Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 PM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default cz owners get to beta test cs:source :)

front page of steampowered says it all. we wont get to try it until later this summer. cz keeps getting better and better as it looks.
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #2
Automator
Veteran

Default Re: cz owners get to beta test cs:source :)

Oh I hate you lol. I want that beta!
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
kevin442
Fanboy

get cz man (steam version)
Old 07-08-2004, 02:46 AM   #4
Xenogenetic
Addict

Ritual was the only reason i bought CZ and now valve finally made it worth it. BUUUUTUTTTUTUTUTUTUT if you wanna play before us valve says that it will be released to the cyber kafays first.
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:10 AM   #5
Automator
Veteran

i like how they dont give a date. there just like "go buy cz cause later you can play source" lol.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:56 PM   #6
HmmBrd
Regular

Send a message via MSN to HmmBrd

Aren't we lucky!!! We'll get to check CS Source out... We'd need a date, to when the release will take place.
HmmBrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:13 PM   #7
kevin442
Fanboy

good luck trying to get a date out of valve. if they do give one out, push it back a month or so
Old 07-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #8
HmmBrd
Regular

Yeah! Like Half-Life2 no definite date on that yet! It will probably end up like CS:CZ was held up like a year & half later. But then again did a great job on it!
Old 07-09-2004, 07:50 PM   #9
Automator
Veteran

"we were planning on delivering the game to Sierra in August...to the best of our admittedly weak planning abilities, we are looking at August"

-Gabe Newell
Old 07-09-2004, 11:57 PM   #10
HmmBrd
Regular

What happens now Sierra no longer exist?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 AM   #11
Automator
Veteran

I don't know what you're asking. Valve is saying they got weak planning abilities but at the moment are shooting to get a release candidate to Sierra/Vivendi sometime in August. Valve is gonna release the games on Steam, but they still have to go through Sierra/Vivendi (vivendi is sierra's parent company) for all the regular cd/box games.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:20 PM   #12
Automator
Veteran

im guessing you guys all checked this out before on planethalflife but its funny. cs:s beta will only have de_dust (mostlikely, only one map for sure). I'm not that upset now. No cz for me.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:56 PM   #13
Wolf8218
Veteran

Meh, you know what? I've downloaded HL2 source leak with a few ported maps from CS 1.6, so it can be done, I just don't know if the quality of the user-made maps will be the same.
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #14
Automator
Veteran

True, I wonder how there gonna handle that. True it wouldn't be like the awesome looking dust2 or aztec, but I would go nuts only playing dust.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:02 AM   #15
Kalabalana
Veteran

pure [censored] bullshit, giving it to cz owners? you have got to be [censored] kidding me, I know it's a pacifier and all, but no experienced cs players will be in on this beta testing, VERY annoying, I was ACTUALLY debating whether or not to buy cz for this beta testing
I was actually thinking I should pay this $40 or so to get in on beta testing, not because I wanted to play the game.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #16
dead_bwoy
Casual

you can find it now for like $25 and you get CZ which has both mp and sp modes and the sp only CZS. CSBot is essentially the sp side of czero, tour of duty. I thought my $30 through steam presale was well worth the $$$. I've been playin this like crack, and by the way, I started playing back in the 1.5 days when everything worked perfectly... got my CS from target for like $20-$25, which also got me the whole half-life series available through steam (CS1.6). I feel $50 is worth the 8 or more mods that I actually play on this engine. Kept me entertained countless hours for about 3 years straight now... I got alot for my money!
dead_bwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #17
SpItoS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalabalana:
pure [censored] bullshit, giving it to cz owners? you have got to be [censored] kidding me, I know it's a pacifier and all, but no experienced cs players will be in on this beta testing, VERY annoying, I was ACTUALLY debating whether or not to buy cz for this beta testing
I was actually thinking I should pay this $40 or so to get in on beta testing, not because I wanted to play the game.
If I were you I'd shut up. Just come play CZ and you'll see there are a lot more experienced players then you think. That was a useless post... Think next time you post instead of acting like a kid.
SpItoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 07:35 PM   #18
HmmBrd
Regular

I have to agree with SpItoS 'cause when I bought CZ, I didn't know, no one did that CS Source was going to be released beta to us... And think again by saying non-experience players... BULL
Old 07-27-2004, 02:47 AM   #19
Kalabalana
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SpItoS:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kalabalana:
If I were you I'd shut up. Just come play CZ and you'll see there are a lot more experienced players then you think. That was a useless post... Think next time you post instead of acting like a kid.
I PLAY cz, I have it, but didn't buy it, so from my PLAYING EXPERIENCE on the CZ servers, people who OWN cz SUCK (on average)
Old 07-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #20
HmmBrd
Regular

Sorry if I offended you in any way. But now i understand what you mean, that also exist in CS servers to.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:13 AM   #21
Kalabalana
Veteran

np, just wanted you all to know the original post came from my pesonal experience
Old 07-28-2004, 03:11 PM   #22
SpItoS
Rookie

That's cool but you have to agree that there are a lot more of non-experienced players in cs 1.6 since it's public and almost everyone can get a steam cd-key really cheap so all the new players almost play 1.6... I seriously find that players are more mature in cz.
SpItoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #23
Automator
Veteran

Kala and majority of league players stick to cs. Leagues aren't using cz so why bother.

"Mature" players who are looking for something more, like the new models, bots, whatever are playing cz.

There is nothing wrong with them or the input that they give valve for cs: source except that it excludes the input from the first bracket of players.

valve might be making some changes like no boosting in source. All the joe shmoe cz guys might be like "yeah, thats unrealistic and people stack in spawn and piss me off blah blah blah" while the league players might say "crap now i wont be able to get to those sweet spots or boost to plant the bomb."

This might not be what Kala is saying but it's my thoughts. I personally don't care much on the subject. I think it suck that valve is thinking with their wallets cause i dont get in on the beta, but i can see their reasoning. I'm sure cz sales will soar once the beta comes out.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #24
dead_bwoy
Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by Automator:
Leagues aren't using cz so why bother.

http://czleague.net/index.php?div=cz...ction=teamlist
http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ladder.php?ladder=26
dead_bwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:03 PM   #25
Automator
Veteran

let me rephrase: Most leagues aren't using cz. Basically, anyone set in there cs ways ins't likely to pick up cz. Anyone in a clan or leagues that use cs aren't likely. Whatever. I'm starting at best buy soon so maybe i can snag a key.