Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #26
Michele
Regular

Default Re: func_train stopping

Oh, sorry again. I've thinked that you need a simple sound editing program.
Googling the web i've found this:

http://www.readplease.com/english/do...dex.php#rp2003

Or this.

http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #27
Grantax
Casual

The mission is now complete, but i have to fix many things;
1. The bomb timer, the Not Toggled thing didn't work, it still stops before it's supposed to
2. I have many train loops (all the same with the same name) in the tunnel, game_playerspawn (multi_manager) trigger them, but some of the stops 1 second after the game starts
3. I have a leak, as i have explained, it's the path corners
Grantax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:41 AM   #28
Grantax
Casual

4. Those sounds doesn't sound real, where did Kiltroy get his sounds? (Speech)

Edit: It would be cool if Kiltroy made an own Worldmap (Even i know how to do it) but he has to few missions, maybe a worldmap with the best custom made missions
Old 10-04-2004, 10:23 AM   #29
kevin442
Fanboy

for the record its Kiltron [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I saw kiltroy and i was like what???? lol

Do you have an estimated release date for your map? and what is it called?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:00 PM   #30
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Grantax:
4. Those sounds doesn't sound real, where did Kiltroy get his sounds? (Speech)

Edit: It would be cool if Kiltroy made an own Worldmap (Even i know how to do it) but he has to few missions, maybe a worldmap with the best custom made missions
What sounds are you referring to? Kiltron usually makes his own speech. But sometimes gets others to help :-)

The Worldmap is easy and I and Kiltron have made various versions. The problem is that the DS missions are hard coded into the dll so even though you can make your missions show up on the World Map, you can't select them...

Oh yeah, and what Kevin said... when's it out? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:11 PM   #31
Michele
Regular

Well, Grantax, you may need people to do some voice acting, maybe you can ask your friends or parents...
But, playing around with the 2th link i've found, yes most of the time the phrases aren't good (but i'dont expect that a pc progam do good things of this type), sometimes, if you put brief phrases like "Yes sir!" or "Ok, i'll follow you" the result are not too bad.

For the map leak, i suggesto to try putting the path_corners first into the map space (path_corners are invisible), see if it work, and, eventually outside the map.

When i have tried your problem map i've moved the path corner into the map, and i get the entities working and no leaks.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:04 AM   #32
Grantax
Casual

The Texture light's are func_trains because i can't have a light entity that's a func_train, did it work, did they light up a bit?
I'm norwegian, and i'm not speeking english very well, but in the worldmap, it was hard to place the mission where i wanted it, and i couldn't get it 'enabled'.
Example: If i want the mission in the middle of norway, i can't take a screenshot, paste it into paint, and then see what 'coordinates' i get when i point over norway, so how do i find it out exactly?

Edit: Don't expect so much, but the map will maybe be finished tomorrow, but i don't know how to fix the sounds...
(Bomb Timer, Train Loops)

EDIT:OMG!!! Func_Conveyor is an entity, and then it's a leak, right? Because the whole tunnel is made of Func_Conveyor

...And i just named it SubTrain, because i'm not good to find good names for anything...
Old 10-05-2004, 11:18 AM   #33
Michele
Regular

Yes, the func_train light (if you use a light texture on it) can bring light.
But, keep in mind that , once the map is compiled, the light projected on a static wall appear in the same place, even if the light source is moving.
If the light is projected on a scrolling wall (like a func_conveyor) you have to adjust the speed of the func_conveyor and the func _trains to match each other, otherwise it look weird.

Yes, anything that has func_ in the name is an entity, and must placed into the map, otherwise you get the leak error.

When i'm at home i'll try to make some example maps that can help you better than the words; and i'll put on the TWHL site.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #34
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Grantax:
I'm norwegian, and i'm not speeking english very well, but in the worldmap, it was hard to place the mission where i wanted it, and i couldn't get it 'enabled'.
Example: If i want the mission in the middle of norway, i can't take a screenshot, paste it into paint, and then see what 'coordinates' i get when i point over norway, so how do i find it out exactly?
Well, if you do what I did, just make a new entry onto the map, then alter one of the existing locations by 10 on each axis, then see where it ends up!!

i.e. start with Lost Cause

"xpos" "479"
"ypos" "188"

then alter them to various positions until you are happy with it :-)

Cheers for now

<edit>

PS - How about just calling it "Subway" or even "Metro" if you want to sound cosmopolitan :-)
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #35
Grantax
Casual

I knew something was bad with having texture light moving, so when the light move, the light source will still be the same place?

It doesn't look like a subway really, i guess those who downloaded it (Michele) saw that i just chose the scroll textures i found..

My point is, if i covered a hole with an entity, it would still be a leak, so when the whole shit is made of an entity, it would be a leak, right?
Old 10-06-2004, 04:09 AM   #36
Michele
Regular

In any case, no enitities can touch the void, the space outside the map. I think that the best thing you can do is to enclose the func_conveyor into a room (not too more big of the tunnel); with this way you get rid of the leak problem.

Yes if you cover an hole with an entity, you get a leak. Holes must closed with world brushes, not entities.

Anyway, i have made a tunnel example; probably this morning i'll put on the TWHL site.

For the texture usage, you can take some from the Ritual's "Fastline" map, extract them with wally, change the name adding a scroll prefix (this allow the engine to scroll the texture, otherwise not) and recompile them into a new small wad.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:27 AM   #37
Grantax
Casual

I've tried to put big brushes around the tunnel so i got read of the leak, but then i get Brush outside world.
Please help

And yes, i knew that if i put SCROLL in front of name of a texture like SCROLLwater then it will scroll..

Old 10-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #38
Michele
Regular

This is how i have tried to make a subway tunnel:

http://cariad.co.za/twhl/mapvault_map.php?id=2122

Notice that my tunnel is made with func_trains, much like Ritual did for the end of Silo mission, when you go out of the base with the truck.

But for some reasons i get the problem of the distance, (seems that Ritual have found the way to solve it), so i have placed all the func_trains at the middle of the map in order to work right.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:04 PM   #39
Grantax
Casual

only thing i got problem with what the wads for subway2...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:04 PM   #40
Michele
Regular

Sorry, it use fastline.wad and another wad that i have in my pc (at home). But you can open the subway2.rmf with hammer and compile yourself (probably there is only few missing texture, and it can be quickly replaced). on my pc took 1.5 minuts to compile (with normal rad and no vis).
Just replace the lights texture with another that you like, and be sure to put the texture name you use also on the info_texlight entity.
Sorry for any inconvenience, tomorrow i'll update the map with texture embedded.

BTW, this map was intended to show how set up the entities, and how they work.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #41
Grantax
Casual

what does info_texlight do?

Well, i could make a new tunnel, because i only need to copy my train over...
Old 10-07-2004, 05:05 AM   #42
Michele
Regular

With my tunnel, the only thing is that the start and the end are a black wall, so they don't look right. Just, ensure that player stays in waggon that has only side windows, and eventually doors beetween waggons. Because putting the fog (as Kiltron and other level designer do) into a subway tunnel is a bit unrealistic.

Info_texlight is a point entity, that allow you to specify what textue will emit light.
Just put into the map, turn on Smart edit button and add the texture that you want to emit light, also you have to specify the color and the brightness, like the normal point light.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:30 AM   #43
Grantax
Casual

yeah, i though that if it was dark enough, it would look realistic enough..
Old 10-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #44
Michele
Regular

Bear in mind, Grantax, that i don't want to force you to use my method. Is just made to show how to...

Probably the best indoor train ride made with func_conveyor is in Poke646, take a look if you have it.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:03 PM   #45
Grantax
Casual

what is poke646?
Old 10-08-2004, 06:33 AM   #46
Grantax
Casual

I've made a new tunnel (0 LEAKS!!) and have made a new wad with SCROLL in the texture name, but ingame, it wont scroll, i've Tied it to func_conveyor entity, do you see anything wrong here:

The ground, 'ceiling' and walls are bound into ONE func_conveyor
Old 10-08-2004, 11:26 AM   #47
Michele
Regular

The underscore _ don't go in the name; look at the others, i.e. scrollwater don't have the underscore in the name.

Poke646 is a mod, probably the best single player mod for half-life. Check it out, it has a cool story and is wery well done. The author, Marc Shroeder has worked on some map for condition zero when it was in Gearbox's hands.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:31 PM   #48
Grantax
Casual

look in the right upper corner, that texture has an underscore, and i used that for my old tunnel..
Old 10-09-2004, 05:27 AM   #49
Michele
Regular

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2004, 04:22 PM   #50
Grantax
Casual

and anyway i don't think it check's what after the scroll, just if scroll is in the beginning of the name, but i had Render Mode on Normal (Solid is the Previous tunnel) so i'll try that soon, after i've played some counter-strike source [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Obviously that didn't work, i don't know what could be wrong, i've not given it any name, so it doesn't have to be triggered...