Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 08-25-2005, 06:26 AM   #1
smoke_Tetsu

Default Strange problem with Chemical Factory level part 2

I have been playing Sin on my PC and I got up to the chemical plant level where you get off the elevator in the yellow outfit. But I am having a problem on that level. There are two areas that I can't get through because of a weird bug that causes my character to get stuck and the screen jitters around like he's in an earthquake. The two areas are the security area down the stairs that you get to going through the first hallway in that area and also when I shut down the fans and jump down the hole that has the fan shut off in.

This is happening with the Sin 1.11 patch.
smoke_Tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Suggs

Default Re: Strange problem with Chemical Factory level part 2

This is not a problem with the level - u dont enter the rooms u describe straight away - u need to use the air ents to go round them. Once you have the keycard that gets you into the U4 storage you can use this card to go through those rooms as they are security controlled. Hope this helps
Suggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
smoke_Tetsu

Default Re: Strange problem with Chemical Factory level part 2

" part two At the start wait for the room to clear and kill the secretary. Use the computer to halt the ventilation fans. Smash the vent grill crawl down it until you hear the fans, enter the room and drop through. Try to shoot the guards before anyone sets off the alarms. Walk through the labs till you see the scientist above run off, CJ makes some comment. Head back to the main lab and kill the scientist who is hiding behind the closed door. Get his pass card and proceed through the security corridor."

That's from the walkthrough, but my problem also happens when I try the first part which is stop the fans and drop through that part so I am not able to get to the part where I get the key to go to the other part. Am I missing something?
smoke_Tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
Samuraicat1

Default Re: Strange problem with Chemical Factory level par

I had the same problem on this level. No matter how I tried to change the Video setup it continued to happen. It occurred when I attempted to go into the security are down the stairs and also when I attempted to drop down the ventillation shaft.

I solved the problem by using the no clip cheat. Go into the console by using the ~ key and type /nocollision (you may already know this...its in the cheat section of this site.) Anyway, it allowed me to get down into the ventilation shaft and stopped the shaking. The only thing was, the enemies don't see you and can't attack and you can pass through doors and go places you shouldn't be able to get to. Still, it allows you to work through the level by getting the U4 sample.

In order to complete the level, return to the upper level and turn no clip off. I found that once I had used it and been successful in entering the lower area, it also alleviated the shaking problem if I returned there. This is key because in order to finish the level, you must go back down through the ventilation shaft with the clipping/collision detection turned back on. If you don't, the game will not register that you have completed the task of entering the security area and won't give you the opportunity to exit through the outlet pipe (sorry for the spoilers...)

I hope this helps. I haven't had any further problems like this and have been able to work through several more areas without resorting to such methods. I was glad to see that others were having the same problem and it wasn't just my system!

Samuraicat
Samuraicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote