Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 05-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #26
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert
Default Re: [WIP] White Blade Reskin

Quote:
Originally posted by Xenogenetic:
How could you think Darth Vader was black?
He was saying that if you were going to say that Blade is black because he "sounds" black, then so is Darth Vader since this guy voices him: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000469/
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:49 AM   #27
CanuckErrant
Rookie

Maybe they just kept him indoors a lot more prior to SiN 1? You know, all the indoor training ranges.
CanuckErrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #28
snake289
Experienced

Send a message via AIM to snake289 Send a message via MSN to snake289

he was like light skined black in the first sin but in episodes his skin is darker etc with hl 2 gordon freemen looked diffent plus his hev suit was diffent(doesnt have to do with skin colors but the creators somtimes change how the chareter looks in games)
snake289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #29
deceiver
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to deceiver Send a message via MSN to deceiver

In SiN1, in-game, Blade IS black. Those SiN 1 pre-renders don't reflect his true color in-game. Take a look at my screenshots...

Black arm skin color

If that isn't black, call me color blind.

And now, a caucasian woman - Elexis. Note the BIG difference in skin color between her and Blade.

Even in the anime movie you showed, dunno about you, but he strikes me as black, not caucasian. You can see the big difference in skin color between him and Elexis in that very poster.
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:27 PM   #30
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

I've been waiting 7 years, I don't care if he's purple.

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 unlock....

WOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!
JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #31
he_the_great
Regular

Let's stop complaining about his skin color, and start complaining that his face is completely different. (He did not have that much detail before)
he_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #32
Gatefreak2
Regular

your joking right!
Gatefreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #33
he_the_great
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Gatefreak2:
your joking right!
I'll leave that up to you to decide.
he_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:22 AM   #34
Omega1
Regular

Great, I make a reskin for Blade and find out that he nevers appears in third person, quite unlike the original SiN. He doesn't even talk aside from the few words he says when he answers his comm link or whatver.

What is this? Did Gordon transport into the SiN universe and make the game more like HL2? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Omega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #35
Commander_Canuck

I just want to post to say... you ppl are making me lose IQ points just by reading your posts... thanks alot
Commander_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #36
KryptCleaner

Quote:
Originally posted by Commander_Canuck:
I just want to post to say... you ppl are making me lose IQ points just by reading your posts... thanks alot
I am going to agree here, I just wasted 2 min that never should have been wasted.
KryptCleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #37
Omega1
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by KryptCleaner:
I just wasted 2 min that never should have been wasted.
I agree, this was a totally pointless and unnecessary argument. Especially since Blade is clearly and very unarguably white-skinned to begin with.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #38
WhoZeDuke
Rookie

lol
WhoZeDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #39
Omega1
Regular

To add to this discussion, I'd like to point out that a binder in Supremecy Tower (Not my pic, forgot to take one myself) shows Blade's mother as being undeniably caucasian. That just leaves his dad's actual ethnicity unknown.

However, in light of this new evidence, this makes Blades incredibly darker skin tone as seen in SiN Episodes quite inexplicable. Unless his father was a black hole, I doubt Blade's skin could be quite that dark.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:42 AM   #40
calzador
Veteran

mother… father… evidence?

Don’t you know he was burnt in a severe accident ?
calzador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 AM   #41
BoogieKnight
Casual

I find it funny that someone is trying to use the original SiN artwork to prove that black was anything but black. I guess you've never seen high-yellow [censored]? My step dad is high yellow, and a couple uncles of mine are as well -- one could even pass off as white. Blade is black, all it takes is looking at the hair to realize this.

A white boy trying to rock some hair like Blade's would be all frizzy and just all around messy looking. (you know you've seen that white kid on campus or in Berkley wearing dreadlocks or cornrow...so funny looking. A guy in berkley messed up one of my uncle's buddies from haiti, he was like what is that? we just laughed at his reaction, not the white boy ^_^, he had never seen dreads on a white person before).

Seriously though, I can't imagine anybody thinking Blade was anything but Black if they played the first or now this game. I'd be willing to think he's mulatto -- because I could see Vin Diesel playing his role [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (who's a mulatto if anyone was curious).
BoogieKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:07 AM   #42
BoogieKnight
Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega1:
To add to this discussion, I'd like to point out that a binder in Supremecy Tower (Not my pic, forgot to take one myself) shows Blade's mother as being undeniably caucasian. That just leaves his dad's actual ethnicity unknown.

However, in light of this new evidence, this makes Blades incredibly darker skin tone as seen in SiN Episodes quite inexplicable. Unless his father was a black hole, I doubt Blade's skin could be quite that dark.
Your ignorance is appauling. Really it is. You msut not know any black people at all, and if you do you better be of an age where none have babies of thier own because otherwise you wouldn't have posted what you had.

To me she looks like she could be white or black -- black people (as I mentioned before) come in all shades and colors. Some can pass off as white.

Black people make all colors of the rainbow -- maybe Blade got a tan -- you should see me after a week in the mountains (I turn about 20 shades darker)...this summer I'll be about 3 or 4 shades darker. My high-yellow uncle with his white wife made kids that appear to be 100% black (hair's nappy like us, skins darker than mine - and I'm a mulatto to etc...).

Here's a high yellow fella for ya to see.
BoogieKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #43
Damien_Azreal
Experienced

Could it be possible that Blade's parents were both black and white? That would explain his skin tone.

But I've always thought he was blake, even with those prerendered shots from SiN.
Damien_Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #44
Omega1
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Damien_Azreal:
Could it be possible that Blade's parents were both black and white? That would explain his skin tone.
Blade's father has never been seen in anything, except for SiN: The Movie, in which case here he is:

And for what it's worth, this guy is the voice actor of Blade in SiN: The Movie:

Anyway, for anyone who was wondering about the skin (Since this was a thread about a work in progress custom skin for SiN:E (Although I do always enjoy a good discussion [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])), I have not released it yet because even with the patch released yesterday, the game still won't accept custom vtf textures for some reason, so it won't appear ingame. Although I could create a workaround by making the skin as part of a completely seperate mod of SiN:E, that would make you lose your saves, stats, config, etc, and I don't think anyone should have to go through that much trouble just to use one custom skin. In the mean time, here's the fancy preview pic I made for my reskin:

Also, Blade only appears at the main menu anyway. I have made a a matching skin for his view hands model, or the hands that hold the guns from the Blade's perspective, though.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:06 AM   #45
Jedah

<font color="blue">A</font>h yes, because anime always portray's the correct tones for races. ¬.¬
Let it go man...
Jedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #46
Omega1
Regular

Someone in this thread cited SiN: The Movie aka SiN Anime as an example of how Blade is black. Frankly, I don't consider the SiN anime canon within the story line. However, the movie reveals that JC's last name is Armack (And his first name is John. Get it? John C. Armack? John Carmack? ho ho ho.) and the same name is used in a piece of SiN:E concept art for JC. Since the name was used in SiN: The Movie and still being used again in SiN:E, it can be assumed that the SiN movie is not entirely non-canon. The movie doesn't state that Blade is black anywhere, but it does show Blade's father as being rather caucasian. Likewise, SiN: Emergence shows Blade's mother as also being rather quite caucasian. They could both be partly of black ethnicity, but that still makes Blade's very dark skin as it appeared in SiN:E difficult to explain.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #47
KraZeD_KaoZ

I looked in the original game and he is black. I don't see much of a change. Same color on my pc, well maybe he is just a little darker in SiN Episodes. It could be the lighting making him look lighter.
KraZeD_KaoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #48
PizzasRgooD
Regular

I immediately saw him as black and even in all the pictures you posted he still looks that way, probably because of the lips and hair. Your reskin looks weird because of that.
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #49
Omega1
Regular

Alright, after months of tireless research, I've come to the final and super ultimate conlusion regarding Blade's true skin color.

After this whole discussion, I decided to examine Blade's skin color in SiN 1 more closely than before as the entire discrepency here is in relation to his skin color being changed in the sequel SiN Episodes. I figured if I can determine his absolute skin color in SiN 1, then it would be easy to prove that it was changed later.

Since people won't accept box art, concept art, promotional artwork, and any anime related to SiN as proof of whether his skin color is white or black, I decided to go straight to the game files instead, as that can't be denied as a source. However, comparing Blade's model skin to other characters can be misleading, since JC is extremely pale obviously because he's a computer hacker person who sits inside all day, and it's unlikely Elexis is going to have dark-ish skin since she's more likely to have fair skin, fitting her rather feminine (but dominating) character. So while these two characters might be white, they're actually 'whiter' than normal due to other circumstances. Also, Blade might simply be darker because he has a tan, but would otherwise have a normal white skin tone.

Because the actual player skins can't be trusted too well in light of this, I decided to scrutinize his hand skins that appear on the first person view weapon models (i.e. the hand you see when he punches, the hand that cocks the shotgun, etc). The results, at first, looked like it could support the theory of Blade having black skin. Here is a big collage of all the weapon skins I first saw, 100% accurately and authentically exhibited in high-quality png format. Obviously, his arms are black, so they have been labled "black skin" as such:

This seemed like solid evidence at first, and like I was finally getting some genuine results. However, further inspection of the rest of the weapon skins held a deep and shocking truth. Here's the collage of the other weapon skins I saw:

I was greatly jarred at seeing this. Ritual made the game, so obviously, they should know what Blade is, right? I mean, these skins have been sitting here for about 7 years or so. The answer should lie here. How could these textures negate each other over Blade's skin color? How could this possibly be?

I studied the issue for days and nights end on end. It seemed like the ultimate paradox. So much clear evidence pointed in so many different directions. But, just today, the solution came to me in a dream. It was all, in fact, so simple. All these facts, despite almost contradicting each other entirely, made complete sense using this answer! It tied up every loose end and takes care of every hole. So, after having rattled my brain with this question for months, I finally came to the inevitable, undeniable, unquestionable, and completely unrefutable conclusion...

</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'"> BLADE IS A ROBOT CHAMELEON. </span><font class="post">

I thank you all for your participation in this complex matter, and I am proud to have come up with the precise answer to everything. Oh you wacky devils, you Ritual, you! Trying to throw us all off by claiming Blade had parents and whatnot. In retrospect of everything, it's clear Blade was never human to begin with. I'm glad the matter is finally settled and I look forward to seeing this plot twist in further episodes of SiN Episodes.

</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'"> However, I would like to point out that Blade looks very much like a white-skinned robot chameleon. I'm sure you all agree. </span><font class="post">
Old 06-14-2006, 04:39 AM   #50
gothcelt
Rookie

Eesh! Anybody who thinks Blade is white must have burnt their corneas out with their brightness settings.... Am I the only person that can see the homage to Laurence Fishburne in the original Blade? Do you think that the GAME DEVELOPERS contracted alzheimers and FORGOT what colour they intended Blade to be? Grow up, dudes! I think the last most ridiculous thread I read was when people tried to read a gay relationship into the Frodo/Sam Gamgee relationship...
I think quite a few game coders are having a real guffaw at this 'debate'...
gothcelt is offline   Reply With Quote