Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #76
motoko2030
Experienced

Default Re: SiN Episodes: Emergence Feedback and Suggestio

My suggestions for future episodes are

More of Blade talking to JC, Jessica, Elexis and the other characters, he doesn't need to be like Gordon Freeman where he keeps silent throughout the game.

More screen time of Elexis.

Keep some or all of the weapons from Emergence and add new episodes in the later episodes. Make the grenades have a bit of a bounce to them and have teh player control how far the grenades go.

If possible have commentary in future episodes, like in Lost Coast and in Half Life 2 Episode 1.
motoko2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:38 AM   #77
WretchedSpawn
Regular

The chain link fences in the docks area are just ugly. Even at 1600x1200 with 4x Anti-Aliasing, whenever your standing more than about 3 feet away from them they just look blocky and not at all like a real chain link fence . I'd strongly urge the dev's to not use anymore chainlink in their levels...
WretchedSpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:31 AM   #78
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

Yeah those fences suck.
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #79
Superfly
Regular

Magnum needs to be semi automatic.

Grenades need to bounce a bit less (be heavier)

AR needs to be more acurate un-scoped and the delay in un-scoping needs to be sorted out.

My feedback as follows so far:-

Some chatter from blade would be nice!!! as would alternate routes through levels/exits etc etc.

The main menu is a bit cheap looking - text is too large and the dialogue boxes are identical to HL2 except for the colour??!!! - what happened to SiN's original and very good menu screen??

Thats it for me - other than these few points the game is awesome.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #80
Superfly
Regular

Forgot to say!!

I keep getting stuck on things that should be nothing more than a slight bump ie: the collision detection needs tweaking!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #81
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax

I just wanted to add the following...

- The menu system isn't as cool as it used to be. I was seriously expecting the HardCorps server mainframe menu system again, but we only get the standard HL2/Steam menus. Might be changed later?
- And as for weapons and animation... reload times could be faster (especially the Magnum... the animation looks as if it's paused inbetween, just like it was in the beta!) and then there are no putaway animations when you switch weapons. Weapon disappears, other weapon is pulled out... unrealistic.

Otherwise I keep my positive feedback about this episode. It's Sin to me, no matter how many "Sin fans" want to tell me the opposite. And it will be even more Sin once Blade talks.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #82
Din

Ok, hey, second post and thought it'd be best to give you guys at Ritual the feedback.

I can't fault much with the game I found it great and rather compelling, Freeport seeming to change and mature in the four intervening years.

I liked the surly Blade, I dont know what people's problem is with it.
If you've been obsessing over catching a pshyopathic woman intent on destroying the world and reforging it in her own image and I'd like you to sit down and chat about nothing in particular after four years of chasing her.

Only serious gripe is that which many have already covered.
The SiNtek soldiers.
Can we have a soldier inbetween? Wearing the body armour but not carrying a ruddy great chaingun in the next episodes please? They seemed far too hard in places when you'd come up against anything up to four of them. I know you'd like to give us a challenge, but jees Lousie!

</font><span class="spoiler" onmouseover="this.className='spoilerhighlight'" onmouseout="this.className='spoiler'">I also quite liked the audio outakes and jokes at the end, perhaps you could extend that to characters and scenes in the game world accidentally buggering up their routines or lines or something? </span><font class="post">

Uuuh, otherwise I can only gush incoherent "coolness!" words at you folks, so, well done on the first episode guys, definate value for money and genuinely can't wait for the next episode. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #83
evilnny

Have been really enjoying Emergence, however -

Why is the bounding box on the big nasty mutant so... clumsy?

Specifically, it is incredibly difficult to land a grenade in an appreciable proximity to the beast. I thought I had a briliant combo attack worked out, with a magnum rail shot, which stuns it temporarily, followed by chunking a grenade under its soft little belly, followed by another stunning shot, grenade throw, etc...

To no avail - mostly, the grenades go careening off at some random angle, or all too often they come bouncing directly back at me. I tried this a number of times, got completely fed up, turned on god mode, got closer, and noticed while pitching the grenade it clearly cannot land, or pass, very close the model. This is most evident around the hind quarters.

So is this an intentional hacky way to prevent grenading the hell out of the beast, or an effort to avoid other unpleasentness when it interacts with its surroundings, or vice versa?

Another note on the grenades - even a brief tap of G sends them hurtling through the air, and I found myself backing away and relying on bank shots to land them where I want them because of the total lack of throwing control.

Am I missing the method for rolling one across the floor, or giving one a gentle toss rather than acting out Sin: Quarterback of The Year?

Cheers on a game well made. Twenty bucks seems a tad steep for such a brief episode (a solid night's romp...), but I wanted to support the emerging (bloody puns!) episodal content on Steam.

Luckily your level designers and artists include all manner of fun bits to discover and inspire fits of laughter. Why, oh why, does Sin: Night at the Roxbury not have an audio track?

This is also a thread I started:

http://www.ritualistic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=167083&amp;page=0&amp ;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=7&amp;fpart=1
evilnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #84
hahnchen
Experienced

It's probably already been mentioned, but there should be a way to "cook" grenades, that is to keep them held down so the explode sooner. Being that Grenade is bound to G, why not consider a system like TFC? It's really easy and intuitive. Throughout Emergence, one of my tactics was to throw a grenade at my feet then to pick it up whilst live and chuck it, very effective it was, but it shouldn't be so much of a hassle.
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #85
Superfly
Regular

The Rifle needs more secondary ammo capicity - 5 instead of 3.

The Music should be moe hardcore and there should be a bit more of it.

I also think the pistol should be a "free weapon" leaving the 3 slots available for a total of 4 - and we should have the option of dropping one type for another.

Also why I cant I shoot the locks of cupboards?? even if there empty.

To go back onto the Blade talking thing I think he should deffinetly reply when someone comms him in game but thats it - no cheesy one liners.

I agree on cooking the nades - nice idea and would stop the over bouncy problem.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #86
SanPedro
Casual

First off let me say that alot of my feelings about the game have already been stated.

I ho have a couple more suggestions for the game.

I want a more interactive world. I want elements in the world to play more of a role in the game. Like early in the game when you use the steel beam to knock down the fence.

I wanted to see more big time scripted events taking advantage of the source engine. I think that the the huge mutant should throw cars and random objects at you also. Imagine have a scene where one of those things starts chasing you down a street while hurling cars at you.

The zooming down the sight of the gun was pretty much worthless. It didn't seem like it improved accuracy at all, infact for it made it harder to shoot good. Might as well get rid of it or make it worth while to use.

Increase the volume of the characters talking, most times I was clueless as to what was being said.

Dont make me shoot down a helicopter with a scattergun and a pistol.
SanPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #87
motoko2030
Experienced

Other suggestions that I have for improving Sin Episodes are

Shooting off the locks off lockers.
I like that the dynamic difficulty systems adds helmets to the enemies whenever a player gets a lot of headshots, could it also do something to the enemies body armor; increase it when the player gets better at killing them and lower it when the player struggles.
Make Blade talk more during the episode, not just when you have to press the TAB key at certain point in order for Blade to respond.
Make the enemies react to being shot, so if I shot an enemy in the leg, then he would limp for a bit, things to make it seem a bit more realistic.

motoko2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #88
Blueshade
Rookie

ok - forget what I said earlier about value for money - Im more than happy at the length of this first episode - any fears of paying too much for too little are gone.
As I said before,level design is really top notch,cant think of a map here that I didnt like.I havent noticed any glitches/bugs either - some really nice polish going on here.Gameplay,weapons,interactivity all good good good.

The niggles:I still feel the story is somewhat detached from the game.You can blast your way through SinE levels and the story will continue on without you regardless as to whether or not you understand it.Looking at some of the other feedback here a lot of folks are asking for blade to speak.Maybe a way to give the story more inclusion would be by allowing Blade to chat and interogate folks - chatting to Jessica for example and interogating workers in the U4 lab.There are lots of office areas/work stations in the game - maybe another chance to intergrate the story?
Very close to the end of this first episode Jessica is thrown off a chopper and left for dead on top of a building - this should have been one of those rare emotional moments where the player feels obliged to offer jessica help,it felt a little like that,but it would have been more poignant if we had got to know her better ^^.

I thought the audio was great,loved the music,ambient sounds - and the crys you can here as the U4 lab self destructs was pretty cool too.

So all in all bloody good.Just that one little story niggle and this games a winner.
Blueshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #89
Lord_Rick
Experienced

this is a pretty insignificant point, but id quite like to see a little more of hardcorps HQ. You saw it a fair few times in the original Sin when JC was talking to blade and in training. Perhaps we could get a look at it in future episodes.
Lord_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #90
benjames

Hopefully the Ritual guys are reading this thread, because there are some great suggestions in here. A few I'd like to echo:

- More Blade/JC(s) dialogue.
- More plot.
- I shouldn't see enemies spawn (I have no problem with the fact that they do, but it should be invisible to me)
- Where are the branching outcomes?

And a few I'd like to add:
The HTML version of the stats that is saved should include ALL the statistics. After giving the game a go on HardCorps mode, I saved the stats, expecting to be able to go through them at my leisure, only to find out that the graphs and Blade Titles aren't included in there! And of course, being unable to save in HardCorps mode, I couldn't go back to get them.

Also on the stats, why isn't the total play time included? I now have no idea how long it took me on my first playthrough or my best HardCorps runthrough.

Other than that though, great game guys! Looking forward to the next episode, which I will most certainly be pre-ordering!
benjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #91
ATimson
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by benjames:
Also on the stats, why isn't the total play time included? I now have no idea how long it took me on my first playthrough or my best HardCorps runthrough.
This won't help with HardCorps runthroughs, but for normal ones you can divide deaths by deaths per hour to get the number of hours spent. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #92
Buzzfunk
Regular

So i just finished it.

I want to say as a long time Sin fan, this new version of Blade was...was not fun and quite disappointing. Sorry but i really had to force myself to finish the game. In the end, i would love to say something more positive but i would just lie if i said i'd love it...

