by a func_conveyor, that generally is solid, if the "not solid" flag is not checked.

Kiltron's scenery is made basically by a big func_conveyor (the main "valley", where the train run), another func_conveyor for the rails.
The bridge, some rocks, the trees and the wood fence are func_trains (probably the trees are a func_train with models instead of brushes)

Quote:
Originally posted by Grantax:
and how do i make it?
The wagon where the helicopter attacks, is made of func_wall, why can i then shoot through the holes?
Mmm... can you explain better what are you doing?
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote