Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
spike

Default I got no disemberment

I got blood, but less than expectet and I cant shoot the head of the enemies.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: I got no disemberment

Can you check your receipt and see if it says "SiN Episodes: Emergence (DE)"?
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
spike

my receipt says "Sin Episode 1" in Steam there it also says: "Sin ermergence" without "DE".

i got Sin1 too! But yes in fact, I am currently studiyng in germany, but i am austrian! I also registered the steam aacount as austrian and i am 20 years old. If you want to I can send you a scan of my passport!

I bought this game online to not to get a CUT version!
Old 05-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Can you submit a trouble ticket to Valve so they can unlock the uncut version for you? The version that you purchased was dependent on your IP address.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
spike

How do i do that?

edit: my accounname is "[we don't need to see that here]" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Go to support.steampowered.com.

To send a problem to the Valve technical support team click the Ask a Question tab that appears above this answer.

Information you should provide when you submit your incident:

Your Steam account name.
The E-Mail Address that is on your Steam account if it differs from the one you are contacting Valve from.
A description of the problem you are having.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
spike

mkay! thx for the help!

I hope I get the Uncut version thogh i am currently living in germnay (i send a copy of my passport).

Sin rox, but if i can only getthe cut version, i wont buy any other episode! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

btw. why is there a cut german version at all? why not making the game unrated or 18+? in germany you gotta be 18+ to own a credit dard so why a cut version? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #8
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

We're still working through some issues with USK and BPjM. Once we have some solid information, we'll release a statement. Until then, I can't say anything about it.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #9
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax

Now, I'm fairly sure that my version of Emergence is uncut, I see all the violence I want to see, I got Sin 1 with it (which wasn't supposed to happen in Germany) and I also didn't get any delays for Emergence. As I explained in another thread, I have set my Steam language to English and I'm pretty sure that I did NOT get the DE version (my receipt doesn't have the DE). Now, how could this happen if I'm supposed to get a cut version without Sin 1, being German? I mean, is the language Steam is set to all that Valve checks? If so, it's an easy workaround for people who want the non-German version of Emergence.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #10
spike

my steamlanguage is and was always english. as ai said i also registered my accoutn als austrian accoutn, but now i'm sitting right here in munich and coudn#t wait to get home to buy the game. But my episodes version is cut. no gibs. so what to do. i'm austrian, but living half the time in germany and half the time in austria. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #11
H4d3s
Rookie

i got a little angry about this topic in an other thread. i think i'll wait for an official statement and after that, if it's still cut i'll email steamsupport, because i bought the us version of sin, which is stated on my receipt, and i got sin1 as well. also no delay in release for me.
H4d3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #12
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

Are you sure this is a bug? I'm not convinced you're experiencing a bug at all. I mean dismemberment in the game is not exactly a common occurance like it is in SIN1. It could be you're just not using a powerful enough weapon at close enough range, or hitting the spot exactly which would cause it.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #13
H4d3s
Rookie

it's okay, if it is not common. in fear i blew just a handful of heads off and totally gibbed 1 or 2 guys during the whole game. but what we are talking about ist not even one dismemberment during the whole game, and that indicates - for me - that it isn't there. i had many hits shotgun to the head from less than a foot away, that should have sent some gibs flying.

i have calmed down a little bit since i first realized it may be cut in germany. same level of violence like half-life 2 is okay for me, but i'm still a little p***ed off, because usually i don't buy cut games at all, no matter how good they are supposed to be. i bought us version via steam, so i should have it uncut...

but as it doesn't seem to be cut that hard ( and i didn't expect dismemberment at all, at least i didn't realize it in the trailers ) it at least seems bearable, though i had wished for better information on this before...
H4d3s is offline   Reply With Quote