Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 06-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #51
Omega1
Regular

Default Re: [WIP] White Blade Reskin

Quote:
Originally posted by gothcelt:
Am I the only person that can see the homage to Laurence Fishburne in the original Blade?
Well, since SiN came out before The Matrix, any homage to Fishburne would have to be to a pre-Matrix role. However, now that you mention it, I do see quite a bit of Cowboy Curtis in Blade.

Quote:
Do you think that the GAME DEVELOPERS contracted alzheimers and FORGOT what colour they intended Blade to be?
Um... yes?

At least judging from my previous post, I would have to assume that not even Ritual knew/knows what Blade's true skin color really is/was. </font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'"> Aside from bring a ROBOT CHAMELEON and all.</span><font class="post">
Omega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #52
MetalFX
Casual

Personally I can't see what the big deal is here, I mean even a blind man (no offence ment) could clearly see that in SiN 1 Blade is as white as the non-red parts of the England flag. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion.

But however a few questions do still remain unanswered such as 'How did Blade become so dark in Episode 1 (even if he got a bit of a tan his skin colour couldnt of changed that much could it?) And also what other unexplained changes to Blade can we expect to see in future episodes?

I wouldnt be suprised if Blade went under a gender change in the next episode, judging by how much his skin colour has changed I think its safe to say that we might as well as expect it to happen at some point. (Still would make a suprising storyline for Blade turning out no be a female, no?)

But for right now I like Omega1's </font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'"> ROBOT CHAMELEON </span><font class="post"> theory so i'm going to go with that.
MetalFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #53
Raveness
Veteran

There isn't a big deal because Blade, regardless of whatever skin color/ethnicity he is, acts like the prototypical American action badass.

He's not running around spouting religious hymns, or chattering about his ancestry, nor does he have tribal artifacts in his office or talk like Chris Rock about white and black people, so all this discussion is moot anyways
Raveness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #54
Xenogenetic
Addict

Why are you still debating this? Robert Atkins, El Presidente of Ritual Entertainment says he is black.www.bspmaps.com/ANDREW/black guy.wav
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:35 AM   #55
Omega1
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Xenogenetic:
Why are you still debating this? Robert Atkins, El Presidente of Ritual Entertainment says he is black.www.bspmaps.com/ANDREW/black guy.wav
He says it was like making a character a black guy. He also says he's like a cop and kind of a renegade cop. If this is Ritual trying to confirm that Blade is black, even they don't sound all that sure about it.

Besides, being of black ethnicity and looking black are two different and distinct things. Blade has clearly been portrayed as looking both white and black-skinned (See my previous post before last for proof of that), so I figure that we may never find the one true answer we're looking for (</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">Once again, though, aside from Blade being a ROBOT CHAMELEON. That takes solves everything. </span><font class="post">).
Omega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:11 AM   #56
gothcelt
Rookie

He doesn't say LIKE a black guy - he just says "who IS a black guy... LIKE a cop", etc. The use of the word 'like' is old school - "like, wow, man!", or, "like, I'm wasted..." - just bad grammar, man...

But anyway, as said earlier, it doesn't really matter - he's a badass either way. Oh, and just a note on an earlier post: Laurence Fishburne was famous loooong before the Matrix movies.... sorta when Keanu was still a nobody...
gothcelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #57
Gothmog
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Gothmog

Hell yeah! Wasn't Laurence Fishburne in Appocalypse now, some 25 years ago? Actually the year I was born, I think

I don't see what the big deal is concerning Blade's ethnicity, it really doesn't matter. Skin tone is not something that I spend my time thinking about. If there is any point to it, I thought that he was maybe a combination of the caucasian and black. Either way, he's one hell of a character.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #58
PizzasRgooD
Regular

Nobody cares about ethnicity. The problem is some think they changed it.

I think he was always black, but ritual saw the confusion, and tried to fix it by making him undeniably black in episodes.
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #59
JoelF
Veteran

Yeah... I really don't care if he's purple, as was mentioned above.

And really... unless you care about continuity issues, why does it matter?

Besides, some of the one-liners in the original were hilarious. He reminds me of Superfly... so if he's black, what do I care? It fits...
JoelF is offline   Reply With Quote