Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 04-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
NiteX

Default No Sin for me because of Steam

Thank you Steam. Because of how much Steam sucks and is complete crap I cannot preorder Sin. Everytime I use a credit card it denies it. The first card I used I called up my credit card company to make sure everything was going ok. They said nothing was wrong it should accept it. So I tried a different card, BAM! Same thing. I doubled checked my number and information many times, its all correct. I don't know why Steam doesn't want me giving my money to Ritualistic. As I have no problem with it. But, obviously Steam does.
NiteX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: No Sin for me because of Steam

Try submitting a support ticket to Steam about this problem, they should be able to help you.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
bluebird
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteX:
Thank you Steam. Because of how much Steam sucks and is complete crap I cannot preorder Sin. Everytime I use a credit card it denies it. The first card I used I called up my credit card company to make sure everything was going ok. They said nothing was wrong it should accept it. So I tried a different card, BAM! Same thing. I doubled checked my number and information many times, its all correct. I don't know why Steam doesn't want me giving my money to Ritualistic. As I have no problem with it. But, obviously Steam does.
the Steam service could be overloaded also, not sure, but Levelord did say that the entire universe was pre-loading Emergence. I did my pre-load on Wednesday nite the 5th of April,

Steam does what it does just fine, I bought HL2 and put my key in there and everything worked fine, that was a year ago

If it can break it will, when you least expect it, BUT let me tell you this, all the pain and suffering will go away once Sin Emergence is released, there is still time, its not released yet anyhow.

-BB
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #4
NiteX

I sent Steam support an email the other day and they still never sent many anything back. I'm hoping they respond to me sometime soon.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #5
deceiver
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to deceiver Send a message via MSN to deceiver

If you are using a postal code, make sure to have it stuck together not spaced, at first that caused my c/c to get denied. Steam is very picky about addresses. You have the exact one your c/c company has in its records.
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
AnXa
Casual

What kind of credit card are you using? Do you live in Finland? If you do, do you have credit card from Nordea bank?

If you answer everything yes, then I might be able to tell you where is the problem. I had fight with steam and after that even bigger fight with my (previous) bank. The thing is that I was using Visa Electron they offered and it was supposed to be full visa with every option... Well the truth is that it was not.

In Finland Nordea uses their own debate system and lists which in "means of security" faul the cards CV-code. That's why for example if you buy anything from www based system nordea card redirects me to their www bank site. But since Steam is not html-based shop it cannot redirect you to Nordea banking service.

I ring for two days to Nordea head office for some answers and thank god people at Valve where able to tell that my card was denied by the false CV code. Since when I hear that from them I walked directly to Nordea, waited like three hours for some service, and then one or two for them to talk about the situation without understanding anything about what steam is and then they ring with phone to upper and got their superriors to phone and then they got the info from them. Nordea (my ex bank) doesn't allow CV codes on their Visa Electron or Visa cards...

That really sucks. I walked across the street to Sampo Bank and they did offer the CV code... I guess they are only bank in Finland which gives full Visa Electron which can be used for international payment services. One of my friend was a client for Osuuskunta Bank in Finland also and he had similar problems until from my recommendation changed to Sampo and he got Steam working also.

So Steam doesn't suck. It's most probably your banking service and the credit card which sucks and denies your purchase. Steam is international shop and requires standard credit card when ever it is Visa electron or not.

I don't know if this happens on other countries also but I think that it's possible since they told me in Nordea that most of the biggest centeral europen banks use similar systems to theirs...

[censored] them I'd say. Steam works really nice. I don't have anything bad to say about it. And Valve personel in help and support are nice people.
AnXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Quote:
I sent Steam support an email the other day and they still never sent many anything back. I'm hoping they respond to me sometime soon.
Don't send an email, start a support ticket via ask a question:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=YdNeEv4i&p_lva=429&p_sp=cF9z cmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbn Q9NTQmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBf c2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPT EmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yZWZ1c2VzIGNyZWRpdCBjYXJk&amp ;p_srch=1
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Reload Steam and try again. Looks like the latest patch should have fixed that....
JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
NiteX

Quote:
Originally posted by CommanderZx2:
Quote:
Don't send an email, start a support ticket via ask a question:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=YdNeEv4i&p_lva=429&p_sp=cF9z cmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbn Q9NTQmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBf c2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPT EmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1yZWZ1c2VzIGNyZWRpdCBjYXJk&amp ;p_srch=1
Ok, I just finished doing that. I'm wondering if they will take the time to answer it or not.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #10
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

They do answer those, give it a day or two. I know they asnwer them as I've done a couple of them in the past.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #11
deceiver
Veteran

They're not gonna answer on the weekend. Only on business days.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
Xenogenetic
Addict

Why not? What else do they have to do [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
deceiver
Veteran

Cause they don't work on weekends =P. The support staff that is.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

Steam is VERY selective on the cards you can use. I cannot use my Credit card, but I can use my Debit card. I read once that they get fined over 100 bucks if someone uses an illegitimate card, so they are over-protective. Can't really blame them though. My advice is keep trying different cards until one works. Don't just keep re-entering the same one.
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 AM   #15
deceiver
Veteran

I 100$ thing is bullshit. Don't believe it.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 AM   #16
NiteX

This might surprise some of you but I got a message from them.
----------------------------------------

Hello,

There is a configuration issue in our system which is affecting purchases on your account - I must manually approve purchases on your account until our technical administrators have the opportunity to reconfigure the settings.

I have unlocked your account for the purchase.

Thank you for your patience in this matter - please let us know if you encounter any further difficulties.
----------------------------------------

I'm trying it now so wish me luck guys.

[EDIT]

Sweet it worked! I'm downloading SIn 1, and Sin 1 MP now! Man it's been so long since I played the first Sin. I'm happy I own it again, I really enjoyed it.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #17
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

Glad you got that sorted out.
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #18
AnXa
Casual

Great thing mate. that's allmost the same they replied to me too. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
AnXa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #19
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

See support staff do work on weekends [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #20
deceiver
Veteran

Usually they don't. I guess the SiN purchase issue was important enough to work on the weekend to get everything sorted out.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #21
ClayMeow

Quote:
Sweet it worked! I'm downloading SIn 1, and Sin 1 MP now! Man it's been so long since I played the first Sin. I'm happy I own it again, I really enjoyed it.
Next time, don't talk shit about Steam or Valve before actually contacting them and trying to get the issue sorted. Valve is one of the best companies in the business, and Steam is the best thing to happen to gaming since WASD :P. I've been using Steam since it's inception without any problems. Pre-ordering and pre-loading games is awesome! Being able to play HL2 at 3am upon release (I'm on the East Coast) was priceless! Ritual was right in deciding to partner with Valve to bring this to us thru Steam, especially with how easy it'll make the distribution of episodic content.
ClayMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #22
Tero
Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by AnXa:
That really sucks. I walked across the street to Sampo Bank and they did offer the CV code... I guess they are only bank in Finland which gives full Visa Electron which can be used for international payment services. One of my friend was a client for Osuuskunta Bank in Finland also and he had similar problems until from my recommendation changed to Sampo and he got Steam working also.

Yeah, I have been using Sampo's Visa Electron for years, ordering stuff from internet and Steam and it works like a dream. Some websites need me to log into Sampo's website for authentication but there's no any problems in that.
Tero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
Lord_Rick
Experienced

excellent! yet another soul for ritual to absorb.. the plan goes well!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Lord_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #24
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Visa electron from osuuspankki didn't work at all, no matter how we tried, we enabled all payment options from the bank, and still no success. Funny, since there shouldn't be any differs between with them, if it's OP's or SAMPO's or any others. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote