Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 06-14-2004, 04:38 AM   #1
enemydown

Default online co-op DS

Hi, first post!

Any chance of Deleted Scenes being modified to allow
online co-op play?

and the mappers could make mission mappacks like sven!
would be sweet..

later [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
enemydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
dead_bwoy
Casual

Default Re: online co-op DS

Yo Ritual!
Is this possible?
Funny story, I was editing cz_recoil.bsp to add more spawn points and weapon drops to allow the map to support mp play. I noticed one of the target names: **ck_you_valve... lmao! rofl! Who made that map? hahah
I also need to figure out how to add more terrorist enemies as well! Any help or a pointer to a good site greatly appreciated!
DEAD
dead_bwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Kiltron
Casual

cz_ritual.bsp?

You mean cz_recoil.bsp..................
Kiltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:35 AM   #4
dead_bwoy
Casual

heheh, yea... thanks. fixed it.
I like your add-on map, cz_swamp. It really lags my computer though.
Would you consider making an update to add more spawns and weapons to your map if a mp mod were released?
Also, how much work am I getting myself into? Would DS co-op be easily done using a hook dll to modify cz.dll for multiplayer compatibility?
Old 06-16-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
Kiltron
Casual

Not sure about the co-op thing. Nothing I've ever experimented with. As for making cz_swamp into multiplayer, that's probably not an option either. Personally I think if co-op is hax0red into DS that's just asking for the maps to be broken when played. Since they were built with 1 player in control in mind, multiple players going through at the same time would more than likely break how the gameplay is setup. Any co-op levels for games usually have to be designed with co-op in mind from the start to function correctly and play right.

I.E. There is a part in Druglab where inside the huts, there is a large visibility area because of the open window where the LAW guy is. In order to control the framerate here, I had to make a lot of the geometry outside in that area a func_wall_toggle to hide and show it. Now if one player goes inside the building, and the other stays outside, when the one inside hits the trigger to hide the geometry, the other player will see all of this affecting gameplay. This is just one I could think of off the top of my head. I'm most certain things like this would occur in a lot of other places, breaking the game.

And I have no clue who put that in cz_recoil. First time I've heard of it, and looked into it. Damn funny though....heh
Kiltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 12:23 AM   #6
zoso
Experienced

co-op? don't make me laugh.

there is no co-op in the PC version for the same reason there is no split screen in the xbox version. go ask valve about it, i'm sure you'll get a superb answer.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:57 AM   #7
dead_bwoy
Casual

Actually, I just created a listen server last night running cz.dll (CZS), but the player who joined was in a half-life model and didn't have a gun. I need to figure out how to make steam recognise cz.dll as a game under servers.

If I get this figured out, I'll be the one laughing...

Edit: As of yet, Valve has not commented in our discussion on the steam boards. I imagine they're pretty busy with the new update just being released.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:33 AM   #8
morthy

A friend of mine and myself spent hours and hours trying to do this. In the end we got a email back from ritual, saying that multiplayer had not been netcoded.
morthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:52 PM   #9
EGAMAN
Rookie

to get steam to find cz ds server better u need to edit Clinet.dll in cl_dlls
EGAMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:33 AM   #10
dead_bwoy
Casual

I think I may be able to Edit the entities in the official DS maps removing some of the triggers/sequences that would cause problems in MP play. Better yet, I could create a Special mp map designed for this. Your team would move through a map killing monsters (from monstermakers), utilizing all the new tools/weapons along the way. Is there any way I could force a dead player to respawn at a landmark?

EDIT @ EGA:
I moved all the game files under the Half-Life folder 3rd party mod style. Maybe that will work, I don't want to mess with official VALVe files that will continue to be updated, breaking the mod everytime there's an update. I have yet to test this on my LAN...
Old 10-21-2004, 10:38 PM   #11
Xenogenetic
Addict

My friend told me that he created a succesful CZDS listen server and that the player just took over the role of one of his teammate bots. He says a lot of outrageous things but this one sounded possible enough to work. It was one of the Ritual made levels that came out during the initial release of CZ, but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. To join he said that all you had to do was take off the random password that steam or CZDS puts on the server, and then tell someone your IP and they should be able to join through there CZDS console.
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:27 AM   #12
Davido
Veteran

I'm not sure, I am guessing that alot of the entities and scripting rely on having 1 person known as 'player' rather than 'player1' 'player2' 'player3'
Davido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #13
Xenogenetic
Addict

well we could try it sometime
my hostability sucks so it would have to be someone else
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:14 PM   #14
SuprTnr2
Casual

well, i could maybe run the server cause im getting CSCZ soon, and i have a 3mb connection so...
SuprTnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #15
Davido
Veteran

Damn b******! Boast it out to the world [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It would sure be cool to try.
Davido is offline   Reply With Quote