Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 11-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
zurielseven
Rookie

Default having a problem figuring out a good strategy

On the pulse phaser turret mission on the ventral hull, what is the objective? Is it logical to go after the small ships, or should i only destroy the big one?
zurielseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
7o'nine
Fanboy

Default Re: having a problem figuring out a good strategy

Your main objective if to hit those red targets on the big ship (if I remember correctly, if you just hit the big hsip anywhere it gets destroyed which is NOT your objective and will cause a mission failure.. you only need to disable it, which is done by hitting those red targets).
However, to keep yourself alive, you also need to shoot down those purple/orange projectiles they fire at you to save your health. If you shoot down the smaller ships then you have fewer of the purple ones to worry about.. so I'd say shoot at the smaller ships when you have the chance (first make sure you shoot down the projectiles first!), try and bring down a couple of them as it can make things a bit easier.

7o'nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
riceplant
Experienced

Default Re: having a problem figuring out a good strategy

Shooting the fighters down may seem a questionable tactic at first, as many will tell you that they just keep respawning, however there aren't an infinite amount of them, so you can destroy all of them, it will just take a long time, giving you more chance to be destroyed, but making disabling the capital ship easier once you've killed all of them.
riceplant is offline   Reply With Quote