The positive right upfront:

- Music was great. Zak is da man. Maybe a little more variation in the future. How about having guest musicians for each episode doing a remix of one of Zaks cues?

- Sound was good. (minus the weapon sfx)

- The overall feel of movement was pretty good.

- Game looks good. I wouldnt mind adding some better lighting to the game. Seems very 'stale' at times...but a good start.

- Atmosphere is pretty good most of the times..

Now here are my main points, mostly negative:

- No Blade chatter.

I cannot belive besides a couple of lines that you made Blade a silent character. If people think thats dated then sorry. It really made th eoriginal SIn just....just cool. Cooler then HL back then in my book.

- interactivity...

ok. now WHERE is all the promised cool stuff? I think after games like Sin, FAKK2 and EF2, i really expected more from Ritual. Theres nothing in the game that hasnt been done before and whatever is there has been done better. Its a letdown...

- Story

with the lack of Blade talking, i just dont feel involved into the story. This first episode shouldve started with a big bang. In the end i just didnt care..

- jessica

good god. Please,,please...get RID of her. Shes annoying at best. Doesnt add anything to the overall game IMO and her dialog was laughable (in a bad way) at best...

- Weapons

So ok this is EP gaming. I get it. But 3 weapons??? Gimme a faakkn break. Wasnt fun. The mag felt better in SIN 1 and the weapon sounds overall just lacked any 'ohmmppp'.

- levels and loading times...

Again, the game looks great. But wheres the cool "Action-Based Outcome"?? I know there are limits but a little more "let me decide how to" wouldve been nice.

And whats up with the loading times? These are the longest one of any game im playing right now...ahh i know, patch right?

- Enemies

u know its a tough one. I know why but its just so freakin boring shooting the same yellow guys over and over...can there not be a lil more variation? Maybe im being too picky...

I dunno. After games like SIN, FAKK2 and EF2 i just exepcted more. As is its a decent shooter but it needs a lot of work. I understand that theres no xx million dollar bugdet but still, after some hype it just doesnt deliver. I would rate it 5/10 i guess.

I'd still buy future episodes cause i know that Ritual can do better. So hopefully some of the feedback, even if its negative, will help make future ones a lot better.

Buzzfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #93
Caine123
Casual

also signed, but i expect more variation of music, like in sin1 more electro guitar music, it kicked your balls while listening to blade chatter with jc and the badd asses lines !

i think the old bad asses are much cooler than the new ones.......
Caine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #94
Smoke39
Regular

I just remembered one thing. Jumping. Can we jump just a tiny bit higher? There were some places where you had to jump on top of things (jumping on pipes to reach the second part of that superheated room comes to mind), and it was kinda a pain to make what should have been really simple jumps.
Smoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:50 AM   #95
Vazel

I would like to see more dialogue in future episodes.
Vazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:32 AM   #96
PrivateNewbie
Regular

PrivateNewbie's WishList for future episodes...

-Blade's voice... everyone's been saying it... and so am I. I love Half-Life, the way Gordon Freeman never speaks is unique. But that's not SiN. SiN is more classic FPS action where the character does speak. I really miss his voice... I've been hearing that no voice adds to the submersion. That's not true, you know what really messes up submersion? Quick saving constantly and getting killed every sixty seconds or so. Not that I mind that... but really, dialog will not be any worse than saving and loading constantly.

-An actual car chase! What happened? I saw a bunch of screenshots before the game was out and I was stoked for the car sequence... but then there was none, WTF?!

-Jetpack, flying a Jetpack would be so great!

-Other HardCorps members, fighting with some other members of the force would be fun.

-For Ritual to let me beta test them all... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That's it for me...
PrivateNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:48 AM   #97
Kalabalana
Veteran

hmm, not sure if this is blazingly apparent to everyone else but, seriously, why is the sin emergence soundtrack being sold? Will people who did NOT buy the game buy the soundtrack? I highly doubt it, so that basically leaves people who ALREADY bought the music (when they bought the game) to REBUY the music? (and they will because I'm quite confident the sin marketing team is very confident it will be a quick buck to trick people into rebuying the music)

this is just so shady it's upsetting.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:49 AM   #98
djbell
Experienced

Well I agree that I think it's crazy, but I'm happy if Ritual raises money for more episodes any legal, moral way they can. If someone wants to buy a soundtrack, good for you, you're potentially helping me get more Episodes!
djbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:14 AM   #99
Smoke39
Regular

Yeah, that seems pretty weird to me... I don't really care, though. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the soundtrack. I think Human Head's doing the same thing with Prey's soundtrack.
Smoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #100
ATimson
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Smoke39:
I think Human Head's doing the same thing with Prey's soundtrack.
Not Human Head, per se, but the two Soules who composed the music. In that case, I bought the soundtrack because I liked other stuff the Soules had done, even though I haven't heard the Prey music before. (Well, and the samples they had on the site sounded good. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

While I don't think that Zak is anywhere near as big a name as Jeremy Soule is, I'm more than willing to support his good work by buying higher-quality files that actually play. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote